Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***FREE BEER & TOILET PAPER BREAKROOM - 4/14 to 4/20***

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jhenson
We're okay in Waco.......the small community of West, Texas is not so lucky!!! They suffered MASSIVE devestation last night. Started a new thread on it just now. I'm heading out there in a bit to help some of our close friends gather up what they have left. They got out of their house and on the road about 1 MINUTE before the fert. company exploded!!!!!

Grabbing some coffee and hitting the road. Will keep ya'll posted.
Glad to hear you're ok!

Michael's sister lives in Waxahachie, (sp?), and she felt it up there.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:02 AM
Administrator ........ DTR's puttin fires out and workin on big trucks admin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
5-15 civilian deaths, 3-5 firefighters unaccounted for and 1 law enforcement person unaccounted for. The nursing home was completely evacuated and all residents/patients have bee accounted for.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:04 AM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
figures, put out old doughnuts......chaikwa shows up.

(glad you had a good time, bro! thank you for the history this AM)

Scottyfarmhand, your time will come, keep yourself advertised!
(world's of difference pyschologically between 20 and 27 anyways, not worth the drama.)
gay girls have lotsa straight friendsbe yourself no matter what.
responsibility, competence is sexy -don't sell yerself short, pal.

hubby off to make firewood; I am cleaning the kitchen/clutter.
one of the rare gender specific work days down on the log farm.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
hubby off to make firewood
So does that mean he's planting trees or cutting them down?
Old 04-18-2013, 08:11 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by Hvytrkmech
5-15 civilian deaths, 3-5 firefighters unaccounted for and 1 law enforcement person unaccounted for. The nursing home was completely evacuated and all residents/patients have been accounted for.
as bad things go-good to hear, old folks are my weakness.
deja vu on the firefighters and gets my eyes open and chest tight.
hope Texas gets the money and support it needs NOW! not wait for it in political tape.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:16 AM
DTR Mom

Originally Posted by chaikwa
So does that mean he's planting trees or cutting them down?
after the free for all with 22 (asplund) tree cutters for power line company,
he is entering the dragon....maybe some of the fallen 90 footers planted limbs that maybe new trees, hehehehe

I am sure he wants some help but you only have a big box chain saw

kidding, missed you.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:43 AM

How would that be lucky? Are you trying to tell us something?
Yeah, that I am that dang unlucky. I am getting better at picking up on the fact, and there's a couple things about this girl that make me suspect it's possible, but nothing definitive.

1775 - American revolutionaries Paul Revere, William Dawes and Samuel Prescott rode though the towns of Massachusetts giving the warning that "the Regulars are coming out." Later, the phrase "the British are coming" was attributed to Revere.
There was a woman who also joined in on that ride. NRA has an award named after her, but it appears I already tossed that issue of American Rifleman.

Scottyfarmhand, your time will come, keep yourself advertised!
(world's of difference pyschologically between 20 and 27 anyways, not worth the drama.)
gay girls have lotsa straight friendsbe yourself no matter what.
responsibility, competence is sexy -don't sell yerself short, pal.
Been there. By what her cousin tells me their grandfather was told about me she was about as 2-faced as they get.
There's a little more than 7 years between us. They are fun on pool nights, but I'd just be the creepy old guy if I said anything.
A friend's got 11 years on his girlfriend, but June is a bad month for him and we don't think she has any idea what he's capable of. He says when he left the army he had to sign a paper that says he was never there, and never did what he done, and what he done haunts him. We think he'll end up on the hook for child support, or wake up in full military mode and things will really go bad.
I have a couple Husqvarna 288XPs. But neither run right now.
Old 04-18-2013, 06:39 PM
Administrator

Name:  391272_503690052978842_2084651906_n.jpg
Views: 31
Size:  33.0 KBTell him to crank faster!

Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
I have a couple Husqvarna 288XPs. But neither run right now.
Send them up here. I'll make them run.

Evening all.
Old 04-18-2013, 07:34 PM
Administrator

For the past 3 years we've been teaching CPR and telling people that the compressions should be to the beat of the old disco song 'Stayin' Alive' by the Beegee's. Well, being more of a metal fan, I didn't particularly care for the Beegee's even when they were popular. And now, most people who aren't old don't even know who they are, much less that old, dated song.

As a more fitting song for the times AND the job at hand, I offer the following as a replacement:

Old 04-18-2013, 08:09 PM
DTR Mom

hehhehe, "stihl cranky". that your motivational poster chiakwa?
(or just your mantra) snicker snicker

unsettling stuff today. keeps me quiet.

reflective drink to you all!
Old 04-18-2013, 08:32 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
As a more fitting song for the times AND the job at hand, I offer the following as a replacement:
HORRORS!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is pure evil. How can anyone listen to that or attend one of their uuuhhhhh - - - hmmmmm - - - - CONCERTS???????????? Can we call it that??? Gosh, I wish I hadn't listened to that. .........

Now that you have ruined my night, guess I will go to bed and hope I can go to sleep without seeing or hearing that evil person. ..........

Got lots of work done today. Lanai is starting to come together. Doing the fussy stuff today setting up for the major laying of the pavers. Got most ot the bull nose around the pool and jaccuzzi in today. Baby is staying overnight in the shop tonight. I will miss her. New tires (two of them have 88,000 miles on them. Couldn't believe it.) New ball joints, shocks. Then going to replace the carrier bearing and Ujoints before we head for the keys. First work I have done other than one water pump since truck was new. Not bad.

Hey, shutting this thing down for the night. Sleep well. (if I can just forget that horrible video - - ...........)

Bob
Old 04-18-2013, 08:35 PM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Unhappy

Hey all.....still a sad day down here today. So much devastation. Hope everyone in here had a better day than the folks around here. News is still coming in and it's nothing more than saddening at best. We'll see how tomorrow fairs as it will then turn into a rescue only mission.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
That is pure evil. How can anyone listen to that or attend one of their uuuhhhhh - - - hmmmmm - - - - CONCERTS????????????
The same way you can listen to that stuff your generation calls music. It's all a matter of perspective and opinion.

Morning all.

Today is Friday, April 19th and one of the Boston Marathon bombers is dead.

1775 - The American Revolution began as fighting broke out at Lexington, MA.

1782 - The Netherlands recognized the new United States.

1861 - The Baltimore riots resulted in four Union soldiers and nine civilians killed.

1861 - U.S. President Lincoln ordered a blockade of Confederate ports.

1892 - The Duryea gasoline buggy was introduced in the U.S. by Charles and Frank Duryea.

1897 - The first annual Boston Marathon was held. It was the first of its type in the U.S.

1943 - The Warsaw Ghetto uprising against **** rule began. The Jews were able to fight off the Germans for 28 days.

1951 - General Douglas MacArthur gave his "Old Soldiers" speech before the U.S. Congress. In the address General MacArthur said that "Old soldiers never die, they just fade away."

1982 - NASA named Sally Ride to be first woman astronaut.

1982 - NASA named Guion S. Bluford Jr. as the first African-American astronaut.

1989 - A gun turret exploded aboard the USS Iowa. 47 sailors were killed.

1993 - The Branch-Davidian’s compound in Waco, TX, burned to the ground. It was the end of a 51-day standoff between the cult and U.S. federal agents. 86 people were killed including 17 children. Nine of the Branch Davidians escaped the fire.

1995 - The Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, OK, was destroyed by a bomb. It was the worst bombing on U.S. territory. 168 people were killed including 19 children, and 500 were injured. Timothy McVeigh was found guilty of the bombing on June 2, 1997.

2000 - The Oklahoma City National Memorial was dedicated on the fifth anniversary of the bombing in Oklahoma that killed 168 people.

2002 - The USS Cole was relaunched. In Yemen, 17 sailors were killed when the ship was attacked by terrorists on October 12, 2000. The attack was blamed on Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network.

Today's thought:
Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

C0ffee & ph00 are ready, willing and able.
Old 04-19-2013, 07:20 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Morning gang,

Site running horribly slow again this morning. Wonderful morning - - more police dead, one of the idiots dead - - what a mess. Interesting to wonder how these people come to our country, get scholarships to attend colleges none of us can afford to attend, what do they learn in these colleges, and then they decide to bomb and kill us. Where are we headed?

Grabbing a ph00 and get out of here. Ya'll have a good day. Pray for our country.

Bob
Old 04-19-2013, 07:53 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Howdy ya'll. Nice weather today. Full recovery mission on the way for our small community right up the road. J.P. said that of the victims found so far......he knew them all personally.

Glad to hear that one of the idiots in Boston is dead......hopefully the other isn't far behind. Grabbing some coffee and out the door to mow the grass.

Later.

Quick Reply: ***FREE BEER & TOILET PAPER BREAKROOM - 4/14 to 4/20***