Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

NC DTR Chapter

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2002, 08:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NC DTR Chapter

Calling all NC and surrounding states Cumins Turbo Diesel Trucks Owners.

This includes Male, Female, Young, the young at heart ;D, trucks with training wheels, trucks with out training wheels, under valved engines, over valved engines, stock trucks, BOMBed trucks, 1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen trucks. I think I have everyone listed, sorry if I left you out.

Here is the deal. There are a few of us turbo heads getting together the first weekend of December in Asheboro. MATDR meeting in Dec In this thread is the Campground information and plan for the day. Some folks are camping, some are visiting the NC Zoo, others shopping , while others are putting gauges in.

I would like to get everyone together around noon and eat some chili and hot dogs and talk about starting our chapter.

Then the Zoo visters can go off to the zoo and the shoppers can go do there thing and us BSers can do our thing as well.

Please post or send me a PM if you are coming out so I know how much chili to make.

Hope to see you on the 6th of Dec near Asheboro NC.
See Ya
Chris

Old 11-23-2002, 05:47 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re:NC DTR Chapter

Count me in. Hope we're in a wide open area with all that chile being ingested.<br><br>Do you need anything like crackers, drinks, (alcoholic or non included) or anything else. I can follow up with the proper amount when we find out how many are going to make the meeting.<br><br>Who's bringing the burnin barrell? It's going to be cold for sure.<br><br>Joel
Old 11-23-2002, 07:58 AM
Administrator

I'll be glad to participate.
Old 11-23-2002, 09:33 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Wifey tells me she will be on her annual Christmas shopping excursion with her sister and mother on this weekend. I will plan on making an appearance myself. I could use a little warmer climate and besides somebody will have to keep DD4x4 in line ;D
Old 11-23-2002, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The wife and I will be there also. ;D
Old 11-23-2002, 11:31 PM
Administrator

[quote author=Papa Smurf (CRuD) link=board=12;threadid=7427;start=0#71319 date=1038019304]<br>This includes Male, Female, Young, the young at heart ;D, trucks with training wheels, trucks with out training wheels, under valved engines, over valved engines, stock trucks, BOMBed trucks, 1st gen, 2nd gen and 3rd gen trucks. I think I have everyone listed, sorry if I left you out.[/quote]<br><br>You forgot gear grinders, slush buckets and brand X's.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:26 PM

Here is another one &quot;slow trucks and Fast trucks. ETC ETC ETC.<br><br>Thanks for getting this going. <br><br>Joel/Dennis/Scott<br> I would like to get the who is bringing what done on the 1 of Dec. I hope we have some numbers by then that we can use to plan this with.<br><br>I hope to be leaving home (about as far east as you can get in NC) at about 12 noon on Friday the 6th of Dec. We hope to get to the campground around 4 or 5 PM.<br><br>See Ya<br>Chris<br>
Old 11-24-2002, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Ev and I will bring hotdogs and hotdog buns (ketchup, mustard, etc.). We always have a pot of coffee on too. ;D
Old 11-24-2002, 08:22 PM

Don't forget about us. We will be camping, there will be the three of us. Just tell everybody what needs to be brought and I'm sure we all will volunteer for something. Maybe we can get another thread started with a list of what we need, and who will bring what. I will ask a stupid question, what is the DTR. I figured out that NC is North Carolina, but what does DTR mean? [undecided]<br><br>Kimrey
Old 11-24-2002, 08:39 PM

Dennis<br> Could you send that post again. When I pulled up this site I had a big cloud of white stuff come out of the key board. I am thinking that Joel had some help on the doughnuts. 8) ;D <br><br> Thanks Dennis<br> <br>About the only thing we need now is stuff to drink. We will be calling on the fire ring/barrel thing. With that said we will need some firewood.<br>Course it would be nice if Wes or Keith could join us so I would not get blamed for the camper lights some how going on in the middle of the night. 8) ;D 8)<br><br>Camper folks/hotel folks/everyone else<br> Pm me if you want to to a group dinner thing for Sat night and or Sun morning. I can bring the stuff to deep fry a turkey for dinner is need be. Thoughts?? Or we can do what ever.<br>See Ya<br>Chris
Old 11-24-2002, 08:46 PM

Man oh man did you leave yourself wide open.<br><br>Scott look at the screen, somewhere near the top do you see &quot;Diesel Truck Resource&quot; which is the same as DTR.<br><br>See ya soon<br>Chris
Old 11-25-2002, 08:43 AM
Administrator

[quote author=Papa Smurf (CRuD) link=board=12;threadid=7427;start=0#72029 date=1038192384]
Man oh man did you leave yourself wide open.

Scott look at the screen, somewhere near the top do you see &quot;Diesel Truck Resource&quot; which is the same as DTR.

See ya soon
Chris
[/quote]

OOPS!!,,,,,,,,,, So I should stop telling people it stands for
&quot;Dennis' Truck Register&quot; and &quot;Dennis Tway's Rams&quot;? ? ?
:
Old 11-25-2002, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Once again, I will bring drinks both alcoholic and non.<br>Let me know if there are any preferences. <br>I plan to bring several different brand name beers and soft drinks.
Old 11-25-2002, 11:20 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

So far still looks good for me to make this trip. I have lots of good seasoned firewood I will bring some down with me. I haven't looked at motels near there, if it isn't real cold I have a bed that goes in my truck I may just sleep in it. I doubt Asheboro will have those 25 degree nights we often have up on the ridgetop.
Sounds like a good get together.
Old 11-25-2002, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Sounds like Top has the fire wood thing covered Smurf, so I won't bring any.

Quick Reply: NC DTR Chapter