NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Cris I have a question for ya!

Old 10-26-2008, 11:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cris I have a question for ya!

Originally Posted by From another post
Originally Posted by mudder500
From my end i ran a 14.4 and backed up with a 14.6 x2. That was with 33s and the crazy larry.

Now i have the smarty Tnt tune. Runs consisent 15.0s. been 14.9 once. I have intake, exhaust, arc flow and airdog with 35's.

So as of now i like the bully dog still but going to go back to track with crazy larry to see what the difference is with the mods i have now
Originally Posted by Nate
I can tell you that there was 4/10th of a difference in the 35's and my 31's. I ran consistant 13.1X with 35's. Then pulled a 12.76 on 31's.......so you cannot compare the bd with the smarty on different tires, though your numbers do reflect the different tire sizes. As well the tires gained me 23HP on the dyno.
Originally Posted by Cris
Nate

You never had a problem with the flex plate with the 35s, think about it!!!!
Cris,

What does that mean? I am not trying to pick a fight here, but there are a thousand variables that play into that plate breaking. On the day of the race I knew I was going to run it hard. I had it set for everything it had. I had the Revo-TNT all the way up with no defuel and wild torque management. The TST was on 3/2 and I hit the dang lock-up switch half way into 2nd gear. The truck lurched (Rail pressure I would say) about 3 times before the flex plate let go.

I do not think the 265/70/17 had anything to do with it. In fact I think it would have been worse if I had the 315's on due to the mass.

And even more, EVERY time I launch at coastal I spin....that day it did not spin, in fact I turned my personal best 60' time ever. I can say that the flex plate letting go was "due".... I know I have pulled a lot of 20# with a few 22-23# launches. It was due.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:22 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
I read the title of this thread, then clicked on it, read what you posted Nate and said to myself, "Where did all these quotes and statements come from?"
I hadn't seen them here in our NCDTR #18 Chapter Area. After a little searching, I finally found them though.

Let me say this Nate,.........I have seen ALOT of flexplates break on ALL years of the Dodge CTD Pickups! I have seen them break with stock tires and with tires larger than stock, all the way from 245's up and above 35" tires. Bottom line here,.......if you are drag racing, sled pulling or towing heavy, IMHO, you need to have an aftermarket flex plate! The stock flexpates are WEAK, no matter what size tire you are running.

I believe I was the one that told you that the smaller tires would HELP your E.T. in the quarter mile and IT DID! It also helped me on my 96'. It has helped alot of my friends who also race. Nate, you REALLY got alot of benefit from it, much more than I did. You also got ALOT of service out of that stock flexplate. Think about it. I seriously doubt you will have anymore problems with the flexplate now.

Like you said, the stock flexplate had enough.........................

--------
John_P