Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.
View Poll Results: What Weekend?
August 25
23.08%
Labor Day
76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bnold
Hey someone pm me Rob's number!

Brian...Just sent it
Old 08-26-2007, 01:04 PM

Those Sedalia chiggers are fierce!

I heard that they only infest the enclosed nether regions, though; so.... if you was nekked, wouldn't they just hop on over to the next guy?
Old 08-26-2007, 01:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XLR8R
I heard that they only infest the enclosed nether regions,
And you heard they don't bite naked bodies from whom??

Put my new (used) racing tires on yesterday to ck. for slow leaks, etc. Truck sure does drive differently with stock sized tires.... and being 2" lower (35" to 31") may not sound like much but sure looks and feels strange. Moves all my shift points lower around town, too.

Brian, Any idea if your Mach Injectors are the newer technology from 2 yrs ago (less smoke and more HP).... or the previous spray angles, like my Mach 4's. Assuming they were purchased fairly recently... they should be the former.
My 6's have less smoke than did my 4's so may work for you towing, especially with the 6 speed.Just need to keep RPM's up.

RJ
Old 08-26-2007, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Injectors are very new. I'll ask Don if they are the new design or not. I'm pretty sure they are though. Smoke seems less than my Jammers and heat is approx the same as well... Seems odd as these are supposed to support so much more HP??

Will be doing some more towing and testing to see, but so far I am impressed with the smoke/heat levels... Seems very tow worthy with the twins

Keep your tire guys eyes open for me, cant get ahold of my craigslist guy..
Old 08-26-2007, 02:13 PM

Keep your tire guys eyes open for me, cant get ahold of my craigslist guy..
Have him, and his father (owner) looking for you. They told me they can see 2 sets in a week.... or go three months w/o any!

RJ
Old 08-26-2007, 02:21 PM

I thought one of the Flux's major benefits (and significant factor in their price $$$) was the size & quality of the EDM'd holes - atomizing the fuel and maintaining a precise spray pattern.

Anyway - who cares!
Glad you stepped up to some killer sticks!
Old 08-26-2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
I thought one of the Flux's major benefits (and significant factor in their price $$$) was the size & quality of the EDM'd holes - atomizing the fuel and maintaining a precise spray pattern.

Anyway - who cares!
Glad you stepped up to some killer sticks!
Yep that's the idea I just didn't expect such a large stick to be sooo cool and produce very little smoke
Old 08-26-2007, 04:18 PM
Chapter President

Which should I go with for the camper? It will be an MP3 friendly unit at a cost of $100 or so.

Kenwood ?

Pioneer ?

JVC ?

Sony ?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:17 PM

Are you going to use an external xm reciever with the radio reciever? Or use a radio reciever that is XM ready and use the xm through the reciever itself?

In other words are you going to use a portable XM module that will connect to the radio or an all in one unit??

Confused with my question yet?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:21 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm in for fajitas. Leaving out on Sunday morning.

So who is heading to Ardmore for the races? Depending on my schedule, I may be looking to hitch a ride with someone headed that direction. Since I know I don't really need my truck at the track, she's definitely not a racer.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Chapter President

Are you going to use an external xm reciever with the radio reciever? Or use a radio reciever that is XM ready and use the xm through the reciever itself?

In other words are you going to use a portable XM module that will connect to the radio or an all in one unit??

Confused with my question yet?
HUH?

I'm going thru the radio so I can use satillite in the truck and camper. I'll probably go with Sirius.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:38 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
I'm in for fajitas. Leaving out on Sunday morning.

So who is heading to Ardmore for the races? Depending on my schedule, I may be looking to hitch a ride with someone headed that direction. Since I know I don't really need my truck at the track, she's definitely not a racer.
10-4 on the fajitas.

Sunday morning?..........Is the nose ring getting tighter? (been there)

I think RJ said we were leaving The Ranch at 4:00. Come on up, I'm sure your truck won't mind keeping my slow, last century truck company.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by crobtex
HUH?

I'm going thru the radio so I can use satillite in the truck and camper. I'll probably go with Sirius.
Then the reciever you put in the camper really doesn't matter, get what you like just make sure it is XM ready. That will allow for the XM input.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:44 PM
Chapter President

Then the reciever you put in the camper really doesn't matter, get what you like just make sure it is XM ready. That will allow for the XM input.
Now I'm really confused..........I thought you could use a regular FM radio, like in my truck, and just set it to a certain channel to pick up the sat.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:52 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by crobtex
10-4 on the fajitas.

Sunday morning?..........Is the nose ring getting tighter? (been there)

I think RJ said we were leaving The Ranch at 4:00. Come on up, I'm sure your truck won't mind keeping my slow, last century truck company.
It was a tossup on the dry ground of Sedalia or the water of Lake Murray. So my plan is to drown the Sedalia chiggers in Lake Murray on Sunday or Monday.

I'll let you know if I'll be meeting you there or not. If he and I can both get away early enough on Friday, she's going to ride to Ardmore with me on Friday and going to stay at her Mom's till I head back that way on Sunday. Might even come out to the races. All depends on schedules...

Quick Reply: Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet