NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Ncdtr #18

Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ncdtr #18

Well, since its been beyond dead in here, I thought I would break the ice. So how has everyone been doing? I hope everyone is enjoying their summer so far. If you got a minute post up your summer plans and how you have been. You all have a good one.

Dan
Old 07-13-2009, 09:03 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Dan, it is good to hear from you buddy! Are you "retired" from the Marines yet?

Everything going well with me. I am heading to the "Western N.C. Dyno Day"
next weekend. I know a few of our NCDTR #18 Crew will be up in Numida, Pa.
at the NADM Drag Race this weekend. I know for sure that Mike D. and Brian B. will be there. My buddy Dale Smith and his new driver Seth Sullivan are going up there with their Pro-Street Truck too. Should be a good event.

--------
John_P
Old 07-13-2009, 09:12 PM

Hey John!! Good to hear from you too. I am still not retired yet but soon hopefully. Our next little guy is almost here. Within the next 3 or 4 weeks Lane should be here. We were hoping to go to PA for the NADM event. Its only 4 hrs from our home town in NY. She has gotten alot bigger and can barely stand any car rides. I believe Seth was the driver for the maroonish Cummins with green flames? If so that is one mean truck!!!
Old 07-14-2009, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by cadash
Hey John!! Good to hear from you too. I am still not retired yet but soon hopefully. Our next little guy is almost here. Within the next 3 or 4 weeks Lane should be here. We were hoping to go to PA for the NADM event. Its only 4 hrs from our home town in NY. She has gotten alot bigger and can barely stand any car rides. I believe Seth was the driver for the maroonish Cummins with green flames? If so that is one mean truck!!!
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, Seth Sullivan is the new Driver of that maroon 2001 Dodge CTD that is owned by Dale Smith.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:17 AM

Work and vacation. Going to Pigeon Forge TN this weekend for 4 days. Will be rolling up to Blowing Rock for the dyno day next weekend.

Resisting the urge to start buying automatic swap parts everyday although I do need to buy a new carpet for the Big Rig. That way I can put it down when my brother and I install my new ALI leather seats that I bought last summer.
Old 07-14-2009, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Work and vacation. Going to Pigeon Forge TN this weekend for 4 days. Will be rolling up to Blowing Rock for the dyno day next weekend.

Resisting the urge to start buying automatic swap parts everyday although I do need to buy a new carpet for the Big Rig. That way I can put it down when my brother and I install my new ALI leather seats that I bought last summer.
-------------------
Keegan:

Looking forward to seeing you guys at Blowing Rock next weekend!
Old 07-14-2009, 11:05 AM

Whats going on guys. I already miss that sea level air, and so does my truck. Trying to keep the smoke under control with a 62/12 and Mach 6+'s is a little dificult. Colorado is a pretty nice place though, I've already swam through class 5 rapids(not on purpose) and havin a blast fishing and soon hunting with the new dog. Hope you guys do well on your upcoming events.

Bryan
Old 07-14-2009, 12:10 PM

Hi Folks,
I've been working in FL/GA and head back for some follow-up projects at LeJeune this week.
Haven't done much else with the truck other than DX the topper to haul my 5ver.
I do need to get a better/bigger filter for my Cool Blue Tube air intake. It keeps draggin the filter minder down 3/4 all the time..

Take Care and stay safe
Old 07-15-2009, 02:05 AM
Banned

We let ourselves get backed up at the shop getting our trucks ready for the Pro Diesel Challenge. Now we're busy catching back up. I have some gaskets and seals to replace to fix the leaks I had at PDC. Trying to get free to go to some more events this year. Then there's wedding and honeymoon planning - September 25th I'm marrying my amazing fiance which a few of you have met, then taking a honeymoon to Australia.
Old 07-15-2009, 06:52 AM

Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!
Old 07-15-2009, 02:07 PM

I gotta say, not too impressed with the Colorado Forum. Realllll quiet over there, man I miss NCDTR,lol.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:29 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Oh I'm still around. Got out with the TT a couple of times here recent. Spent July 4th down at Swansboro with the family and dogs. Still learning my replacement job. Haven't found a place back at a dealer yet. Not gonna make this western dyno day, but can't wait for the annual one at Waynes. Fingers crossed.

Still keeping the black one tip-top and shiny. Actually gonna have to paint one of the rear fenders over. Oh boy, more training!

Chris
Old 07-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Chapter President

I've been on a long vacation. I lost my job so I decided to take some time off and think about what I want to do next. I've been trying to get back in shape, thinking about going into the National Guard. I've got 9 years prior service so it would be nice to finish 20 years.

Me and Brian have been talking about getting a race going. We have a 1/8 mile track near us that is available Oct 10th and I've been talking with the NADM guys for sponsorship help. Nothing concrete yet, I'll keep everyone up to date.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:04 PM

Hey all,

Been working pretty much on house/yard.. so no fun stuff

if all goes well I will finally get entire truck painted this summer then hope to make it out to some DTR meets.
Old 07-15-2009, 10:39 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Got a new cam, lifters and push-rods today. I'll need to install and dial it all in and won't have time before the western NC dyno thing. Else, it's quiet around my house.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ncdtr #18