NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Gatherings

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 07:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mikmaze
mite see how the weather is tomorrow and see what all this is about.
Well It's tomorrow! How about a report. How do ya like it?
Old 02-21-2008, 09:07 PM

Seriously.... What is the hold up, I expected a huge detailed post about the opinions of teh SmRtY!? Maybe he is still out there beatin the **** out of his trans with it? I have actually been pondering the switchover to the MADS side myself and selling the Predator Been seeing some crazy horror stories about the Diablo around lately. When I bought it the support was top notch, but then that all disappeared

BTW, HI Angelo, ready to do some work on some quads yet?! Anybody want to go to a VENISON dinner Sat. Night? It is in Wantage @ a firehouse, all you can eat/drink for $25.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:41 PM
Banned

well its like this, not gonna rush into things and fumble in the dark,jury duty all dang day, got home in time to chow down some grub, and just got home from gun club meeting in Clinton twp.......... storm on the way, not going to load this till I have time to play proper with it. Venison dinner sounds good, I might have actually been to that one in the past.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:43 PM
Banned

I could edit this, but no one would notice, gee, short day today, only 14 hrs straight ! but it sure is helping the tranny fund grow smarty still sits on my desk, JL am sits on my desk, neither of which got its deserved chance at an instalition. Gotta go check on my site in the am, and then maybe the rest of day is mine, sure hope it warms up some. How did eveyone else make out with this lovely weather ? any more info on that Venison dinner pat ? good gawd I feel land sick, kind of the smae thing from bein on a boat too long and then gettin on land, well drivin an articulated loader all day , I still feel like I am jiggin back and forth.
Old 02-22-2008, 09:12 PM

Dinner is still on, I am going with the g/f, big brother, cousin, few other folks. Man I can not wait 'till the warm up.... Just did some welding on a rear recovery point for the Wolverine, and can honestly say that I impressed myself. Been a long time since I welded anything, and it didn't turn out too bad at all. BAsed on that, we may resume work on the winch mount tomorrow before dinner. Then I have more painting to do...

G/F got me something for birthday, but won't tell me what it is. Hopefully something to make one of the toys faster or mo' pimp style, will report back on that later this weekend.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:44 AM
Banned

3 days of waiting gonna drive ya nuts, unless she cheats and give you it early. I just got back in from plowin/ saltin again, mostly parkin spaces where people finallly went the heck home. what time is the dinner and where is that firehouse, rite on 23 or what ? one I was at a few years back was at the VFW up that way.
Old 02-23-2008, 09:55 AM

Doors open @ 7, serving begins at 7:30. It is at the Beemerville Fire House, right by Space Farms on Route 519. Sounds like I am responsible for driving over there, guess I better not be hittin the sauce in full force
Old 02-23-2008, 12:45 PM
Banned

OK, finally got off my duff and installed the smarty, takin it easy to start with, under stock turbo and injectors, I loaded up mild torque management, and then proceded to install catcher # 2, 60 hp, no added timing, figure the rocktech sensor is enough for now. Cleared my stored 191 code and let it finish its thing. Started up and gave it a good tap on the peddle, whoa, whats this ? black snow bank Ok, took it for a drive, now even just the 60 hp program ut it feels like a totally different truck, and boy if ya mash it off the line does it kill skeeters ! Very controlable via right foot. Went by Tom's place and took him for a ride, will let him give his own comnet. so far I like it, but now I have a 148 code, P0148 High Pressure Common Rail (HPCR) Fueling Error Checksum and don't know why, it is not a dirty fuel filter, changed that last week. 191 may have been there from the quad race, and would not go away.
Old 02-23-2008, 12:55 PM

Mike,

It's time to upgrade your lift pump. Now! That code means you are starving the Cp3 of fuel. If you keep starving the CP3 it won't have enough excess fuel to use for cooling purposes and damage to the Cp3 will occur.
It could have been a dirty fuel filter, but you said you just changed it.
Ya wanna play ya gotta pay!
Angelo
Old 02-23-2008, 01:01 PM

p0191 fuel rail pressure sensor performance error code

The only thing I could find on this is that there is a reflash TSB out for this. People who got the reflash lost MPG's.
Old 02-23-2008, 01:21 PM
Banned

thanks for the quick reply Angelo, ah sweet, so it looks like next install party I may be doing a fuel delivery system upgrade as well, sheesh, I guess I better wish it snows again so I have money for that too.:?
Old 02-23-2008, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
thanks for the quick reply Angelo, ah sweet, so it looks like next install party I may be doing a fuel delivery system upgrade as well, sheesh, I guess I better wish it snows again so I have money for that too.:?
I would not wait if I were you. CP3's are expensive! At the least I would geat a fuel pressure gauge to monitor pressure to the CP3. Atleast then you would be able to tell when you had low pressure. And I would do this yesterday.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:25 PM

Mike, it sucks when the fuel system goes out man. Thats what happened to me on the way home from vacation last summer. Not a fun ride home, thats for sure.

Let me tell you guys, if I can sell my BullyDog I will definetly be investing in a Smarty. On the 60hp setting, the power seems much smoother and better than my BullyDog on the 90hp setting. Mike's truck definetly smokes A LOT more than my truck, but not too much that its annoying. Mike got a great deal on it, and he sure has enough literature on the Smarty in the truck with him. It sure pays to do your homework and be on the computer at the right time.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:19 PM

Mike, hope ya had a good time last night, can't say that I don't have some entertaining friends now can ya

Too bad there wasn't a wrench day today, what a day! melted most of the snow off the driveway, can now be passed in 2 wd again Mike, should have set something up to get those gauges in, we were here all day tinkering with the Wolvy anyway...

SO, WHATS NEXT?!?
Old 02-24-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

well that is one heckuva driveway you have there, I gotta say, I like usin 4 wheel low to creep down. It was a good time, and yeah I had a good time. I didn't do much today, takin it easy on the truck till the new pump arrives, I mite even head into a place in caldwell and see what they have available. For peace of mind I have been driving the truck at or below 2 k rpm so as not to place high flow demands on an obvioulsly weak system. If they have something complete, I mite grab it and return the one I have on the way. The one I have coming plugs into power from the original, and mounts on the frame rail, so if they have anything, it has to be equally easy to install.

Quick Reply: Gatherings