Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Better Late Than Never Breakroom 12-6-15 to 12-12-15

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 05:09 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Hi...

...buy Christmas presents.

Old 12-09-2015, 06:45 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Hi...

...send presents...lots of them...

Old 12-09-2015, 08:11 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Baaaggghhhh(phlegm).......humbug
Old 12-09-2015, 01:49 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Baaaggghhhh(phlegm).......humbug
YUK!!!!!!!!!!!! After all that , not sure I want to make some ph00. Oh well, maybe it will cover up the thought and vision. SOOOOOOOOOOOO, coffee and ph00 a br00in.

Stan, in your spare time, I have some yard work I could stand some help with. Come on down..................

Been tweaking my computer to give to my wife, downloaded Windows 10, installed her programs, transferred my files to my new one, loading the programs and trying to get acquainted with this 10 stuff. Somewhat different. Guess it will all come together. Have hers up and running with my new 25" LED monitor - - she loves it. Did not transfer her files yet as she is the middle of year end on two businesses and our personal stuff, so she is shoving back and forth between her new one and old one. Have my third 28" monitor up and running but have not mastered the configuration yet - - one place that 10 is very different is setting up. Sure love the space - - just started trying to use it about an hour ago - - wow, 5 word docs up, 1 Powerpoint, one excel plus the web. Fun. Computer loves it instead of saying "you gotta be kidding." LOL

OK, pouring my ph00 and gone............................
Old 12-09-2015, 04:19 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
What a day! I feel that I ought to back up to the pay window. I got drafted to babysit a busted gate at work. 8 hours of sitting in my own car listening to the Sat radio. Once and a while checking an ID.

Other side of the story is the bad motor that caused the problem was shipped from FL Sunday night. Shipment missing and truck nowhere to be found. Second motor arrived today but electrician for the company quit. Kinda wanted to pull my hair out. I looked at the schematics and figured out what needed to take place, but since it's a mx contract, no dice. Guess who gets to babysit the gate in the morning?

On the good side, no desk phone, no email, no NCIC, no OPs problems!
Old 12-09-2015, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by sherod

On the good side, no desk phone, no email, no NCIC, no OPs problems!
When I was in the Navy I liked to work up on the mast for those same reasons. If someone had the gall to yell at me from 70 feet down on the signal bridge, I could always accidentally drop a wrench on him.

When I had a house full of kids I pulled the humbug routine every year. They'd about go nuts trying to sell Christmas to me. On Christmas day I'd "repent". Fond memories.

Just got back from taking DW shopping. 1 small co-op, and the scooter at Wallyworld. She did OK and is resting now. I still get to make supper.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:59 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Coffee and Phoo for all of ewe!

Hanyday
Old 12-10-2015, 08:09 AM

Ph00..................................................

Whew -- now I can keep going on my busy day - - - been at it 4.5 hours all ready.

Bob
Old 12-10-2015, 04:30 PM

I had a quiet day planned.....Monitor the gate from yesterdays post, eat a bite, have some more coffee, go fly for an hour or so....good plan. Actual facts are, the gate is broke and so was my tooth from eating the sandwich. $228's lighter, tooth is out, I'm still hungry but can't eat tonight, no flying (see tooth),BLAH! I knew I had knocked it loose several weeks ago but no fuss and no pain led me to believe it would be ok.
Old 12-10-2015, 05:34 PM

Sherod.....Ever get the feeling that if it weren't for bad luck you wouldn't have any luck at all?

Good day today. Rained till about 2. It's getting to be a heckofasloppy December fer sure. At least the fuel is going down slower than usual. Uncovered the firewood on the hill and threw another load on the Dakota and took it to the shed.

Took DW to the GP today. He agreed with us that one of the drugs (the ACE inhibitor) is probably causing her nagging cough and told us to drop it. He actually looked at the info I had on a natural ACE inhibitor (fish peptides) and agreed that it was worth a try if we wanted. Unlike the cardiologist that insisted that to drop a med without her explicit approval would invite the guy with the black hood and the scythe, this doc said that it was prescribed in the hope that it would strengthen the heart a little, and was not really necessary. So try the natural for a bit, and he'd prescribe a different ACE inhibitor if needed a little later. One of the vectors of the side effects is elevated potassium, and the blood test today confirmed that it was sneaking up, and is already in the high normal or low hyper range, depending on who you talk to. If we are right, I expect full nights of sleep instead of several coughing spells, and mid to high normal potassium levels in a few days. We also fully expect a more normal heart rhythm.

Getting there little by little. Thanks for the prayers.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:39 PM

J Martin, glad to hear there is a brighter future. Prayers continued.

I mentioned the bad luck to the Bride. She said, look on the bright side, with a missing tooth I look like a native now!

Just another bump in the road. I've made it this far, might as well see where the rest of the road goes to.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:25 AM

Wow, another week is in the tank. Hope it was a good one for all. Fresh coffee and ph00 are on - - come sit a spell and share.

..............................................YEH

Busy two days - - still trying to get computer areas ship shape and learn all the little tricks of windows 10 and get the third monitor working the way I want. So, I am off and running. Have a gudurn.

Bob
Old 12-11-2015, 06:03 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Cough hork gag.
I have the worst cold I've had in a loooong time and I'm not home.
Going to work my way home with some shorter driving days.

Hanyday
Old 12-11-2015, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Cough hork gag.
I have the worst cold I've had in a loooong time and I'm not home.
Going to work my way home with some shorter driving days.

Hanyday
Sorry to hear that, buddy. Take care of yourself. Not fun at all.
Old 12-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Top's Younger Twin

I need inside wipers.

Quick Reply: *** Better Late Than Never Breakroom 12-6-15 to 12-12-15