Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - 09/16 to 09/22***

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 08:44 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning all.

Originally Posted by madhat
Yo. Had a little action here a couple of days ago. I'm ok, got to grt in the middle of some of it.

See you guys. Later.
Mad, so good to hear.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings. Took my wife to the hospital. i got hm very late from work...will rest til i get the call to go get her. got the house set up with her favorite comfort items and a few movies on stand by if she's up to it. Light frost last night, hit 32 exactly. High of 67 today. Very high winds and near 75 tomorrow. Enjoy the day folks.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:55 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Greetings. Took my wife to the hospital. i got hm very late from work...will rest til i get the call to go get her. got the house set up with her favorite comfort items and a few movies on stand by if she's up to it. Light frost last night, hit 32 exactly. High of 67 today. Very high winds and near 75 tomorrow. Enjoy the day folks.
Scotty, hope everything turns out well....here's to your wife's speedy recovery
Old 09-17-2012, 03:19 PM
REALLY old dog

Mark (Madhat)

WHERE YOU ARE AT LOOKS TO BE A PRETTY TOUGH PLACE TO LIVE !
Helmand Province !
TO ANYONE THAT ISN`T FIMULAR WITH WHERE MARK IS DO YOUR SELF A FAVOUR & GOOGLE (CAMP LEATHERNECK ) THERE IS VIDEO OF THE BASE & SOME OF THE MISSION !

MARK THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE & KEEP YOUR HEAD DOWN & SHOOT STRAIGHT !
? - MARK HOW LONG IS YOUR DEPLOYMENT ?

i SUPPOSE YOUR CREW WILL BE BUSY REPAIRING THE 6 HARRIER JETS THEY DAMAGED !

ONE OF THE REAL BAD THINGS I NOTICED WAS THE CAMP IS AN ALCOHOL FREE ZONE !

SAY HELLO TO HARRY (YOU MAY BE DINING WITH ROYALTY)

TAKE CARE
CLAUDE
Old 09-17-2012, 03:42 PM

Who'da thunk that the one feller (Chaikwa) who wants me to make the morning coffee more than 1 time a month has yet to even chime in today!!!! May it be dearly noted that I have put the "juice" on 3MORNINGS IN A ROW NOW!!!!!

I understand I have a completely screwed up work schedule so I guess I should forgive my abruptness towards others for not showing up to the breakroom today. The coffee is now crap....the biscuits hard as a brick...and the gravy......umm...well, I still don't know what was in that mess.

Time to start getting ready for dinner......Shorts.....whatcha cooking tonight? Tallguy.....I know you have another dinner planned.....whatcha got?
Old 09-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Mark, glad you stopped in. I wonder how you are doing, often.

My wife is home, doing good. I am the doctor, nurse, maid and chef, so I better go now.

Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by jhenson

Time to start getting ready for dinner......Shorts.....whatcha cooking tonight?

Got a piece of "country style rib" (piece of rib bone and a hunk of meat on one end) sitting in the rub right now. I think I'm going to sear then oven cook it (wanted to grill but I just washed my hair this morning -firewood smoke ). Side of steamed rice ought to hit the spot and I'll quick sautee some green squash in olive oil and salt & pepper.

That should work
Old 09-17-2012, 07:06 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

My wife is home, doing good. I am the doctor, nurse, maid and chef, so I better go now.
Glad to hear she is home.

Originally Posted by Shorts
I'm going to sear then oven cook it
I keep forgetting how big a difference the final product is by searing it before it goes in the oven.

Power was flickering so much last night I finally threw the main breaker and went to bed. Beutiful out today but more high winds tomorrow. Hope Cougar didnt blow away.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sitting here in scenic, (NOT!), Batavia NY after a relatively uneventful 9 hour drive. Will hopefully finish the trip tomorrow in a torrential rain & wind storm. Maybe this time the wipers won't fall off! Last year at this time I replaced the upper radiator hose... which is now seeping at each little groove where the inner spring winds thru the hose. You'd think for $70 it would last longer than a year!

Scotty, glad your wife is home. Try not to make her worse with your nursing! You aren't wearing that nurses outfit of yours, are you?

Any volunteers to make coffee in the morning?
Old 09-17-2012, 10:17 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Scotty - glad to hear DW is doing fine. She must be a tough Sask girl.

jhensen - Shorts has me beat tonight. Monday to Thursday aren't our best food nights. I am up for work shortly after 4:30am and get home just before 6pm. My DW splits her days between the gardens, running a home based accounting business and cooking for our niece who has celiac disease. Some weekdays we have amazing food and some nights (like tonight) it is leftovers. Our worst effort ever was popcorn and red wine. I was NOT at my best the next day after that.....

If I could only access this site well from my Blackberry, I would periodically open the breakroom and put coffee on while I am on the train in the morning. That is usually about 5:55am MT.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:29 AM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Will hopefully finish the trip tomorrow in a torrential rain & wind storm.
And you will be disapointed if its not? Dang, some of your trips I envy, some I dont. Be safe.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
and cooking for our niece who has celiac disease.
My Sister has that. It is a real pain (in an ok way) to try and cook for her. Didnt realize how many things have gluten in them.
In addition to the other normal symptems she will get really bad migraines.
Makes you get creative.
Old 09-18-2012, 07:13 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Greetings. Took my wife to the hospital. i got hm very late from work...will rest til i get the call to go get her. got the house set up with her favorite comfort items and a few movies on stand by if she's up to it.
Hey, good news that she is home. NOw to settle back in. I know you will take good care of her.

Originally Posted by madhat
Yo. Had a little action here a couple of days ago. I'm ok, got to grt in the middle of some of it. See you guys. Later.
UUUHHH, a LITTLE action. Not from the pics we are seeing - - more like a lot of action. Stay safe man and come home. Those crazee people can't get along with each other much less having us there. Been doing it for thousands of years - - we are not going to change them.

Put some coffee on, ph00, hot water for Claude (who finally came out of the closet I see) and left cimmmammmumm buns on counter - - come and get it.
Way too busy - - better go get on it.

Bob
Old 09-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Nurse outfit is on...no question its required for this mission. LOL Megs is doing awesome. All is well on the home front.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:26 AM

Morning.

Scotty, that's great news. She's probably in a rush to get better if you're going to wear the nurses outfit Sorry man, had to.

Tallguy, Faith Hill is totally hot. Hitting Nashville for a CMA event is on my to-do list. Can't wait for the vacation to do that. Yall have fun
Old 09-18-2012, 09:09 AM

Wow, was I ever late getting up this morning. Glad Bobby got the coffee going....sure is good!! After reading about Scotty's nurse outfit I got to thinking.......uhhh, yeah, I'll just let that go.....

Glad to hear she's doing better. Chaikwa, hope you weather the storm and yes, for the price of some of the parts we have to pay for these days, they should last much longer than they do!!

Morning folks.....beautiful day today. Gonna go mow the yard, clean up a bit around the house and then it's off to school....I'm now the nerd of the classes I'm in......funny how when you pay for tuition out of pocket you tend to make it a point to do good on your grades.

I'm also the "old guy" at school too. It sure is a lot easier to make good grades because of the "with age comes wisdom" theory. Wish I'd have paid more attention in school when I got my first college degree and I might not have to pay back so many student loans.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - 09/16 to 09/22***