Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 06:33 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ED, good job by the way getting the thread back to a name I can recognize. No flying lizards, stale coffee, and all that garbage.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Redleg
Had to fork out a little extra to set it up for flux-core, per recommendation by the janitor.
Wow, someone actually listened to me... too bad I was jus' kiddin' when I said that!

No, I'm jus' kiddin' about jus' kiddin'. NOW, I mean. Not then. I wasn't kiddin' then. Well, I was kiddin' about the kiddin', but not the other. Got it?

Chris, I'm gonna take that whistle an' shove it in the f00-f00 juice so it'll taste nasty, then you won't wanna put it in your mouth again! That oughta keep things quiet in here.

Restrooms are clean, the coffee pot's next!

chaikwa.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dieseldude4x4
ED, good job by the way getting the thread back to a name I can recognize. No flying lizards, stale coffee, and all that garbage.
Oh yeah, stellar job. That's why we have a whopping 18 posts, (including this one), after a whole day.

Might help to have a few *too!

chaikwa.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Monday already ?? Hmm .... doesn't feel like it yet, must be something going on that I don't know about yet .

Made a rapid trip to Va. Beach to drop the family off at some friends for the week and then back to N.C. for work this morning .... only to find out that our parts aren't in yet. Get to hang out until the FEDEX van rolls up .

Coffee is pretty good this morning ... someone forgot to unplug the pot on Friday didn't they ?? Just the right consistancy now !!

Have a good un and put in a good word to the Man upstairs for our troops in harms way.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 07-16-2007, 07:21 AM

The coffee is right because a certain someone is tdy to chadland.

Too dang much cheerfulness around here. Better get to it, or I'll be the object of derisive remarks....... Catch you on the flip side.

Be safe.

~UpperLeftCoast Dave
Old 07-16-2007, 08:36 AM
DTR Mom

Talking Right Coast is Present and accounted for SIR!

oh man! Duallydog, I hear ya on the draggin' differentials!

I actually considered the ASPHALT SPECIAL BLEND for a moment, but my insurance rejected hospital coverage.

On to swisse mocha and sitting on the porch at 6AM, watching a small black bear (150 pounds or so) swipe Koi outta my Japanese garden pond......
He is not attacking me so i can't shoot him, but I WANT TO!!

I am tired but responsibility rears its ugly head....good to see the normalcy here!! Thanks shovel, NCDave, Davey two eyes Shortround, Pistolwhipt- and the beloved jan i tor who thinks he gets paid by the gripe.

Clean up in aisle five BTW, something about crushed sprinkles and dumpster grease...

REDLEG! had some great walleye and German food this Sunday!! brings back memories! good fun to you on your monster build! They opened up a Northern tool store about 70 miles North of me- course I had to check it out!! great prices on tools i don't need best Homer Simpson voice 'ahhhhh Toooools!

Monday lunch is on me- antacids and cold roast beef sandwhiches Buffalo style- piled high, with au jus, weck roll , pickle and horseradish. stiff brewed root beer, ice cold.
Heidi in NY
I got confused with the fire union guys, thinking it was a breakroom.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you guys ever heard my "Joel please don't make coffee any more" story?
Old 07-16-2007, 09:16 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
On to swisse mocha and sitting on the porch at 6AM, watching a small black bear (150 pounds or so) swipe Koi outta my Japanese garden pond......
He is not attacking me so i can't shoot him, but I WANT TO!!
I thought you knew the law.... all you have to do is yell "COMEING RIGHT FOR US!!" right before you shoot the bear.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:35 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
A fine good mornin, gang. Looks like someone really cleaned this place up - - even the coffee is fresh. I tried the regular since "SOMEONE" emptied the foo foo and didn't replenish - - not bad considering the slight taste of diesel.

Hey Don - - thought of you this weekend - - having a wonderful baked cod dinner with friends and thought Don would go wild over this one - - extremely well prepared. About time to fire up them jigs and start bringing in the salmon, isn't it? Wish I could be back up in Alaska right about now.

Gotta go - - I hear the pool calling. See ya,

Bob
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
DTR's Cow Boss

AH Monday what does Monday entail for me ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhya i get to sit in the dmv because my drivers license and then my tags expired on the same day how lucky is that! So I am out the door so I can get home early to possibly go up too the mountains to a trail head and put some miles on a horse.

cowboyatthedmvdooroutthedoor
Old 07-16-2007, 10:42 AM
REALLY old dog

Morning everyone!
Well this weekend family all went to Travers bay for last day of Cherry Fest,Kids drove their own cars so there was 4 car loads of us,on west Grand Travers Bay beach, (one of our friends met us there also, ) had a nice shore lumch Beef Brots ,sourkraut , on steak buns ! Had lots of home brew to drink (Iced tea of corse , some made with my sock and some with lemmon and sugar added ) wish i knew how to post picts here , got some great picts of Buffalo ,(hole herd in a field 100 or more) an AMPHA CAR CROSSING GRAND TRAVERS BAY ,(GLAD THERE WERN`T MANY WAVES BECAUSE HE DIDNT HAVE MUCH FREBOARD) AND THERE IS A 80 OR 100 ft. SAILING SHIP UP THERE . Pretty neat to watch , and of corse the day ends with fireworks <(good show)
We`ll Ive got a jug brewing some home brew out in the sun and its time i get buisy and pull some of those pesky weeds out of the garden.
Its quite a trick to get my sock filled with tea in a Jug!
see ya!
Claude
Old 07-16-2007, 11:55 AM

Mornin' all,
Houston:Mostly Cloudy 85°F (29°C)

ChrisR, what you got home from work and figgered eveyone should be up in the morning early?. Guard that whistle, someone is going to try to hide it, or run over it.

Shovelhead, enjoy the motivational posters you hang up in the breakroom by the water cooler. Do need the **** donut sprinkles marking the way, so some people can find the breakroom. Kinda like lead in lights at some airports.

No haven't heard the "Joel don't make the coffee story." So DD4x4 it is up for the retelling, always like a good story.

Wannabe, when is bear stew on the menu? Only fair, bear eats your fish, you eat bear. Balance of nature and all.

Eyeball is doing fine, taking the tetracylene, eye drops, and hot compresses like the doctor ordered. Get checked on Wed the 18, and if all is well have the cateract surgury on Tues the 24. It will be my right eye. Left eye had retinal bleeding a few years ago, and just have a little periferial vision.

Waiting for an eletrician to show up and rewire a bathroom light, that the wires corroded and separated. Landloard don't want us to do any wiring.

Hummmm, sun shining, but I hear thunder from the loud cloud somewhere.

Compuer still having problems. I have't been able to fix it.

Momma spider is doing good, eats about 4 flys a day. Haven't seen her younguns.

Shirley just popped in to pick up her cell phone, so we had lunchn munchn time. Nothing exotic, she, tunna fish salad sammich, me, nuked a left over ratburger from yesterday, chips, and watermellon.

have a good un and be safe out there.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM
Administrator / Scooter Bum

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts
Added the ****'s per several requests.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM

Thanks, nice job with the **** now I can find my way in. time
Nice pix of the GG old blue.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Afternoon, all. Drive by from Fl, 5B's stomping ground... Having a nive time so far, all is well. Actually slept in till 0700 this morning.
Hope everyone is well. Coffee needs some attention, tho...

Quick Reply: ***** Water Cooler 15 July - 21 July *****