Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:49 PM
DTR question asker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shovelhead
Added the ****'s per several requests.
Hey there I thought ******'s were against the rules. Bad bad bad, you are supposed to be setting a good example for us.

Think about all the words that might come into peoples thoughts when they see this thread:

Like, ***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****, or ***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****, or EVEN ***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****.

Sheesh.

DFO

:P :P :P
Old 07-16-2007, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dssimecek
Mornin' all,
No haven't heard the "Joel don't make the coffee story." So DD4x4 it is up for the retelling, always like a good story.
This has to do with a guy that use to work with me here at the plant who unfortunately is no longer with us. He lost his battle with cancer at a young age but will never be forgotten.

Anyway, he use to relieve me on shift at 06:00 in the morning and would complain about me not making coffee. I said I didn't drink it so I didn't know how to make it. Well, after about four weeks of hearing him complain about no coffee being ready, I decided to help the poor guy out one night. I emptied the coffee maker filter, put in a new filter, and crammed the whole thing slam full of new coffee grounds, compacted it a little, and filled it again.
Well, he said he knew I made coffee this morning cause I could smell it when he turned on to Rt 650, (which is about 5 miles down the road). He picked up the pot, left some coffee ooze out of the pot into the cup and put the pot back. He said well, I won't need but one cup of that stuff today and drank it all. He kindly asked me not to make any more coffee.

RIP Steve, I know the angels are with you.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:44 PM
DTR's Cow Boss

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well back from the dmv with a wonderful new prison photo on the drivers license and now my truck is registered for farm plates under three crosses ranch for 25000lbs with cheaper registration and i will be legal shall i ever get stopped while hauling our cattle and hay and my horses no more illegal runs for me.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:44 PM
Chapter President

What, have you been doing some smuggling?
Off of work waiting on a phone call to go haul a tractor, I think I've decided to not rope tonight, but to go to bed ASAP and get an early start at work, rope tomorrow night and come into work late Wed morning. Should probably let the boss know about this first though.
Old 07-16-2007, 04:55 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
' Afternoon guys....
Got called into work, the second shift supervisor has called in sick again...she has actually missed 9 months of work in the lsat 11 months....amazed she still has the job
So.. i am looking at pulling a double and beig here till 0600 tomorrow
I got two horse at the house that are supposed to be getting ridden, the tractor in two big pieces filling up the garage, and a pretty lady who is gonna be eating dinenr alone... On top of which I didnt get to bed till around 10am this morning..and they called me at 1400....I am not a happy camper!!!
Scott.. better keep the pot filled, and make it STRONG.. not the weak llittle girly stuff you normally make ...

Davey, a Bosun's pipe is flat in the first place, so no danger there.....

Heidi, got some home-made horseradish sauce that'll burn the little hairs out of yer nose, but it is sooooo goood on roast beef...

well, better get moving and act like am doing something since the brass is all still here......
later .............CD
Old 07-16-2007, 05:42 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by madhat
Afternoon, all. Drive by from Fl, 5B's stomping ground... Having a nive time so far, all is well. Actually slept in till 0700 this morning.
Hope everyone is well. Coffee needs some attention, tho...
Hey BigBoy - - keep your eye on them thar gators when you go swimming with them. They love fresh meat. Hope you enjoy yourself and maybe catch some nice bass on that little lake over there.

FloridaBob
Old 07-16-2007, 10:41 PM

Madhat, you don't worry about the coffee. The old, retired troops are filling in for you. You take care on a much deserved leave. Keep the faith. We have. One thing I learned in my 20 years of service, the wife and kids got short changed. Don't make my mistake on that. Catch up is not fun. We survived but........

~Dave
Old 07-16-2007, 11:12 PM
DTR Mom

Wink Live a hard LIFE! it only hurts the next morning but you have a big smile!

bear is kinda innocent but fun to watch; if the meat tasted better, he'd be in the freezer... Don, had smoked chinook too! 75 year old guy that I'd follow anywhere. He didn't look a day over 50 and has fished Michigan's streams for 35 years. great guy to just listen too! I did get my walleye recipe that i wanted, have to try it first then give it to you for the german in us.

Drove two hours to a shop that was closed. not happy. ate in a small stone toll house to get happy. roast beef sandwich with fresh tomaters, home made chips and pickle, fresh green onion soup, and homemade chocolate shake - three dollars and 49 cents. very happy! wish they sold diesel!!
watching the state troops pull over an idiot teen doing 90? priceless!

So great to hear from ye Ijobb and all Northern brothers!
here's some of the weekend's pics:
Old 07-17-2007, 04:46 AM
Chapter President

Coffee pot is on, the foo foo pot is making some weird noises though, I wonder if it's been sabotaged. I guarantee a long day today, going in to work a little early staying 12 hours then coming home to load up at least my horse and going to a roping that will start at 8 tonight. (I'm telling my boss I'll be in a little late tomorrow).
Duallyofftoworkdogout
Old 07-17-2007, 06:27 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

When did you pick up the ninja judge? Looks like my old zx9, cept mine was a98. Yeah, by the time I get a minute to fish, the salmon will probably already be back in the rivers. Got feedback on the welder purchase already, should be here in a couple days. Better finish the coffee before it walks away....
Old 07-17-2007, 07:14 AM

Empty coffee pot..... If a certain marine finds out, he won't let anyone cover homeplate. Let's see, 12 cups of water = 3 cups of grounds + 3 egg shells + a big dash of salt. Boil hard for 3 hours....

Think I'll have some orange juice.... See Ya.....Back in 14 hours or so.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM

Morning everyone.

When you finally get a hold of that welder your going to have to chain it down to something BIG, or it might grow legs and walk off by the sounds of it.

That doesn't sound like Chaikwa's recipe for the coffee. The boil hard for three hours is right though.

Heidi good pics. I take it the Harley is in tip top shape now. looks good. Notice anyone slowing down when they see there's a black and white beside them? Is that the new boat?

ChrisR Have to pull the plug on the phone when you want to sleep. That way they can't get in touch with you either. It just keeps falling out of the wall, I don't know how it does that.

Everybody's picture on their license seems like they should have numbers under them. Personally I think if they used a better camera they would turn out a lot nicer.

Have fun and drive safe.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:06 AM
DTR Mom

Talking WHAT? we aren't supposed to have numbers under our pictures?

REDLEG-Have more fun with the welder, just stay away from CHAIKWA's cooking theory of pizza at 700 degrees will cook faster. The ninja is my cousin's who also skydives if she gets a new 'outfit', go figure 24 years and still not grown up. The blonde everyone knows, heheh
family reunion- big guy is my cousin who 40 years ago, strapped a pot on my head and took me for my first Harley ride. yep, we reversed roles that day. He used to play for the Chicago bears and is a union welder fabricator (nuclear plants and such). gentle giant. yeah- just for 04CTD I cleaned up the bike. glad I took all the police stuff off, sunlight made a LOT of cars pull over.....

IJobb- boat is the floating apartment, decided to keep this one , slow the pace down a bit. don't like the new ones and this one is paid for! (phew!)
going up North this Friday, had to fix a few things. got to clean it now- where is FIVERBOB? heheheheheh

grabbed an instant breakfast and trudging to do work now Heidi
Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
IJobb- boat is the floating apartment, decided to keep this one , slow the pace down a bit. don't like the new ones and this one is paid for! (phew!)
going up North this Friday, had to fix a few things. got to clean it now- where is FIVERBOB?
OK, what did I do now? Oh, you want to hook me into cleaning up your floating apartment. Got my own to clean, plus the one on wheels - - too many toys and no time to enjoy them all. Just the time you get one all fixed up, you concentrate on another one, then the first one goes to pot. Not fair. It is time to consolidate and enjoy life.

Just came if from pool - - sure nice out there. Now, where is the foo foo? Had some foo foo at the country club for lunch - - ummmm good.

Where is Hat? Gator got him????

Bob
Old 07-17-2007, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Been a busy few days with a few more to follow. Jus' checkin' on the status of the evenin' coffee an' makin' sure you're all set.

Oh BTW, JWBM made that purty 'little' boat trailer herself, so I ain't the only one that likes to build heavy!

chaikwa.

Quick Reply: ***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****