Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Christmas Breakroom 12/21/14 - 12/27/14 ***

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2014, 11:39 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** The Christmas Breakroom 12/21/14 - 12/27/14 ***

Welcome to the Christmas Breakroom all y'all.
We have bacon, eggs, sausage, hashbrowns and fresh fruit for breakfast. We also have coffee, pH00 and chai tea.
Enjoy, play safe and love your families.
Old 12-21-2014, 04:42 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Good morning sniffers. Hey, good looking spread, Sean. Gotta grab some of that fruit and my ph00. .................

Y'all be good. Later.

Bob
Old 12-21-2014, 06:39 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 158 Likes on 122 Posts
Good morning DTR'ers. Sean, nice spread once again. Taking a little bit 'o dis 'n dat plus a big cup of coffee. Hmmmmm, very good.

A new day and a new week has started, so hope that everyone has a fantastic day and week. This is CHRIST-mas week, so remember the reason for the season.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:52 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
What a spread good job. Gona eat and run church this morning.

Latter
Old 12-21-2014, 07:09 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Thanks for breakfast Sean .....going to grab my guitar and my singing voice and head for church.

Y'all have a SAFE week!
Old 12-21-2014, 07:53 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Mornin, everyone. Coffee is freshened up and I added a couple of bacon, smoked provolone, cheddar and oyster omelets to the table

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Christmas!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:31 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Thought that I would share this:

Who says men don't remember!

A couple were Christmas shopping. The shopping center was packed and as the wife walked around she was surprised to discover that her husband was nowhere to be seen.
She was quite upset and as they had a lot to do and she became very worried. She called him on her cell phone and asked him where he was. In a quiet voice he said; "Do you remember the jewelers that we went into about 5 years ago, where you fell in love with that diamond necklace that we could not afford and I told you that I would get it for you one day?"
The wife choked up and started to cry and said; "Yes, I remember that shop".
He replied; "Well, I'm in the pub next door".
Old 12-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks for the great spread folks.
Oyster omelets...hmmm, Is there a recipe?

Peace and Goodwill to olive ewe.

Old 12-21-2014, 09:19 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Scotty
Thanks for the great spread folks.
Oyster omelets...hmmm, Is there a recipe?

Peace and Goodwill to olive ewe.

Yeah... put oysters in an omelet. We steamed them Friday night, local clusters from Beaufort. We paid for a bushel and a half, but I think we got more than two. We ate about a bushel, shucked and cleaned the rest. We're going to make oyster stew tonight
Old 12-21-2014, 09:58 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Yeah... put oysters in an omelet. We steamed them Friday night, local clusters from Beaufort. We paid for a bushel and a half, but I think we got more than two. We ate about a bushel, shucked and cleaned the rest. We're going to make oyster stew tonight
Old 12-21-2014, 10:47 AM

Received 426 Likes on 326 Posts
Brought in some left over decorations from the shop. My how festive. Every crumpled piece of aircraft skin has a happy ending, even the bent propeller.
Nice spread. Brought in some Eskimo ice cream and great grandmas' fruit cake from 1870.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:07 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Cougar, a friend of mine is the operations manager at a small airport west of Calgary. He had to rush away from a party last spring because there was a problem at the airport. It turns out some sort of front prop plane had a hard landing with a prop strike that aborted the landing and took off again. It circled the airport once or twice while emergency crews got ready and then landed without incident. My friend showed me pictures of the prop after all was said and done. All 3 blades were bent at almost a 90 degree angle about halfway down the blades. How that prop ever provided enough force for the plane to take off again and then fly two circuits around the airport is beyond me. I wonder what those prop blades are made of. Wood or carbon fibre would break not bend.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:27 AM

Most prop blades are of aluminum alloy. There are a few of the larger blades that are made from steel.
After flying with a bent prop, it will be almost certain that if it is a piston engine that the engine will be torn down to check for internal damage.
Old 12-21-2014, 11:50 AM

Know the guy who used to run the airport in Grinnel IA. He provided tie-downs but not ropes for the crop dusters. Told the one guy use 2 ropes. Had a wind storm come through and the rope was about vertical when it snapped and the plane rolled over onto the ground on its back. Seems to me the engine was one of the few things they could salvage, though it did require a full rebuild.

Got a piece of exhaust pipe so I could put the muffler on the amigo. Heated it up to put a little bend in it, and it just collapsed in on itself on 3 sides. This is getting old. The brake cables I got aren't right, they have the wrong ends and the one is about 6 inches too short.

who knows, maybe I won the new accord or the 20,000 cash that the flyer from the local honda dealer sent me says I won. Of course not, but it's nice to hope something goes right now and then.
Old 12-21-2014, 05:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Survived another annual get together. 11 extra people decided to spend the night last night. I'm glad I have such a smiling and generous personality!

All quiet now, I'm going to bed. "Night!

Quick Reply: *** The Christmas Breakroom 12/21/14 - 12/27/14 ***