Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Renegade Diesel Performance's "Spring Fling" at Kauffman Motorsports....

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2005, 09:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Renegade Diesel Performance's "Spring Fling" at Kauffman Motorsports....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Saturday, April 30, 2005 Renegade Diesel Performance will be hosting Spring Dyno Day at Kauffman Motor Sports.This dyno event is part ‘thanks’ to our many loyal customers, part 1 year anniversary for RDP, and a large part being just an excuse to get all of our friends, new and old, together for some serious soot eatin’, diesel breathin’, exhaust smokin’ fun!

This event will be very similar to the events held by the Mason Dixon Turbo Diesel Club, but with RDP playing host. We invite any diesel owner to bring their truck to this one-day event. There is no charge to attend the event, but if you do chose to dyno Kauffman’s does charge a fee. RDP will be supplying burgers and hot dogs and we ask that if you come and eat that you bring a covered dish so all who attend will be able to eat as well.

Another new twist to this event will be the prize structure. RDP has asked Andy Mulherin (Hammer) to help make this event a success, and as always Andy has some spectacular ideas for this dyno event. The prize structure for some of the biggest events has always been a bit one sided, and has given those who pull out all the stops to make the most power the advantage. This time Andy has come up with a great way for all diesel owners, from mild to wild, to participate and have a chance to win. His idea: guess your horsepower number! One (1) prize will be awarded to each of the 3 diesel owners who come the closest on the dyno to their pre-chosen horsepower number.

So shine up the rig, come and throw down some burgers, hang with some other diesel nuts, and dyno if you dare!
Need directions to Kauffmans? www.kauffmanmotorsports.com

Interested in the MDTDC? www.masondixontdc.com

Want more information on the RDP Dyno Day? scott@renegadedieselperformance.com

*This event is rain or shine. Hours are 8 a.m. until the last truck is off the dyno. An RSVP for a more accurate head count is always appreciated by not mandatory. If you would like to let us know you will be attending, e-mail us with the number of guests, or Nextel Scott*

Our pledge to you: If you don’t leave with soot all over your face, we’ll make you stand closer to the exhaust pipes!
Old 01-26-2005, 09:43 AM

I'll be there!

-Will
Old 01-26-2005, 01:00 PM

You know I'm in, Andy. Please let me know if I can be any help.

Scott
Old 01-26-2005, 05:00 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
I'll come - I want to see how much the water/meth makes. I'm gonna say 310 HP with the "bug juice".
Old 01-27-2005, 08:52 AM
Banned

A Few Notes and answers of some questions I have recieved....
-We are working on the "no stacks" issue right now and should by the dyno event have our solution ready.The reason for the stack owners not being allowed to dyno is for health reasons as Ernie and the gang would like all the exhaust soot vented outside.Most all of the inside crew was sick for a time after Fall Brawl and we are going to try and prevent any more health issues.What we are going to do is make a set of extensions to slide on top of the stacks with a anchoring point so we can use a rachet strap to tie down the extensions and hold them to the owners bed.This way Kauffman's will be able to attach the exhaust tubes to the end at the tailgate and exhaust the soot outside.If owners prefer to drop their flex pipes they will allow for the shop use and provide what tools we need to get the job done.

-Duallies...
It would be best for those owners to remove the outside tires as it will speed up the process in dynoing.Kauffman's will allow us to use their shop and air tools to aid in this and make it easier to do this.Those owners can use just their inside tires or maybe some of the club members with extra sets of wheels will bring them along for you guys to use.

-BBQ/Cookout
Scott and Joy are going to provide some of the food and the rest will be brought by the rest of us.I will make sure we have the use of the large grill we had at Fall Brawl to help the cooks and make thier job easier.Gang,in this area some who come never bring anything and when all is said and done we end up going for more food,lets try and have more than enough so we do not need to run and buy more.All help in this area as always is greatly appreciated.

-Award Winners
The way this is going to work is this.There will be an award given to each brand of diesel,Dodge,Ford and Chevy/GMC(these will be combined) by RDP.To win this RDP award you will have to guess how much HP your truck will make and be the closest to the number guessed,Actual torque made will break any ties in each class.So here is how you will do this for the show.Take a 3x5 card and put all the info on it and it will have your dyno position number on it.Your name will be posted on the board and you will have to make sure you keep track of how close we are for you.I would like to keep at least the next 3 trucks in line warmed and ready at the north end of the driveway as we have done in the past.You will enter the bay at your turn and give Dave and me your card and then tell me what you guess is for your truck.The owner closest to his guess for the day will be determined the winner.We will use actual torque made to break any ties as I have already said.

This way all owners,regardless of HP,can have a shot at winning a award.I know this deal may not be popular with the high HP owners,but,there are still two standing Kauffman's diesel records to attack,Jetpilots 886hp on drugs and F8TLDOSE's 789hp on #2.I also do understand that some owners who may come have never dynoed and it may be their first diesel.However they have purchased their trucks for their own desires and knowledge of its power and they should be able to make a educated guess.If they have a tough time I am certain we can help them make a educated guess and get them close.

I hope this helps with some of the questions............Andy
Old 01-27-2005, 09:07 AM

Sounds like a good procedure, Andy. I am always happy to help with food by bringing my standard baked goods, but I can always contribute something else as well.

Scott
Old 01-27-2005, 11:07 AM
Banned

I will be there, my new clutch goes in very soon hopefully, and i hope to have a set of injectors with a comp box installed, looking to break the 375 mark
Old 02-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Muted User

Hey Count us in. dont know if were gonna dyno yet but we may have a few things up our sleeves. If we pull that stuff out from our sleeve were hoping to break the big 500 mark, but if not just 450-460 will be fine.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:51 AM

I'll be there
Old 03-01-2005, 10:06 PM

We also hope to attend this great event.
Go to a diesel truck event and go see my Grand Daughter all in the same trip.

See Ya
Chris
Old 03-02-2005, 11:18 AM

This is going to be my first diesel dyno event. I will be attneding with Will and Tex and hopefully some more of our buddies as long as we can get them to get off the lazy butts and come down. I live right behind Kauffmans about 2 miles so maybe after the event and the race that night that I have to attend I can have a small gathering back at my homestead lol.
Old 03-07-2005, 06:51 PM

count me in , and my buddy might have me tow his 05 powerjoke down too if its back together in time.
Old 04-05-2005, 08:09 PM

Important info on show

Due to unforseen and uncontrolable events we (RDP) are going to have to pull out of the show. Andy is contemplating keeping the show alive but thats his decision. This is hard for me but it can't be avoided.
I appoligize to all.

Scott@RDP
Old 04-05-2005, 08:33 PM

Thats not good to hear, but when things come up what can ya do. Hope the event still happens.
Old 04-06-2005, 12:33 AM
Banned

INPUT is needed ASAP....

To those who are coming to this show...
Well I am about as shocked about this when the call came to me earlier tonite and do not know what to say.Its a unfortunate turn of events I did not expect and now will need input from those here to help decide on what we do next.Its not fair to Kauffman's if we drag this out and cancell at the last minute so those who are interested need to help decide if we continue or cancell it.To continue there are some things we will have to different which is no big deal to me.To have this show now we will do it "Old School " style and just make it a dyno rip,BBQ,B.O.M.Bing session and fill it with a huge amount of BSing(complete with pictures of Lloyd trying to sabotage Dockboy's Phord again,since the rumors are he was so scared of Greg's Phord he traded to a truck with less power and his dually is gone now).No prizes will be handed out and no contests will be run,it will just be a roll and eat day.

With that said,to do this we will need to post what food we are going to bring and make sure we don't run out this time.I will also need to have a couple of gas grills brought in as I don't have the funds to rent the big one we used at Fall Brawl since I am not working,nor,can I lift it right now to bring it up.We will also need a couple of volunteers to cook and someone to help me in the bay.I,myself,say we roll old style and have a fun time anyway.Its up to all of us to decide so post up your decision or food to be brought if you want to keep it in place.Lets hear it folks,what do we want to do?........Andy

Quick Reply: Renegade Diesel Performance's "Spring Fling" at Kauffman Motorsports....