Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Next so cal chapter meet and greet...

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2005, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Next so cal chapter meet and greet...

Ok.. Ive got a couple ideas... Bombing party, or camping up towards pismo.. come on guys.. chime in, and let me know what you want.. I know Ive got gauges I will want to install.. probably fairly soon, and judging by the caliber of dudes at the last event, I know they can get done pretty easily without screwing anything up TOO bad
Scott
Old 07-24-2005, 11:18 PM

That would work. Also it would be cool/fun to run the trucks and blow some smoke, on the road and or off.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:25 PM

Sounds good to me! Either way. Hopefully I'll have the stacks on by then!
Old 07-24-2005, 11:31 PM

yeah.. I was also looking into doing a BHAF, but its not looking like its going to fit with my air compressor mounted on the motor, and Im not willing to lose it.. so I may just have to go with an AFE or similar...

Here's a pic of the compressor mount.. anyone got any ideas if the BHAF will fit?

Scott
Old 07-25-2005, 12:26 AM

either sounds good.. I wouldn't mind doing/learning the guage the guage install... That is the next thing on mine when I figure out where to mount them.

I think I have to run mine back to the dealer though. I have a tick/clack that is getting louder. When it is in netrual it has the smooth desiel sound but when I put it in Rev or Drive it gets a clacking sound...

Gerry
Old 07-25-2005, 01:05 AM

Originally posted by gerry
either sounds good.. I wouldn't mind doing/learning the guage the guage install... That is the next thing on mine when I figure out where to mount them.

I think I have to run mine back to the dealer though. I have a tick/clack that is getting louder. When it is in netrual it has the smooth desiel sound but when I put it in Rev or Drive it gets a clacking sound...

Gerry
Gerry, Id get it to a dealer soon.. that COULD be an injector leaking... Id get it fixed pronto.
Scott
Old 07-25-2005, 09:34 AM

going in today but I don't have much faith in the dealer here by my house....
I have a feeling it might be in the trans. It only does it after the truck has been driven for a mile or so. Almost sounds like loose TC/flexplate bolts...

I'll let you all know what it turns out to be (if they find anything)....

Gerry
Old 07-25-2005, 02:59 PM

Originally posted by gerry
going in today but I don't have much faith in the dealer here by my house....
I have a feeling it might be in the trans. It only does it after the truck has been driven for a mile or so. Almost sounds like loose TC/flexplate bolts...

I'll let you all know what it turns out to be (if they find anything)....

Gerry

Keep us posted Gerry.
Old 07-25-2005, 04:31 PM

Ran it over to the dealer and got the Don't hear anything... I called my cousin (fleet diesel mechanic) got him out of bed and took it over to his house.. he said it is not a metal on metal sound but was a detonation sound. He had me rev it up a little with my foot on the brake it it got quieter. told me its just a low idle and detonation gets louder under load. I'll keep an ear out for it to get louder. I see him at work every afternoon so I can bug him every day

Old 07-26-2005, 10:19 PM

Ok, its looking like Im going to be doing AT LEAST gauges sooon, and would like some help from the experts (Tye and Dusty)..... Who's down to help the chapter pres with some working space and maybe a few tools?
Scott
Old 07-26-2005, 10:34 PM

So it sounds like a bombing party and BBQ @ Dieseljunkie's house!
Old 07-26-2005, 10:38 PM

I'm in.... I'll see how easy it is in his then try mine... Looks like we are going to have alot of BBQ this summer!!!1
Old 07-26-2005, 10:44 PM

Tye, as cool as it would be at my house.. Ive barely got room to park my truck and jeep, let alone a bunch of other trucks wonder if my dad would let me use his shop for mods on a sunday afternoon, after they close?
Scott
Old 07-26-2005, 11:42 PM

DJ: I am by no means an expert. I have only done one installation, mine. However they still work and haven’t noticed any acrid smell or smoke yet. Looks like I did it right. Its not hard to do but it did take time. I wired the pod gauges up one evening after work, traced the wires I was going to tap into the next and finished the job on a Saturday. (Waiting for the flames as to how slow I am)
Dusty

Quick Reply: Next so cal chapter meet and greet...