Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

NTX-DTR#8 ROctober @ HRP

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
NTX-DTR#8 ROctober @ HRP

'Bout time for the new monthly thread!

Next weekend at HRP (TX Diesel Nationals) :

Who's coming?
When? Where?

Especially any new people that want to meet & greet...
Old 10-08-2007, 01:48 AM

I am planning to leave Friday late morning/noonish to head to Diesel Innovations with the trailer in tow. Don't know from there what time im leaving DI, but will then be headed over to Baytown to stake a claim on a piece of parking lot....probably after rush hour. (Does rush hour ever end in Houston?)

Jared is coming with me and will be bunking with me. I know Mike and Evan will be staying with us in the top queen. BrIan has claimed a bed. And we still have a bed and more floor space for anybody that wants to use it. Generator and plenty of water will be onboard!

Tentatively planning to leave Sunday when the events are done and head back to Big D.

There should be quite a few guys from DTR coming around. For those going to Tyler's place......when you get to Baytown, come on by and say hi and have a cold one! Hopefully we can meet some new guys and make some new friends!
Old 10-08-2007, 09:13 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I'm in...

Gotta change the oil on the truck sometime on Friday morning, then I'll be headed south. Hopefully I'll get away early enough to miss rush hour wherever I go.
Old 10-10-2007, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its been a long time since I have gotten to hang out with you guys and I have been really looking forward to this event. I am going to try my hardest to make it down, but I cant make any promises. My mother flys in Friday for the only weekand she has before my brother and I deploy so she wants to hang out, but I am going to see if maybe she would be interested in making it down for a few hours and meeting some of you guys. Shes the coolest mom ever who loves this sorta stuff so I am hoping things work out well. Also my new box should be in this Friday so hopefully I can get the CAT delete put on before I come down and if possible maybe one of you guys could help me put on my AFE stage 2 for some beer if were on some downtime.. I will let you guys know though.

Kyle
Old 10-10-2007, 02:27 PM

Just park as close as you can to to Team XLR8R territory - I'm sure we scrounge up any tools you need!

- and tell your Mom she gets FREE Salsa lessons if she hangs...
Old 10-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Just park as close as you can to to Team XLR8R territory - I'm sure we scrounge up any tools you need!

- and tell your Mom she gets FREE Salsa lessons if she hangs...
Thanks boss! I will let you guys know what pans out. Relatives usually always come in at the wrong times.

Kyle
Old 10-15-2007, 10:21 AM
Chapter President

Mike, I'm thinking it'll be next weekend before I can get the hardware for the plate, but otherwise I like it, thanks.
It was good to see everyone again and to put some more faces with names.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:25 AM

good time guys! thanks to everyone who helped with the fass!!! good to see everyone else as well!!!
Old 10-15-2007, 10:27 AM
Chapter President

Yeah, I can't say I "helped" with the install, I just stole ya'lls tools while you were using some of mine.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:26 AM

Glad you like it, Matt

Sorry y'all had to rush off - I was busier than a one-legged man in a butt-kickin' contest fixing parts!

PM me your address and I'll ship the SS hardware you need to mount that fuel plate so it looks real purty...
Old 10-15-2007, 12:56 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great time in Houston!
Hope Mike made lots of good contacts....he sure was in demand for his welding!
Charlie couldn't make it....hope all is going well in Round Rock, with the family?
Robert...thanks for the shade and the place to hang out. Was an excellent idea bringing the hauler!
Great meeting some new faces and seeing the once a yr people we only see there.

I left tools...wheels.... and tires scattered around Houston! Will be a miracle if they all find their way home;
but, no complaints, that's what helping out is all about!
Long six hrs getting home..... but I deserve pain & suffering for being so stupid friday night at the track!

Hope the Houston members...get that DTR club going!! Good luck Sam!

RJ
Old 10-15-2007, 01:57 PM

Found some info on that Mechanical Converted PSD:

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...89319918aNOMqY

Been doing some reading on what type of pump....not a Cat Pump......some say a MACK 700 HP Pump (like off a tank...) and some are now saying a pair of 4BT P-Pumps....like it looked....so....either way...it works! haha....
Old 10-15-2007, 02:56 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Good seeing everyone again. Hope that everyone made it home without any trouble...

I managed to cover the ~300 miles back home in 4 hours 10 minutes, including the standard slow traffic leaving Houston on 45 and a fuel stop. Gotta love finding a good group of traffic to run with.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:11 PM

ALSO...had a blast again....great to meet some new faces....and some of the "Infamous" BCS boys....which are not that bad really....laughed my butt off on Fri night! haha...

I got a little side tracked during the day meeting with vendors and such...AND wished i watch more Drag racing.......but eh....had a fun time either way! All that mattered is the Tex-Mex dinner sat night! MAN that was good again...as usual
Old 10-15-2007, 03:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
....great to meet some new faces....and some of the "Infamous" BCS boys....which are not that bad really....laughed my butt off on Fri night! haha...
I was shocked to find out Tyler & Scotty are the quiet ones in that group!
Agree...fun bunch of crazys!

RJ

Quick Reply: NTX-DTR#8 ROctober @ HRP