Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM 08/26 to 09/01***

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2012, 01:32 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
Did Bark die last night?
Nope. Dispite occasionally looking like I was dead I was actually sleeping.

Im thinking about heading to Michigan. That guy who won the $337-million Powerball jackpot sounds like he could use a friend.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:50 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
Im thinking about heading to Michigan. That guy who won the $337-million Powerball jackpot sounds like he could use a friend.
He prob'ly could, but why are YOU coming?

Evening all youins.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:07 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Hey! I can be a very good, kind, considerate, thoughtful and sincere friend when there is something in it for me.

Raining here. Few more weeks and I get to go South for awhile. It will probably start raining there too.

Hope everybody is doing ok. With only a couple more weeks of summer left Its been pretty quite around here.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:16 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Evening all, I had a great day off today to start the long weekend. Tomorrow is all about yummy food. I put dry rub on 8lbs of brisket, it is marinating overnight. Tomorrow it is about 8 hrs of smoker time. If you want Texas style smoked brisket and BBQ sauce, dinner will be served about 6 pm Mountain time - smoked brisket, coleslaw and corn on the cob the cob, fresh from the garden. As always, the beef is from the local 4H club. It grew up in the field 50ft north of my BBQ.

I guess I should put the new transmission in the lawn tractor too. It has been up on jack stands for 6 weeks. Good thing we have a second mower, or I would be looking to borrow Cincy's sheep to keep the lawn trimmed.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Bark
With only a couple more weeks of summer left Its been pretty quite around here.
I didn't realize summer had STARTED up there yet. How long's it last? A week? 2?
Old 08-31-2012, 09:25 PM

I didn't realize summer had STARTED up there yet. How long's it last? A week? 2?
From what I have heard about AK, summer was last Wednesday.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
From what I have heard about AK, summer was last Wednesday.
I didn't realize exactly where you were in Canada. My business partner just spent 5 days in Calgary. Look pretty close on the map.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 PM

- smoked brisket, coleslaw and corn on the cob
Mmmmmm... Wish I was driving down right now.
We discussed propane, charcoal and elect but I forget. What kind of smoker are you using?

Yeah, it was pretty short this year.
Soldotna had frost on peoples car windows a few mornings ago.

Look pretty close on the map.
When we were leaving CA last year driving up some people we barely know had heard that we were going to be driving through Anchorage.
They asked us if we would mind dropping some stuff off to their son who lives in Fairbanks because we would be driving by it.
Fairbanks is 360 miles from Anchorage (and thats on a good day).
Old 08-31-2012, 11:14 PM

I didn't realize exactly where you were in Canada. My business partner just spent 5 days in Calgary. Look pretty close on the map.
I work in downtown Calgary. I have a 1 hr commute, 30 mins on our version of a subway to the south end of the city and then 30 mins driving east, outside of the city. To be honest, there hasn't been much of anything to Dalemead in 40 years. Even locals don't know where I live. I just tell locals I live 30 miles SE of the city.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:17 PM

Hey!!!! Our last posts were at the exact same time.
According to an obscure DTR bylaw, you have to express ship that brisket to me since my post shows up first.
Sorry but I don't make up the rules, I just follow them.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:31 PM
REALLY old dog

Bark,
Speaking of that - I`m still awaiting that 30# box of ak. crab legs that you owe me for the same reason !
Claude
Old 09-01-2012, 12:38 AM

Dang...I hate it when that happens. I mean uh... Didnt you get that?? I mailed it a long time ago.
Glad to hear from you Claude.
I still havent bought a radio yet. I dragged my heals on a local one and missed out on it.
Maybe this winter.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:22 AM
Administrator

I work in downtown Calgary. I have a 1 hr commute, 30 mins on our version of a subway to the south end of the city and then 30 mins driving east, outside of the city. To be honest, there hasn't been much of anything to Dalemead in 40 years. Even locals don't know where I live. I just tell locals I live 30 miles SE of the city.
They took him over to Branff on Friday. There was still snow on some of the mountains!

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 1st:

1799 - The Bank of Manhattan Company opened in New York City, NY. It was the forerunner of Chase Manhattan.

1807 - Former U.S. Vice President Aaron Burr was found innocent of treason.

1810 - The first plow with interchangeable parts was patented by John J. Wood.

1859 - The Pullman sleeping car was placed into service.

1878 - Emma M. Nutt became the first female telephone operator in the U.S. The company was the Telephone Dispatch Company of Boston.

1884 - The Thomas A. Edison Construction Department and the Edison Company for Isolated Lighting merged.

1887 - Emile Berliner filed for a patent for his invention of the lateral-cut, flat-disk gramophone. It is a device that is better known as a record player. Thomas Edison made the idea work.

1894 - A forest fire in Hinckley, MN, killed more than 400 people.

1897 - The first section of Boston's subway system was opened.

1905 - Saskatchewan and Alberta became the ninth and tenth provinces of Canada.

1939 - World War II began when Germany invaded Poland.

1942 - A federal judge in Sacramento, CA, upheld the wartime detention of Japanese-Americans as well as Japanese nationals.

1945 - The U.S. received official word of Japan's formal surrender that ended World War II. In Japan, it was actually September 2nd.

1979 - The U.S. Pioneer 11 became the first spacecraft to visit Saturn.

1983 - A Soviet jet fighter shot down a Korean Air Lines Boeing 747 when it entered Soviet airspace. 269 people were killed.

1985 - The Titanic was found by Dr. Robert Ballard and Jean Louis Michel in a joint U.S. and French expedition. The wreck site is located 963 miles northeast of New York and 453 miles southeast of the Newfoundland coast.

1998 - Vietnam released 5,000 prisoners, including political dissidents, on National Day.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
"The things about quotes on the internet is that you never can be 100% sure that they are accurate".-Abraham Lincoln

Coffee's ready. Chocolate covered bacon on the counter.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:22 AM

Bark - I have 3 smokers, a smoker box for the BBQ, an electric cold smoker for things like smoked salmon, smoked kielbasa and beef jerky and a propane fired vertical water hot smoker for brisket and other meat that has to be cooked not just preserved. Today I will be using the propane fired smoker. It is going to be very windy here this afternoon so the smoker will be setup in the barn. Hopefully the coyotes don't have a craving for smoke seasoned barn cats.....

Chaikwa - that is a mixture of last year's snow and new snow. The mountains we can see from our kitchen started accumulating new snow about a week and a half ago. We are about a 90 miles from the mountains as the shrew flies.
Old 09-01-2012, 12:40 PM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Morning people, yes we had our day and a half of summer. Now we are back into the monsoon season. The worst part is the fair is going on. Smells like a bunch of wet dogs in Palmer right now.

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM 08/26 to 09/01***