NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Race Day...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 03:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by OthrGrl
Come on I was pedaling it......... ok maybe not on that run but I did have to pedal both rounds of the Quick Diesel Class - first round I was lucky to not break out.

Our trucks don't like hot lapping and 12.5 was all it had in it for that run against you Mark. Considering what is done to the truck and the difference in our hp levels I'd say mine's not doing to shabby. Chris's truck is just sickening. He doesn't have crap for mods and runs 12.4s. Built trans, lift pump, shimmed Fuel Pressure Relief Valve, and that's it. Glad Kelly let me come out, I had a great time and the K-bar is sweet.

Yea, none of like the hot lapping. I was talking to John P and he thinks that has a lot to do with the flexplate issue. You did GREAT and we'll see you at the next event!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:23 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by OthrGrl
Come on I was pedaling it......... ok maybe not on that run but I did have to pedal both rounds of the Quick Diesel Class - first round I was lucky to not break out.

Our trucks don't like hot lapping and 12.5 was all it had in it for that run against you Mark. Considering what is done to the truck and the difference in our hp levels I'd say mine's not doing to shabby. Chris's truck is just sickening. He doesn't have crap for mods and runs 12.4s. Built trans, lift pump, shimmed Fuel Pressure Relief Valve, and that's it. Glad Kelly let me come out, I had a great time and the K-bar is sweet.
I'm glad ya'll came out for sure. It's good for the sport to have friendly competition. The DA crew are some fun guys to race with.. It was my call on the 12.5 index, sorry but at the time I did what I thought was best for all. It turned out great for you two, taking home 1st and 2nd place in QD.
Old 10-15-2008, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Mike D
It was my call on the 12.5 index, sorry but at the time I did what I thought was best for all.
And that was at my suggestion. I thought the 12.5 provided better racing than that 12.0 would have based on the competitors involved. The driver mod is the most important mod you do to your truck, after all. If there are complaints about the classes or the way guys were laddered then the buck stops right here.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:10 AM

Well Banshee....

What about the I broke my truck but beat you in the 60' class....LOL

It was all set up just right! Just wish I could have raced a few more runs!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:22 AM
Banned

I had no problem with how things were set up. Wish we would have had a few more people running in the Quick Diesel Class, but I was fine with the 12.5 index - just glad I didn't break on that fist run -12.509.
Old 10-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ShakinRedCTD
Well Banshee....

What about the I broke my truck but beat you in the 60' class....LOL

It was all set up just right! Just wish I could have raced a few more runs!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nate:

Yeah your 60ft time may have been better, but Johnner beat you on reaction time and there is a BIG difference between a NV5600 DUAL-DISC 6-speed and your 48RE Auto. Now that you no longer have the TST on your truck, I would be interested to see you guys run again! Once you get your tranny all straightened out, I am ready to run against you in my 2006.

Johnner and Mike,.......let me say this on the index time. I support your decisions 100% and Johnner you did a GREAT JOB on building the "ladders" and setting all the trucks up for the races! Next year we will let someone else "step-up" and take care of that and see how it goes.

--------
John_P
Old 10-17-2008, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by John_P
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nate:

Yeah your 60ft time may have been better, but Johnner beat you on reaction time and there is a BIG difference between a NV5600 DUAL-DISC 6-speed and your 48RE Auto. Now that you no longer have the TST on your truck, I would be interested to see you guys run again! Once you get your tranny all straightened out, I am ready to run against you in my 2006.

Johnner and Mike,.......let me say this on the index time. I support your decisions 100% and Johnner you did a GREAT JOB on building the "ladders" and setting all the trucks up for the races! Next year we will let someone else "step-up" and take care of that and see how it goes.

--------
John_P

John,

I was just bustin Johnners marbles. But you got it! And I will help with all the events next year...you can count on that!!!