NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Gatherings

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 03:00 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well my plans just got crushed, got off the phone with Extreme diesel parts and they have all the goodies you could ask for, but do not yet offer instalation at their building, nor do they have the dyno setup in the new location. so , no installs, and no dyno day at their place as it stands, or for quite some time, dang, I get real wrapped up and ready to go spend money, and then this, now I gotta figure out who else I can trust. I kind of decided on an ATS 5 star converter, but next nearest distributor is in Walden NY, at a racing shop I have never dealt with. Man this bites. No we gotta get together and talk about this and figure out my next plan, I need to do it soon so I can take off say a friday, before we get busy,and have it installed while I wait.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:49 PM

If you don't mind traveling, 1-1/2 up in CT. a TDR member in CT did mine and he get ATS. let me know if interested
Old 02-19-2008, 04:53 PM

Why not go with Fischer trans? Order the converter and then let them install it. They may cut you a break since you work for Sponz.

Got my manifold today, looks pretty simple to install. Now I just need a day like yesterday to throw it on. Also got some new brake pads on the way...figure I should do them after 83k on the stockers.
Old 02-19-2008, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
I kind of decided on an ATS 5 star converter
If your going to do a converter you better do a valve body also! You will need the higher pressure the valve body supplies. When I have to re-do my trans I'm going with Goerend. Their triple disk converter comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Also If you don't already have a deep trans pan I would also purchase one. I went with a double deep. Heat kills!
Here is a price sheet.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Green04HO
If your going to do a converter you better do a valve body also! You will need the higher pressure the valve body supplies. When I have to re-do my trans I'm going with Goerend.
Definitely do a valve body too. You'll probably have to do a different front lever too, I've gone to billet ones on my transmissions to prevent the lever from breaking with the extra pressure pushing on it and having no 2nd gear.

What happened? You know who's not holding up?
Old 02-19-2008, 08:15 PM

If your going to do a converter you better do a valve body also! You will need the higher pressure the valve body supplies. When I have to re-do my trans I'm going with Goerend. Their triple disk converter comes with a limited lifetime warranty. Also If you don't already have a deep trans pan I would also purchase one. I went with a double deep. Heat kills!
Here is a price sheet.
on a side note hows your trans holding up mine is sitting up there right now with another leak other than a couple of seals i cant complain no slipping even pulling my Kubota around
Old 02-19-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by JD730
What happened? You know who's not holding up?
No, It's holding. I've made about a dozen passes at the track so far and it doesn't slip at all.(1.74-2.0 60') I just hate not knowing what's really inside. The latest converter is nice and tight (1700-1800) It's just with the new twins going on in the Spring I don't know how long my luck will last. I'm supposed to go back and have the valve body modified again after the twins are on.

Wish me luck!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Banned

yes a valve body would go in at the same time, as for fischer, I am trying to get around the core charges, figure a place that sells it and installs it, might not core me to death, if there is no alternative, I may end up down there, a 1.5 hr drive to CT is not out of the question , I have seen a few of those CT boys work, they don't mess around, they do it! I kind of want a place familiar enough about the truck, the converter and the smarty to know how much to set the valve body pressure to so they all work as well as they can together. sleepinwithmyfingerscrossed, thatbigbrowntruckbetterstopbymetomorrow
Old 02-20-2008, 04:11 PM
Banned

double post but, hey, Angelo, or Junior, I am leary of screwin up while changing to what software I want on the smarty, it was loaded with an aftermarket turbo program, and I want to put a new tune into it. just shaky on the directions. give me a ring if ya got a sec and can help, 201 954 2142
Old 02-20-2008, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by loudredram
on a side note hows your trans holding up mine is sitting up there right now with another leak other than a couple of seals i cant complain no slipping even pulling my Kubota around
Well I saw ya coming down 15 South so I know the trucks done. Hows it feel?
Did he just repair the leaks or did he tweak anything?
Old 02-20-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned

Smarty software update complete thanks to Angelo for walkin me through it, mite see how the weather is tomorrow and see what all this is about.
Old 02-20-2008, 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
Smarty software update complete thanks to Angelo for walkin me through it, mite see how the weather is tomorrow and see what all this is about.
It's only 8:00! Go load that thing and run it then report back!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:04 PM

Yeah right, get out there sir and let us know!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 07:41 PM

Glad angelo helped out mike just got on the old internet. Hope you went out by know and gave the tires somthing to scream about.

I have to stop laying rubber i need tires soon. that sucks.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Well I saw ya coming down 15 South so I know the trucks done. Hows it feel?
Did he just repair the leaks or did he tweak anything?
no tweaks .....mines been holding great....no slipping even pulling over 10,000lbs just had a couple leaks other than that cant complain...and they always have it fixed in one day plus they give me a free rental

on another note it was good to finaly drive my truck after a month and a half....**** insurance companys

Quick Reply: Gatherings