Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.
View Poll Results: What Weekend?
August 25
23.08%
Labor Day
76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AggieJustin
It was a tossup on the dry ground of Sedalia or the water of Lake Murray. So my plan is to drown the Sedalia chiggers in Lake Murray on Sunday or Monday.

I'll let you know if I'll be meeting you there or not. If he and I can both get away early enough on Friday, she's going to ride to Ardmore with me on Friday and going to stay at her Mom's till I head back that way on Sunday. Might even come out to the races. All depends on schedules...
I guess that's not a real hard choice.

Let us know....................
Old 08-27-2007, 12:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by crobtex
Now I'm really confused..........I thought you could use a regular FM radio, like in my truck, and just set it to a certain channel to pick up the sat.
Yep you can do that. That type setup uses a inline splice for the FM antenna. goes from antenna to XM wire to Radio FM input.

If you do it that way you can get any radio on the market you want

If you want to have controls on the radio you buy as well as better quality sound (you prolly dont care) then you need an XM ready unit
Old 08-27-2007, 12:46 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Brian........I gave your bed roll to Mike this evening......to pass on to you for this Friday.

and also....Rob.....your TX flag camp chair is with Mike too.

I think that is all that was left at my place from the last GTG.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:48 AM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
I thought one of the Flux's major benefits (and significant factor in their price $$$) was the size & quality of the EDM'd holes - atomizing the fuel and maintaining a precise spray pattern.

Anyway - who cares!
Glad you stepped up to some killer sticks!

Small technicality....but just an FYI. The Mach Injectors are for 2nd gens. and the FLUX injectors are for 3rd gens. and BOTH are excellent for their respective engines!

Hoping for some Flux injectors someday for mine!
Old 08-27-2007, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
It was a tossup on the dry ground of Sedalia or the water of Lake Murray. So my plan is to drown the Sedalia chiggers in Lake Murray on Sunday or Monday.

Lake Murray is awesome! Very pretty. They have a really nice off-road park there that has camping etc. right off of Highway 70. Prob not to far from Rowlands. If yall ever wanted to do a GTG up there it would make an excellent place for it.....ATV riding or not.

Old 08-27-2007, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
....Rob.....your TX flag camp chair is with Mike too.

Thanks Robert
Have fun at Murray (don't forget about the snakes in the lake
I would rather take my chance with chiggers.

~Rob
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 AM

Charlie,
We still wiring in the inverter this weekend?

~Rob
Old 08-27-2007, 07:15 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
[QUOTE=TexasCTD;1666332]Lake Murray is awesome! Very pretty. They have a really nice off-road park there that has camping etc. right off of Highway 70. Prob not to far from Rowlands. If yall ever wanted to do a GTG up there it would make an excellent place for it.....ATV riding or not.
[QUOTE]

Sounds like fun!

MikeyB
Old 08-27-2007, 07:28 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by hotdram
Charlie,
We still wiring in the inverter this weekend?

~Rob
It's already fixed. Yesterday, a guy I had met a couple of times and has 40+ yrs rv repair came by and fixed it. Turns out, as I suspected, someone had messed with it before. The charge wire from the battery only had 4 or 5 wire strands connected at a wire nut and was hot and probably arcing. Also, they had put a 20/15A breaker and 20A 12v fuse it and it shout have been a 30/20A and 30A, 12v. Anyway, it's working now, but I'll hang on to the new one for awhile just to be sure.

If I can find one today, I will have a radio and 12v reciptical to put in the camper.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
Yep that's the idea I just didn't expect such a large stick to be sooo cool and produce very little smoke
You may be the first to have a Jammer vs Mach comparison. (First reliable comparison report I've seen). Worth a post to let others, looking at cost vs value, know the difference. Confirms what I always suspected about Jammers. Good price but not impressive technology! Never understood cutting corners when dealing with precision parts and 17,000 psi fuel pressures.JMO. I'm also convinced towing moderate to heavy with bigger than Mach 4's is a mistake...... without twins.... and Don's injectors!

RJ
Old 08-27-2007, 08:00 AM

Originally Posted by hotdram
Thanks Robert
Have fun at Murray (don't forget about the snakes in the lake
I would rather take my chance with chiggers.
~Rob
Lake Murry STILL noted for it's snake population. When I first arrived in OK in the 70's you could not swim there. I actually witnessed a "swarm" of water mocacasins...just like in 'Lonesome Dove' !

I'm open ended on staying Sunday Night. Depends on my dog sitter's schedule. Right now I have to at least head home Sunday (only an Hr away) sometime to put out food & water. Can come back if others are staying!

RJ
Old 08-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by RowJ
You may be the first to have a Jammer vs Mach comparison. (First reliable comparison report I've seen). Worth a post to let others, looking at cost vs value, know the difference. Confirms what I always suspected about Jammers. Good price but not impressive technology! Never understood cutting corners when dealing with precision parts and 17,000 psi fuel pressures.JMO. I'm also convinced towing moderate to heavy with bigger than Mach 4's is a mistake...... without twins.

RJ
Going to wait on the post until I get mine sold first!! I was very worried about towing temps, was actually considering hanging on to the Jammers until I was sure, but 100* day 10k+ load me beating it with TST on or on Level 1 temps were never a problem!! Pyro was useless!

I sent an email to Don M about whether these were the new design and what the new design meant
My answer was they were the new design, meaning they have a staggered hole pattern to add strength and efficiency in hopes of a real hotrod pump for our trucks.

I'll totally agree with your last statement! Don't think towing heavy would ever be possible with 6.5s and a big single!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by bnold
Going to wait on the post until I get mine sold first!! .....

I sent an email to Don M about ...what the new design meant
My answer was they were the new design, meaning they have a staggered hole pattern to add strength and efficiency in hopes of a real hotrod pump for our trucks.
That sounds like his third (or forth, or tenth) generation design!
Two-three yrs ago the difference had to do with # of holes, spray angle and individual hole finishing....as I recall from my conversation with Don.
At that time, he was only applying this technology to 1.6's, 4's and 6's.... but I assume all that has changed, due to success of his redesign. I'm sure you have the lattest & greatest... based on your towing results. I'd also bet he doesn't talk about everything he has modified in his injectors.

Did he do anything to them to help with double clutching the SBC?

With those injectors, and a 3rd gear launch, I would expect low 14's....maybe high 13's at Ardmore... you think?
Need some high test H2O/Meth?

RJ
Old 08-27-2007, 10:32 AM

I'm sure his responses are limited in design for good reason...

Not having to double clutch near as much.. Sometimes 2nd to 3rd still needs some persuasion.. Its starting to loosen up a bit..

Id expect high 14s low 15s!! Still a stick and a truck trans! Not that hunk of car G56!

I do need some more water meth though...

Oh Ya and some rims!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:36 AM

Guys......just a suggestion for next year.......The Schied Show was awesome! TONS of trucks.....3 days off pulling and Drag Raceing.....Would be worth the trip...

Was even a 2003 Ranger with a Twin Turbo 4BTA there! Very nice.....

Quick Reply: Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet