Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

żżż Break Room żżż 12/31 - 1/6/07

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 08:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There.......just isn't one.
Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey Marine! Did you see those squids trying to pretend to be an honor gaurd in President Ford's internment today? During present arms I could see the gun stock between the guys fingers. My DI would have had a heart attack. "You ain't holding a beer, (or a specific body part) you are holding a US government WWII weapon that is older than you are. Treat it with respect!" Never did see sailors march right, and I was one.

Leathernecks looked sharp, best uniforms for sure. (kills me to say that)
Old 01-04-2007, 06:37 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
WOW, no-ones posted this mornign yet??? must be a busy day.........

Coffee is over-done and burnt. just right

Not much going on today, just another mark in the endless dull march towards eventual death......................

hope yall have a good one.............CD
Old 01-04-2007, 07:20 AM

Morning all!

Wifey turns 50 this AM and I got all kinds of "black" surprises for her.
Old 01-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
Morning all!

Are they lizard surprises???

Everyone sleeping in this morning? You are right Chris - - that coffee is tough and chewy. Hmmm, where is the janitor???

Cloudy morning down here but supposed to burn off shortly. 84 yesterday - - AC is on. Gorgeous out. Some yankees found our address so we have company for a while. Gotta go fix'em so breaky, so I'm out of here.

Bob
Old 01-04-2007, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Geico266
Good Lord, you're MARRIED??? How'd you manage to find someone who'd put up with YOU? Wish her a happy b'day for us and let her know I send my sympathies, (for livin' with YOU, not because she's 50!)

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
... just another mark in the endless dull march towards eventual death...
Wow, there's a cheery thought! A little depressed today are we Chris? Don't despair, look to the east and greet a new beginning!

Hmmm, no MadMarine yet today. Someone turned the coffee pot on tho, so he must be around here somewhere. I have an idea where, but I'll keep that to myself.

chaikwa.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:18 AM

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Good Lord, you're MARRIED??? How'd you manage to find someone who'd put up with YOU? Wish her a happy b'day for us and let her know I send my sympathies, (for livin' with YOU, not because she's 50!)
Fifteen year buckaroo, she knows a good thing.

PS, She says I'm her sugar daddy.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:24 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Hmmm, no MadMarine yet today. Someone turned the coffee pot on tho, so he must be around here somewhere. I have an idea where, but I'll keep that to myself.

chaikwa.

Feel free to coment, everyone needs a good laugh.

I came in around 0530, but I just ran through, still having issues from yesterday's mountain of work that got dumped on me at 1430. It's a lot better than being on the boys, tho. I'll take this headace any day. Actually, I'm starting to want to go back. I've been hanging around these squids for 6 months now, I need some good old Marine Corps PAIN!!! back in my life.

Weather is kinda wierd this am. Warm, fog. Good for PT, tho. On the second pot here, it's been one of those mornings.

Later!!
Old 01-04-2007, 08:49 AM

Morning all,

Geico, checking on you, glad you remember you wifes birthday, Same day as my wife, Shirley. Not sure what the "black" presents are, just so you didn't get appliance, but things she likes. Keep ya outta trouble.
Mine got a crystal bear like she likes from a Shworski's (SP) nice gift wrapped. Then a Seduko eletronic game from Walgreens. Put both in the plastic bag from Walgreens, with a card. She found them on her computer.
For the past few days I have been with my much older and much much wiser sister in SW Houston 77096. She wanted to talk to me. A firend of hers on on home hospice in the final stages of cancer, and has hear the owl call her name.
Sis also had some problems with Socal Securty from her late husband. She wrote Marvin Zindler about it. It got resolved, but yesterday Marvin called her for more information.
Had the so I can function. Now taking sis to breakfast at the New York Deli.
Wannabe you sure are having fun working hard.
Madhat, good for you taking advantage of the education offered by you rich Uncle Sam.
Had a lotta rain here in Houston, keeps the dust down on the highway. Fiverbob don't work too hard, go enjoy life. Feet up, on the patio with your Kona
Be safe and have a good un.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Scott, if whales are suppossed to have flippers, then why do they call them flukes??????????????
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Scott, if whales are suppossed to have flippers, then why do they call them flukes??????????????
Just a fluke I guess!

What the heck brought THIS up? Slow day? LOL!

chaikwa.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
OUCH!!! Just ordered my books for school on line, $270!! Please, Sir, May I have another!!! Glad that my rich uncle is footing the bill for the classes, $1500. That's just 2 of them.

Gotta go shoppin for the soda mess and get some chow.
Old 01-04-2007, 11:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by madhat
OUCH!!! Just ordered my books for school on line, $270!! Please, Sir, May I have another!!! Glad that my rich uncle is footing the bill for the classes, $1500. That's just 2 of them.

Gotta go shoppin for the soda mess and get some chow.
I'm surprised that nobody has figured out how to pirate school books by paying Kinko's to scan them into PDFs and distribute them on CD-ROM's to their buddies.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Begle1
I'm surprised that nobody has figured out how to pirate school books by paying Kinko's to scan them into PDFs and distribute them on CD-ROM's to their buddies.

Sounds like first hand experience on the issue.
Old 01-04-2007, 12:09 PM
Chapter President

Last semesters books for me cost $540 dollars and I haven't got my books ordered for this semester yet (I'm doing it all on Amazon this time, but they don't tell you what books they are for the classes when you get them from the book store on campus' website). Not feeling very good for the last few days, finally today my head feels fine but my body still doesn't.

Quick Reply: żżż Break Room żżż 12/31 - 1/6/07