NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Greensboro area folks, where are ya???

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 10:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greensboro area folks, where are ya???

Ok folks, this morning the Marine Corps blasted me with very short notice orders to move to the I&I in Greensboro. Somehow, I need to sale a house, check in, get my 16 year old into a new school system, buy a house, and move all my crap in the next 1 1/2 months.

Not going to happen smoothly. So If you see me around with the truck in my pics, or blasting around in the duster in my pics, please say hello. Time to make some new Mopar friends to hang out with.

Any good suggestions on a place to live or high schools to gravitate to or stay away from?

Thanks

Ron
Old 06-09-2008, 11:05 AM
Chapter President

Brown Summit and Summerfield are real nice areas around Greensboro, if you like the country and Julian has the Piedmont Dragway. Can't help you on the schools.

I live north of W/S and Brian B lives in High Point, jp8819 lives in Julian, we go to the 1/8 miles every now and again to T&T.
Old 06-09-2008, 11:53 AM

Wow, thats some great news for a monday morning, great news here for me as well, I got flagged for recruiting, def tryin to get out of that......
Old 06-09-2008, 02:09 PM

we'll be glad to have you. I'm just south of Greensboro in Lexington. We'll have to hit the 8th mile at piedmont when you get settled in.

Mike, you live north of Winston-Salem?? Wow, I thought you were out on the other side of Burlington.
Old 06-09-2008, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Dang Ron,.......I hate to hear you are moving out the area, but I know we will still see you! You will be alot closer to Mike D., Brian, Keegan and the guys that live up there though, so that is good. Let's try to get together before you head out of here and I'll let you drive my 06' as we talked about.

--------
John_P
Old 06-09-2008, 02:17 PM
Chapter President

Keegan, I thought everyone knew where big ol' Rural Hall was...
Old 06-09-2008, 02:21 PM

Okay, I just looked it up on the map. I'm fairly sure I drove through there once, BUT I blinked and must have missed it. Since your so close, why didn't you come help me get that tranny back in??? Isn't that part of the Presidential duties, helping poor suckers like me crawl around on our backs in the gravel working on our trucks?
Old 06-09-2008, 02:24 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Okay, I just looked it up on the map. I'm fairly sure I drove through there once, BUT I blinked and must have missed it. Since your so close, why didn't you come help me get that tranny back in??? Isn't that part of the Presidential duties, helping poor suckers like me crawl around on our backs in the gravel working on our trucks?
--------------------------------------------------------------
Your right Keegan, I believe I read in the Presidents Duties that Mike should have been there helping you out with that tranny install........................
Old 06-09-2008, 04:39 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Don't you know duties run down hill?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:10 PM

Ok Folks, looks like I might get it extended a few weeks. I am planning on heading that way about 15 Agust. I will have the Duster at piedmont and farmington quite a bit. When it cools down that is.

I know enough to be dangerous on the diesel trucks, but I can be really dangerous when it comes to BigBlock Mopar power so if you need help, let me know.

Ron

JohnP, I will talk to ya soon. I need to drive your truck for sure.
Old 06-09-2008, 08:50 PM

KInda like the julian piedmont area but might be because I live about 5 mins from the track. Just depends if you like the country or you want to live more toward greensboro in the city. Let me know if can help.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by jp8819
KInda like the julian piedmont area but might be because I live about 5 mins from the track. Just depends if you like the country or you want to live more toward greensboro in the city. Let me know if can help.
Thanks.

I am going to try and get a house with atleast a 1/2 acre but prefer an acre. I have the race car trailer and all my stuff so land in the country would be nice. The reserve center is right on 40 so that should be easy to get to.

Ron
Old 06-09-2008, 09:56 PM

yea 40 runs right threw middle of greensboro pretty much. Have a good friend in real estate if you need a name of someone that might can give you some ideas of where to look.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:27 PM

update, greensboro and winston-salem folks?

Ok, the house hunting continues this Thursday when I head up there. I am hoping a house in Winston-salem we are really interested in works out. It is in Davidson county. It looks like about a 23 mile drive to the Reserve center, but the schools sound good and it is away from the busy cities.

any pointers are still appreciated.

Thanks
Old 06-24-2008, 09:57 PM

Come join us in Davidson County, you can help me keep Keegan straight

Quick Reply: Greensboro area folks, where are ya???