Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** Better Late Than Never Breakroom 12-6-15 to 12-12-15

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 10:34 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
*** Better Late Than Never Breakroom 12-6-15 to 12-12-15

Geeze people I haven't been around in a while so I am not sure what is going on, but really? This is a new level of lazy. It is almost noon for those of you back east and no breakrom yet?
Old 12-06-2015, 10:39 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

I wonder if y'all just need some food. It is a little late for breakfast so let's try some lunch. In the pot on the stove we have chicken soup and dumplings, the big bowl has smoked and braised beef short ribs, the mashed taters are from my garden and for those who would rather eat what food eats, I made up a nice big tossed salad.
Ok, time to get up and at 'em people.

Play safe everyone!
Old 12-06-2015, 10:56 AM

Still busy picking corn. 40 hours in the last 3 days. Started at 3 earlier in the week so we could work while the ground was frozen. Supposed to be in the 50s here all week. Dang el nino.
Amigo goes in Thursday for timing belt and valve lash. Has a bad injector but it will have to wait. Amazing how much better it runs with some extra lube added to the gas.
Replaced 4 of 6 shocks on a semi with Gabriel gas slx shocks. Worth the money. It's now one of the better riding freightliners I've ever drove. Was gonna stick regular shocks on the other axle but gonna wait til I find 2 more of the good ones at a good price.
I'd go help finish the bag we were filling last night but I still need to do laundry and sleep more. Been awake only about half the morning for some reason.
Old 12-06-2015, 11:18 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Its the weekend, I sleep in. I'm never late, it's the time difference.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Had Daughter-in-Law and Grand Daughter spend the night. Up late, but up at 0600. Played quiet Grandpa while they slept in. Grand Daughter decided to ride the wheeler for a while and decided to start learning to drive a standard.

Truck hates me right now, but she is doing better. Did you know it's possible to get airborne in an old 89 D350? She thinks a clutch is the demons tool!

Relaxing for a while and talking about how clutches work. I think she'll do better after while.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Afternoon gang. Just got in from church. Had a committee meeting after church so we all went out together and ate, then had meeting. Cloudy here but no rain. Good hearing from you TallGuy.

Just put some ph00 on, then thought I better put the coffee pot on also. So, all is brewing fresh here at 4pm Eastern time.

Old 12-06-2015, 05:20 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Tallguy, I was working when you were yellin'.

Slept in a little Got up and made breakfast for the bride and me. Then found that the T1 telephone circuit was down at the tank place. Been chasing that random intermittent bug for months, so I hopped on it. 5 hours later the telephone techs and I figured we got it whipped. Just got home.

Bride's getting better. She mustered up enough energy to put the groceries away. Lost 'nuther coupla pounds in the last day. Got 9 or 10 hours of good sleep. Going for a checkup tomorrow.

Gotta go cook supper.
Old 12-07-2015, 05:07 AM

"J" - - - sounds like some progress. Our friend has this problem but they have done some amazing things via cath. Go into the heart chamber and "tickle" areas of the heart wall to find the spot that is giving the problem, then cauterize it. Wow, scary, but it has helped her greatly. Living quite a normal life now - - never know it to be with her.

Coffee and ph00 are on - - brought in some pastries left over from the SS class yesterday - - just had one - - good. ...................
Old 12-07-2015, 11:07 AM

Received 415 Likes on 317 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob

Just put some ph00 on, then thought I better put the coffee pot on also. So, all is brewing fresh here at 4pm Eastern time.

That would be high noon for me.
-4° cold and clear. Need to go out and transfer some fuel or I ain't going to work tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:21 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally Posted by FiverBob
"J" - - - sounds like some progress. Our friend has this problem but they have done some amazing things via cath. Go into the heart chamber and "tickle" areas of the heart wall to find the spot that is giving the problem, then cauterize it. Wow, scary, but it has helped her greatly. Living quite a normal life now - - never know it to be with her.
Thanks for the encouragement. They've come a long way with ablation in the last 5 years. It might be an option.

Just got back from the first post hospital checkup. Rate up and down, mostly OK. Irregular heartbeat off and on. Hospital tested EF at 28%. Both atriums enlarged. both ventricals thinned. they took some blood, preached at us for a half hour, gave us a trigger chart, (if this happens, call us, call 911, etc.) Made an appointment for 2 weeks from now and sent us on our way.

Altogether we see a little improvement each day. Hoping for a complete recovery in time.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:22 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Long day of doing background checks. The ANG has finally figured out how to deal with privately owned weapons during commutes to work and back. I always knew if I "really" looked, I'd find dozens. Think that figure needs a another zero or two.

If you are part of the Air Force establishment, read the newest version of AFI 31-101. It opens up a new world of self protection abilities.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:25 AM

Morning all. Late. No java. Washed mama's car, did the interior, washed the truck, trimmed some in the yard, had breakfast, caught up on emails and still no coffee. OK, OK, coffee, ph00 and hot water (perchance Claude wanders in for his tea) is all on and ready. Come get it.

Off to find something else to do. Moving data from old computer to new computer today - - you will know it didn't work if you don't see me tomorrow...........................

Later.
Old 12-08-2015, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Received 171 Likes on 129 Posts
Stan, you out there?

Getting a little worried bud...........
Old 12-08-2015, 05:52 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Day fellow DTRotarions

Hmm tea yea ill have one (thanks Bob)
Old 12-08-2015, 06:10 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Hiya. Just turned on the computer a few minutes ago and seen that someone is yelling for me. Maybe the yelling is what woke me up. Pat, thanks for the concern. I am here and OK, but this week have just been too busy to check in. Had an early family Christmas for all weekend and now this week so far have spent almost all day at the orphanage. Been there from about 07:30 each morning. There is a 9 person work team from Canada there this week and I am helping them with stuff, plus doing a half zillion things there myself. My todo list there keeps growing and no matter how fast I run, just cannot seem to whittle it down. I am pooped and that does not happen very often with me.

Tomorrow will be heading out not quite so early as the the last couple of days, but will still be doing lots of other stuff for the orphanage. Will start by going to the boys halfway house with a friend who also does a lot of work at the orphanage and we are supposed to be measuring rooms for floor tiles and installation of new curtains. Then on to other stuff.

Spent a fair amount of time today working on an old Ford Topaz. Not a Mercury Topaz or a Ford Tempo. This is the Mexican version so appears to combine the two, hence a Ford Topaz. The fuel gauge does not work and when I pulled the instrument panel out, discovered that the fuel gauge circuitry was fried so badly that it cooked a hole right through the board and scorched the board below it. It must have made an awful stink when it happened. Went to Ford to try to buy a new board, but this car is so old that it no longer appears in their system. No problem I thought, will just install an external fuel level gauge. Got the gauge (0-300 ohms), found all the correct wires, fired it up, but the gauge does not even twitch. Did more checking and it appears that the sender in the tank is not working. Hate to now have to pull the tank to get to the sender. Before I do that will build a rough test device with the correct resistance for around a half tank of fuel, connect that to the gauge and see what happens. More work for me!!!!!! Sigh!!!

One new project that has been dropped into my lap is to install a gate opener on a large double swing gate. The kit arrived on Monday, so have been guiding one of the work team in digging ditches, punching holes through a couple of cement walls and in general, getting ready to install this. There are over twenty wires that need to be connected to get this thing to work. Will also be installing a solar panel on the roof to keep the batteries charged.

There is much more other stuff on the go, but this should give you and idea why I do not have much time lately. Almost forgot, Thursday a friend is bringing her car to my house so that I can install a backup camera and sensors. That will keep me out of mischief for a few hours.

j_m, nice to hear that your better half is getting half better. Keep us posted with better news.

I quit for the day! Going to go and make a nice cup of coffee and partake of the rest of the home made guacamole from the Christmas party.

Quick Reply: *** Better Late Than Never Breakroom 12-6-15 to 12-12-15