NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

OBX Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 11:16 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBX Aftermath

I want to start out by thanking Jess, Buck and all the sponsors for the great event. I also want to thank the track officials for the outstanding job they did, the heat was unreal and they were out there all day getting the job done.

This is one of the best events I've been to all year, can't say enough good things about the event. The pro street card was stacked with excellent competition and competitors from as far away as Oklahoma. We saw some of the closest racing to date in the Pro Street field.

Dan Schied brought his dragster out piloted by Bo Lanye, incredible. Darren Morrison had his car out there laying down some wicked passes too. The crowd was in awe as these two diesel powered vehicles pounded the 1/8 mile.

Thanks again to Jess and Buck, hope to have a return of the event next year.

Hopefully Jess will post up the results.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:29 AM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
It was the first time i went to an offical event and we had a blast. I brought one kid from our youth group at church who was a power stoke fan, but that all changed after the event
Old 06-22-2009, 11:28 AM
Chapter President

Glad ya'll had a good time jesussaves.

On a side note I talked with Jess and he's having internet issues so it will be a while before he's able to post what he had written.
Old 06-22-2009, 12:08 PM

X2 on that. It was an awesome time!! Heat was gnarly!! It was great to meet some new people and see the old ones again!! There were some extremely fast diesels there and it was a pleasure to watch. Wish I could have stayed longer but the heat was bad and the back was killing me. See you all at the next event.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:36 PM
DTR Advertiser

It was a great event, I will take the heat instead of rain anyday. Nice to see everyone again and a 16 truck pro field was good. Looks like I tore my converter up, everything works but I lost 600 rpm of stall.
Jess and Buck set the event up as well as any I have ever been to and I did not see any idiots overdosed on alcohol. Tim
Old 06-22-2009, 09:13 PM

well guys to say it was hot at the track was an understatement!i think track temps were approaching 135 degrees at times.i would like to thank our sponsors,if we keep doing this we will need your continued support.the racers were great,i didnt hear a single complaint the entire time.i often mentioned to various teams and racers how they should have picked a cooler day for a race,however everyone was fast to mention we can live with the heat just happy for no rain.we had trucks come from all over the eastern sea board of the US and the deep south.Brian aka poo dot Carter took the long haul award coming in from Oklahoma.but many race teams drove in excess of 10 plus hours to come and race.our local diesel groups and organizations made a very strong showing.i was told 17 tech cards in pro street,41 tech cards in the Diesel Addiction et brackets and i forget the exact number in 7.7 index but a great showing of trucks there as well.DPM was there with the dyno and worked long hours in some intense heat.by the way David thanks for getting me my first 1000hp plus dyno sheet.
the Shcied dragster put on an awesome display of power running after low 4 second pro mods and then blowing the tires at half track was a super dispaly of power.As always Mr Shcied was class act.
perhaps the biggist show of the event were the passes made by Darren M it looks like all the hard work is coming together.Darren there were a lot of your supporters that were jumping up and down and high fiving on those runs,myself included.if you guys think you are diesel heads you need to find out were Darren will be next and see this truck in person.
we had 17 pro street trucks and although i wont list you all,i want to thank every one of you for coming.a few that must be mentioned Jeff Garmon,he was on the tree all day congrats.also Brian B for finishing second.if you hadnt of red eyed that would have been a close final.
TS perfromance were in full force as Barry and Craig took home the cash and trophys in the 7.7 index and the bracket class.
as for the truck pull,we did have some confusion and it got started late,but who would have figured we would have had so many diesel trucks racing,it just pushed the start time back for the pull by several hours.to those that had some concerns with the pull i hope you will give us another try.i promise if we do this again the pull will be as smooth as the race next time.
thanks to Tim for doing our race commentary and to Dennis Perry for helping with the ladders and getting the trucks lined up in the lanes.
thanks to all who came out and supported this event,without your time and participation the event wouldnt have been !

Finally thanks to Ivey Johnson and the entire crew at the Outerbanks Speedway,you guys gave us a kick tail race track in smokin hot weather....
Old 06-22-2009, 11:13 PM
Banned

We had a great time out there, even with the problems we had. The racing was very well organized and planned out, Dave was great at the dyno and you can really tell he loves his job, and the pull - well after a long hot day what do you expect. Just gotta enforce the rules and organize things better. No one could here the announcer for the pulls or anything. Lucky for me by the 3.0 and Top truck classes they had things running fairly smooth. Too bad those blown intercooler boots lost me both classes but I'll take 2nd place in the top truck challenge 2 days after getting a motor running - no complaints here.
Old 06-23-2009, 04:00 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Jess, I concur 100% with everything all of our fellow DTR Members have already said! As in past years,.......GREAT EVENT! It was the biggest field of Pro-Street Trucks I also have ever seen. There was some great racing too.
Even though I went out in the first round, I still had a great time and it was great to see everyone again. Jess, the Staff at OBX again did an excellent job with the track prep and everything. It still is one of the only tracks where they actually squeegee the water off for the 4X4 trucks!

My congratulations to Jeff Garmon for yet another Pro-Street Win and also to Brian B. for his second place finish. I had to to leave early on Saturday due to other arrangements with a friend of mine, so I missed the sled pulling.

Jess, again, my thanks to you and Buck for another great OBX Event!

-------
John_P
Old 06-25-2009, 08:03 PM

Good Times

It was good to finally go somewhere and not get rained on. The heat was there...But can live with that. Had an awesome time. Man, there was some fast trucks. Good to see...
Glad to reach the 800hp mark, even in the conditions. Can't wait to tune on it a little. Thanks Buck and Jess. Oh. again, the BBQ was awesome.