Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM - 09/16 to 09/22***

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
***BREAKROOM - 09/16 to 09/22***

Coffee is transferred.

Ph00 is drippin'.

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 16th:

1620 - The Mayflower departed from Plymouth, England. The ship arrived at Provincetown, MA, on November 21st and then at Plymouth, MA, on December 26th. There were 102 passengers onboard.

1630 - The village of Shawmut changed its name to Boston.

1782 - The Great Seal of the United States was impressed on document to negotiate a prisoner of war agreement with the British. It was the first official use of the impression.

1893 - The "Cherokee Strip" in Oklahoma was swarmed by hundreds of thousands of settlers.

1908 - General Motors was founded by William Crapo "Billy" Durant. The company was formed by merging the Buick and Olds car companies.

1940 - U.S. President Roosevelt signed into law the Selective Training and Service Act, which set up the first peacetime military draft in U.S. history.

1974 - U.S. President Ford announced a conditional amnesty program for draft-evaders and deserters during the Vietnam War.

1987 - The Montreal Protocol was signed by 24 countries in an effort to save the Earth's ozone layer by reducing emissions of harmful chemicals by the year 2000.

1990 - An eight-minute videotape of an address by U.S. President George H.W. Bush was shown on Iraqi television. The message warned that action of Saddam Hussein could plunge them into a war "against the world."

1994 - Exxon Corporation was ordered by federal jury to pay $5 billion in punitive damages to the people harmed by the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill.

1994 - Two astronauts from the space shuttle Discovery went on the first untethered spacewalk in 10 years.

1998 - Universal paid $9 million for the rights to the Dr. Seuss classics "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and "Oh, the Places You'll Go."

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much.

Might not be able to post history for a couple days. We leave first thing tomorrow morning for our annual New England fire safety tour, so I'll be on the road the next couple of days.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Morning all, another busy day ahead. Fields need spraying and it is time to start prepping the barn for winter. Where the heck did I put that fuel conditioner? Each year about this time I say I have too many gas powered yard tools.....
Old 09-16-2012, 11:07 AM

Received 414 Likes on 316 Posts
Mornin. Watching the weather. So far it's been an ere quite. Lots of rain, just not the wind they were predicting. The lights have been flickering a bit, but staying on.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:24 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Yo. Had a little action here a couple of days ago. I'm ok, got to grt in the middle of some of it.

See you guys. Later.
Old 09-16-2012, 02:27 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Glad you are OK Mark....give em hell for us Gunny!
Old 09-16-2012, 04:52 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
See you guys. Later.
Dang it...keep your head down and like Lary said--give em hell. Still need you to show me how to install that Raptor next time we are in AZ.

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Then again, good beef, seasoned well and grilled properly is good food.
Mmmm,, I miss the days of my Grandfather getting a calf every year. Us kids always named them but 12 months later we always called them dinner.

Originally Posted by cougar
Lots of rain, just not the wind they were predicting.
Lots of rain is an understatement. I have a river in my yard and I live on a big hill.

Slow around here.
Thinking safe thoughts for our guys and gals and those who are stuck at home (ya you Shorts).
~
Old 09-16-2012, 05:02 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
Lots of rain is an understatement. I have a river in my yard and I live on a big hill.
Well of COURSE you have a river. You live on a hill. If you lived where it's flat, you'd have a lake!
Old 09-16-2012, 05:26 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Greetings. Fall is here. Frost warning tonight. Leaves are leaving. Geese are leaving but I'm still here! looking forward to my Georgia trip. Gotta firm up a date. Enjoy the week. Father in law is holding steady. Wife has her procedure tomorrow...send her some Strength please. Phoo was not abnormal so I allturd it.
Old 09-16-2012, 05:39 PM

Scotty - frost coming here too. Sending good thoughts to your wife.

Shorts - what is supper tonight? We are having ginger beef and a stir-fry of veggies from the garden. I am in charge of the beef and DW is in charge of veggies.

I did not get all of my planned jobs done today. I eventually called it quits. I seem to have the Midas touch today. Everything I touched broke or went wrong. The final straw was when I nelt (that might be spelled wrong) on a really sharp stone in the yard and it drew blood on my kneecap, through my Carharts. I said a couple of bad words, put the weed whacker away and came in the house.
Old 09-16-2012, 07:07 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

LoL! Few days ago the big whacker was running fine so I decided to cut down some big stuff.
I put the metal blade on it and left the guard off (a no-no but it works better). Dang thing never would start again.
I hope it heals itself over the winter.

Scotty--fingers crossed for you guys.

Originally Posted by chaikwa
Well of COURSE you have a river. You live on a hill. If you lived where it's flat, you'd have a lake!
I...uh...er........ya know, that sort of makes sense.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:14 PM

Bark - I had to use the steel blade today to get through wild rose bushes. I left the guard on but I really regretted it. It was a total pain in the rear end and didn't work as well. Then again, given how my day went, it was prolly a good idea. I still have all of my fingers and toes.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:56 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Shorts - what is supper tonight? We are having ginger beef and a stir-fry of veggies from the garden. I am in charge of the beef and DW is in charge of veggies.

Tonight I did an impromptu chicken spaghetti alfredo. Came out ok. One of those live to fight another day dishes

I love stirfry
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by madhat
See you guys. Later.
Better... Keep in mind that "DUCK" doesnt always mean its hunting season...
Originally Posted by chaikwa
AH.. Our maid is always the master of the obvious
Originally Posted by Scotty
Father in law is holding steady. Wife has her procedure tomorrow...send her some Strength please. .
Consider it sent
Old 09-17-2012, 04:16 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Coffee's on. Biscuits are warm.....the gravy for them looks yum but I ain't real sure if the black specks are coarse ground pepper or Shrew droppings. Somebody's gotta be the guniea pig this morning.....we need to draw straws.

Rise and Shine folks.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 AM
"How in the heck do I change the phrase in between my user name and avatar?"

Mad....glad to hear you're doing ok over in the dunes!!!! Get back home safe and soon!!

Still have a handful of those straws....where is everyone?

Helloooooo!

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM - 09/16 to 09/22***