NCDTR #32 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #32

NC DTR #32 Update

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 11:17 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC DTR #32 Update

First off I want to apoligize for the long delay in getting things going. Now I would like some feedback from you guys. I would like to have our first meeting in either December or January. Everyone that's interested please give me some feedback and we will work out a time and place.

Thank you,

Adam Hurdt
NC DTR Chapter #32 President
Asheville, NC
828-778-4598
Old 11-13-2007, 11:21 PM

If its not too far I'll be there. More than likely I'll be there Need a place with heat though
Old 11-13-2007, 11:41 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
If its not too far I'll be there. More than likely I'll be there Need a place with heat though
What part of NC are you in again? It's been a while since I've talked to you.

I'm thinking just a meeting at a restaurant somewhere since it'll be cold weather and the first meeting.

I'm in Asheville, but the meeting can be anywhere within reason, depending on where everyone is located.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:45 PM

Im in Raleigh right now. Will this just be a sit down meet or an event?
Old 11-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Chapter President

Just a sit down meet to get things going. Get us all on the same page and see what everyones interests are.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:51 PM

Well I might not be able to make it that far then. We'll see.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:52 PM
Chapter President

Ok. That's understandable. It might end up being somewhere like Hickory. I have no idea at this point. We'll have to play it by ear and see who all is interested.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:38 AM

Hickory or Rutherfordton would be good. I am partial to breakfast at the Moose Cafe we have driven 1.5 hours for that before. With diesel as high as it is for me to come to Ashville for a non dyno run I would have to drive the wifes buick but I'm game. Unless i can talk the family into a camping weekend.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:28 AM

I know it's January but u should try an set some kind of event up to get more people to come. quesyion is, what? We would need somewhere warm
Old 11-14-2007, 09:01 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 74dart
Hickory or Rutherfordton would be good. I am partial to breakfast at the Moose Cafe we have driven 1.5 hours for that before. With diesel as high as it is for me to come to Ashville for a non dyno run I would have to drive the wifes buick but I'm game. Unless i can talk the family into a camping weekend.
Ok. I'm making a list of everyone's locations so I can come up with a central location for everyone to meet.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:03 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
I know it's January but u should try an set some kind of event up to get more people to come. quesyion is, what? We would need somewhere warm
If my shop was finished we could do it there, but that's not gonna be an option. Finding something warm is gonna be about impossible. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:31 AM

There is a dyno in shelby but the shop is small and has no parking so I would think that is out. We also have a 1/8 mi dragstrip that for $5 on sunday and thursday you can run. I've heard there is a Dyno in Gastiona but I don't know for sure. Poole has one but that is 2 hours from me and more like 4 from Asheville. If we could find something in Hickory or Morganton that would be about the middle of the Easternpart of the state. I'm good for anything in around 2 hrs from the house in the truck I can travel further in the car. My wife starts getting paid the end of Dec and then I could do about anything in the state. The only reason I didn't go to Duraham this past weekend is because we just didn't have the money but it sounds like I missed out on a good one. I will plan on making the next one if they have it I really want to see the "Red Ram Rocket" in person. We are planning on making the one at Blowing Rock in Jun. I really want to put a baseline down so I can plan my next mods. Looking at an s300 s400 twin setup and .022 DVs next with a possible shot of NO2. Adam I have Fridays off and would be willing to help as much as I can to get things going. Will be in Charelston SC for thanksgiving but home for the Christmass Holidays.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by 74dart
There is a dyno in shelby but the shop is small and has no parking so I would think that is out. We also have a 1/8 mi dragstrip that for $5 on sunday and thursday you can run. I've heard there is a Dyno in Gastiona but I don't know for sure. Poole has one but that is 2 hours from me and more like 4 from Asheville. If we could find something in Hickory or Morganton that would be about the middle of the Easternpart of the state. I'm good for anything in around 2 hrs from the house in the truck I can travel further in the car. My wife starts getting paid the end of Dec and then I could do about anything in the state. The only reason I didn't go to Duraham this past weekend is because we just didn't have the money but it sounds like I missed out on a good one. I will plan on making the next one if they have it I really want to see the "Red Ram Rocket" in person. We are planning on making the one at Blowing Rock in Jun. I really want to put a baseline down so I can plan my next mods. Looking at an s300 s400 twin setup and .022 DVs next with a possible shot of NO2. Adam I have Fridays off and would be willing to help as much as I can to get things going. Will be in Charelston SC for thanksgiving but home for the Christmass Holidays.
There's a couple here in Asheville but they're proud of their dynos and want a small fortune and a guaranteed number of dyno runs to even have a dyno day. I did have one of them asking me when we were gonna do one though. I could arrange something for Jan. I wouldn't mind doing a dragstrip day on a sunday though. That would probably work the best for me. Maybe by then by 12 valve will be ready to make a pass or two. Are you talking about shady side? As far as I know, Olee's dyno is not up and running yet but will be soon. Just talked to him but I forgot to ask him.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:29 PM

Olees was not in last week if were talkin about the same Olee but I dont know when it will be.
Old 11-14-2007, 04:10 PM

Yea Shady Side. Been there a few times to run. Got beat by a newer ford ps but that was before the 370s. the twin kit and the dv should fix that problem. My brother is friends with a local dirt track racer I will see if he could locate one near by. Like you said earlier a good sit down with everyone that is interested to discuss future get toghethers and see who would be interested would be good right now as well.

Quick Reply: NC DTR #32 Update