Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

TNDTR 1st Annual Diesel Dyno Smoke em' if you got em bash!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If i was coming that way anytime soon it would but i need to get it done soon as my Smarty on #7 is slipping the stocker.
Old 11-21-2006, 10:03 PM

i've got injectors sitting in the garage, and water meth on the way... if i can get and intercooler in this thing and open up the exuast i might just make an ok showing at the dyno day!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Chapter President

I might have the edge by then. Still toying with other ideas in my head. Kinda want to get some onboard air on the truck. Tired of parking my trailer at the bottom of the driveway and going out to get something and finding, after being loaded that my slow leak on one of my trailer tires is back. So then your hunting air. Also really would like to get a train horn set up!!

I stopped last night after my toy building gig to get diesel fuel. Guy said this is regular diesel and over there is biodiesel. Sure enough B20, "safe for all diesel engines" on the side of the pump at the Shell station. So I thought, what the heck. Filled her plumb full of it. Then I took off for home hauling a tandem axle, 14K trailer with a John Deere 240 skid steer on it. I noticed no difference in how she pulled the hills. I am comparing to the Takeuchi mini excavator I hauled 2 weeks ago, which was 7500#'s plus trailer. The truck performed the same as far as I felt, exhaust smells different, pee-U!! So I figure I keep running it, I'll just fill up when I am up there. It was 2.49/gallon, .20 less than straight diesel. Oh yeah for anyone who wants to know it is the mallory lane exit on I-65. If your south bound from Nashville go right and there will be a Shell station on the right about 3 stop lights down. It's on the corner of a big intersection and the B20 pump sits off to the side away from the other pumps.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:55 AM
Chapter President

bump...............
Old 12-13-2006, 09:48 AM

count me in. i've had a couple of cars dynoed at that shop....nice place.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:56 AM

Boz007,
Cedar City Diesel (Meacham Evins) in Lebanon or Underwood Tire (Joe Underwood) in Dickson are both places WELL versed in South Bend Clutches.

They'll do you RIGHT. Tell them Andy and Cotton sent you.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by AndyMan
Boz007,
Cedar City Diesel (Meacham Evins) in Lebanon or Underwood Tire (Joe Underwood) in Dickson are both places WELL versed in South Bend Clutches.

They'll do you RIGHT. Tell them Andy and Cotton sent you.

Ive actually spoken to Meacham and he is the one that will be doin it. I just have to get the clutch rebuilt first and with SBC workin on this new design, i think ill hold off till they make sure they can make my DD into the new DD.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:59 PM

That new spring relieved hub design that Peters been working on? It'll be the first of it's kind. I'd definately say it'll be worth the wait. I had an EEP DD clutch in my 12v. No springs... and was certainly NO fun to drive.

Glad you hooked up with Meacham. He's a great guy.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by AndyMan
That new spring relieved hub design that Peters been working on? It'll be the first of it's kind. I'd definately say it'll be worth the wait. I had an EEP DD clutch in my 12v. No springs... and was certainly NO fun to drive.

Glad you hooked up with Meacham. He's a great guy.

Thats the one. I cant wait for some reviews on it.
Old 12-16-2006, 12:20 PM
Chapter President

Hey!!! I just had an idea for a meet-ish greet-ish type of thing. Open to anyone who wants to go if you can make it, if not...no big deal. On January 12th and 13th they are having a tractor pull in Murfreesboro at the ????? coliseum(yeah, probably not spelled right but tractor pulls are on tv now so gotta hurry....plus I got a bit of the idiot thing going on). They are running on friday night 6:30 til ??? and saturday 12 noon is the second session and another the third session is saturday night at 6:30. I'll find out more, it's in my december issue of the farmers exchange. We could me a bit early to get seats together, could give out my cell number and you call we all go in and enjoy the show. Just a thought for our first meet of 07'.
Old 12-16-2006, 02:15 PM
KVD

If I feel good enough I plan to come.

I won't have a cummins by then (really I just hope to be back drivin after this wreck) but I'll try and make just to see some smoke.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:53 PM

I'm glad you said something about that tractor/truck pull. I saw a couple videos of some trucks pullin from earlier this year. It's pretty crazy cause it's indoors. A couple trucks hit the barrier at the end of the track. One hit pretty good and the sled smashed into him.

Keep us updated on info for it. I've got a couple friends that'll show up.

I can't wait to get back on the dyno. I had 349/748 before, and I just put a Edge Comp on. She's running real strong. Just trying to make the clutch last
Old 12-16-2006, 06:23 PM
KVD

Yeah last year at the pull the sheids truck (red quad cab 3/4 ton w/duals) ran into the sand hard. They had to pull the truck ut of the sand and it did soemthin to the intercooler.

There wasn't but on powersmoke there last year that they couldn't get to start after sparyin it with ether and one cool old 1st gen red 3/4 ton.
Old 12-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Chapter President

Hey guys, I just posted over in our discussion thread that I propose we have a joint chapter meeting for this dyno day you have planned. Let me know wht you think, and we can maybe start a new thread also.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:37 PM

as long as i don't lose my spot i'm all for it!

Quick Reply: TNDTR 1st Annual Diesel Dyno Smoke em' if you got em bash!!!