Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

giant tires

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
giant tires

found a pic of some giant tires from interco

from left to right, 44" bogger, 47" ltb, 49" irok, 54" bogger
Old 09-26-2006, 06:09 AM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
OMG?!?! A 54" Bogger?!?! WAAAAY TOO COOL!!! Are these 54's going to be sold to the public or are they just prototypes?
Old 09-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Banned

54" BOGGER.........when the heck did they start making em' that big???? Holy crap that is HUGE!! Very cooooooooool

~Nick
Old 09-26-2006, 09:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Gotlift01
54" BOGGER.........when the heck did they start making em' that big???? Holy crap that is HUGE!! Very cooooooooool

~Nick
I'm surprised you don't have a set yet!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by CTD NUT
OMG?!?! A 54" Bogger?!?! WAAAAY TOO COOL!!! Are these 54's going to be sold to the public or are they just prototypes?
Originally Posted by Gotlift01

~Nick
http://www.ntwonline.com/template.cfm?ID=95
Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 AM
Chapter President

Good info....

Here are some specs and delivery dates...

54” BOGGER FACTS VS FICTION

We’ve been reading a lot of crazy and inaccurate stuff on some of the forums and just want to get you some accurate information. We are closely involved with both Interco Tire and the head engineer at the plant, so these facts are right from the horse’s mouth.

First of all, it is a Bogger. It will be available in a 20” size first and a 17” size next. Other wheel sizes have not been determined yet. The tire that was at the show was a 20” tire, HOWEVER, the 20” plate was not ready yet, so the tire actually said 19.5x54x17 on it.

The tire at the show was a test tire. We picked it up at the factory Friday afternoon after the engineers had popped it from the mold late Thursday night. It was the first one out of the mold, so minor changes may still be made after the initial tires are tested and dissected. There were no other ones ANYWHERE, so nobody had any on their trucks at this show or anywhere else.

I didn’t have a tape measure with me at the show, but it looked to be about 4” taller than the 49 IROK that we had sitting beside it. I measured the IROK when we got back and it measured 48.5” with 15 lbs of air in it. The 54” Bogger only had about 10 lbs of air in it. Since the engineers had not mounted or tested it yet, they didn’t want us to put a bunch of air in it until they had tested it. The “spec air pressure” will be around 25 lbs. Since this one only had 10 lbs of air in it, the tire will probably grow with more air. It was mounted on a 20x12 wheel. The 49 was mounted on a 14” wide wheel.

This tire was heavier than the target weight. This tire weighed around 213 lbs. They are shooting for something in the area of 190-195 lbs.

The tread depth on this tire was 28/32”. It doesn’t look that deep compared to the other Boggers, probably because of just how big the tire is. But it is an optical illusion, only the 15x38.5 Bogger has a deeper skid depth. Just for comparison sake, a 44” Bogger has 26/32” of tread.

The pricing has not been set yet since tire prices are determined in part by weight and the actual weight has not been set yet. They are hoping to bring it in under $650.00 per tire.

As long as everything goes OK and there are no technical issues, they are hoping to release the tire in 6-8 weeks.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 4x4dually
I'm surprised you don't have a set yet!

Man that'd be a BIG tire.......guess I'd need a tad bit more lift for them!!! Looks like I better call Kelderman today and price an airbag setup for my truck.........

~Nick
Old 09-26-2006, 04:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, that's a whole lot of tire!

Sure would keep the RPMs down on the interstate, though....
Old 09-26-2006, 09:35 PM

Yeah, I think I would have a top speed of about 175mph if I could fit those things under my truck. But seriously can you imagine the engine it would take to get them things to turn over and clean in some thick mud. I can't wait to see a set of those on a rig though.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:30 AM

My buddy's been wanting bigger boggers forever so when I saw this thread he was my first call. He's already trying to sell his 44 Boggers and wheels. And he definitely has the motor for it.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Chapter President

Yeah, but I bet he won't have the driveline for it....

A really strong motor and 54's will fry a 1 ton driveline quickly.....These tires are going to be Rockwell only territory

Get a set of Rocks and you'll be good to go with the 54's.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Banned

A really strong motor and 54's will fry a 1 ton driveline quickly.....These tires are going to be Rockwell only territory

I totally agree.......especially since they said those tires weigh what like 200 some odd pounds?? Man that'd break some stuff QUICK!!!

I had some boggers on my Jeep ( borrowed from a buddy ) for a few months and hated them with a passion.......they don't work the best on rocks!!! But in the mud they worked SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!

~Nick
Old 09-27-2006, 09:33 AM

It's got Rockwell's custom tube frame, Bed Mounted Fuel Injected 540, T400, Pro Fab Transfer, King Coilover shocks. I was trying to post pics, but can't find out how on here.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Golift01
I had some boggers on my Jeep ( borrowed from a buddy ) for a few months and hated them with a passion.......they don't work the best on rocks!!! But in the mud they worked SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEET!!!
Totally depends on the type of rock when it comes to Bogger performance! Where I live in the area of the Canadian Shield, there is a a lot of slate and jagged rock....Boggers and Swampers work excellent in this environment because their really large lugs grab and hook the rock and the very tough sidewalls offer excellent protection. You may also notice that many of the hardcore trucks that wheel in the East and through the Appalachian mountains will also be running the 40" - 44" Swamper and Bogger over the dedicated crawler tires because they are much more versatile and wheel well on that type of rock and are offered in the larger sizes that are required to traverse that type of terrain.

The dedicated crawler tires clearly excel in the slicker and smoother rock that the west offers but for those of us that need a tire that works well in a more diverse offroad environment, they don't work so well.
Old 09-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by lcaad1249
It's got Rockwell's custom tube frame, Bed Mounted Fuel Injected 540, T400, Pro Fab Transfer, King Coilover shocks. I was trying to post pics, but can't find out how on here.
Ok then,

I guess he is good to go then!

Sounds like he has a mini monster truck there.....

Quick Reply: giant tires