Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

TXDTR#8 (North Texas DTR) April Meet

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 01:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigBlue
Had an interesting surprise this morning coming to class. Had the cruise set at 70 and was going up hill when all of a sudden the engine changed tones and started accelerating and boost was climbing rapidly. I started scanning stuff and my eyes rested on my water/meth light. It was on. I reached for the switch and it fell off in my hand. Apparently after my playing around with it yesterday it broke and I thought I had turned it off. One more thing to add to the list of stuff to get fixed before the dyno. Got the steering box, center the steering wheel up some more, checking alignment, fix the switch, make sure the turbo is still working (heard some ticking from it the other day I didn't like).
Been there!! Had the TST on like 3 and water/meth set kind of aggressive... They feed off of each other.... Same deal going up hill cruise set, boost started going, up TST was kicking in, water/meth kicked in more, TST kicked in more until the top of the hill..... Was kinda like when cruise is set on a hill with boost around 20psi and turning the TST up...
Old 04-16-2007, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
If I had air on my truck....this would be the only way to fly! (hint...hint)

Charlie, do they have the same sized model with a pump handle?

RJ
Might be in the cards... hmmm...
Old 04-16-2007, 05:41 PM

Ooo oo... almost forgot!! My grandpa's duramax had to lay down to the dodge this weekend!! I went and loaded my gooseneck with a load of railroad ties and concrete at the local yard and drove it to my house prolly 16k-ish.... I parked it along the road on the edge of my property... Decided not to work on the project and was about to rain so wanted to get the quickrete inside the garage...

Well... my truck was connected to the boat so I asked my grandpa to borrow his truck to pull it up and into the garage... Hooked up and went to pull, engine reved, but I didn't move... huh? must have left the blocks under a tire somewhere... Nope, maybe brakes are sticking?? pulled the electrical connection... Got back in the truck threw it in low (2wd) and stepped on the gas... wanted to move but the tranny temp gauge started climbing and RPMs were like at 2000 and I wasn't moving....

Long story short had to get the dodge unhooked from the boat and hook up to the goose. Left my truck in 2wheel to see if I could get it rolling... Little jump and she was climbing!! (sticky clutch!!)

Oh and the reason I couldn't back up first and give a run at the hill was a guy was parked directly behind me... (Hill goes to the neigborhood boat ramp and people park on it when they take there boat out)
Old 04-16-2007, 05:48 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's almost not funny.............poor grandpa.
Old 04-16-2007, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
That's almost not funny.............poor grandpa.
Ahh he doesn't know.... Was eating dinner with the parents...
Old 04-16-2007, 06:11 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's too funny, Brian!

Probably was that dang torque converter more than anything.

I had the '98 Ram at my dad's house in GA many times, and if I parked in the STEEP driveway I had to get my foot pretty close to the floor before the stupid stock converter would finally stall and get that fat pig moving!

Dodge
Old 04-16-2007, 06:33 PM
Chapter President

OK........who is showing up Friday? I have enough chili fixins to do one pot. I'll put it in the slow cooker about noon and it's first-come, first served.

Who will be there Saturday? I figure we'll leave early enough to eat breakfast on the way.

FYI.........Last time, there was no eating places very close to the dyno place. I'm not planning on staying until closing time and will probably eat on the way back to Sadelia.
Old 04-16-2007, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
That's too funny, Brian!

Probably was that dang torque converter more than anything.

I had the '98 Ram at my dad's house in GA many times, and if I parked in the STEEP driveway I had to get my foot pretty close to the floor before the stupid stock converter would finally stall and get that fat pig moving!

Dodge
Probably... who cares couldn't get the job done!! lol Allison what?? who?? sticky clutch wins!!
Old 04-16-2007, 06:37 PM

OK........who is showing up Friday? I have enough chili fixins to do one pot. I'll put it in the slow cooker about noon and it's first-come, first served.

Who will be there Saturday? I figure we'll leave early enough to eat breakfast on the way.

FYI.........Last time, there was no eating places very close to the dyno place. I'm not planning on staying until closing time and will probably eat on the way back to Sadelia.
Be there fri after picking Evan up around 4ish... camper spot open?? Plan on being there Sat as well if we are staying??? Ya we better leave early for breakfast... You know me and food!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:10 PM

I'll be there Saturday for sure. May drop in Friday to meet and greet. Hey, what time is the Dyno day start??
Old 04-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Chapter President

They open the doors at 9:00. Rowland has the times we're suppose to dyno.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Banned

I'll be there early friday afternoon to help rowland install his ladder bars and I'll be staying the weekend.

Brian, open spot in the camper as far as I know. Heather ain't gonna be here so you should be in the clear.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Brian, open spot in the camper as far as I know. Heather ain't gonna be here so you should be in the clear.
I'd sleep on my back if I was you Brian.

~Rob
Old 04-16-2007, 10:18 PM

So do we get to take turns sleeping with Tyler now?
Old 04-17-2007, 12:43 AM

I'll meet ya'll for breakfast Sat. Morn before heading over to Lewisville if you want. Got somewhere in mind? McKinney possibly? Whataburger? McDonalds? Dairy Queen?

After Dyno, I'll be going to Sedalia......until ???? (very late)

Quick Reply: TXDTR#8 (North Texas DTR) April Meet