Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

N. Texas DTR#8 - July Meet

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
Congrats! That must feel same as a new DTT to us auto guys!
BUT...did he say how it will shift in the 1/4 mile? I know, I know....not your main interest... but that's just cause you haven't tried it yet!

Actually, have heard they work well at the track!
Starting out in third...anytime you want... cool.

RJ
Well I am told they will shift slower but the time lost from a 2nd to 3rd shift would have to be worth a lot!!!
Old 06-21-2007, 11:40 AM

Whoa money just left the checking acct... That hurts...
Old 06-21-2007, 11:43 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robert,
That kinda reminds me of "Deliverance".
Old 06-21-2007, 12:09 PM
Banned

To bad you didn't get a deal on one like my buddy and his brother got. I guess it does pay to be an existing customer.

I'm finally getting places with this new quad box. I'm impressed. Quad's been real nice to work with and very willing to listen to what I'm telling him. I will say this though, it fuels very hard on the bottom end. Maybe to hard. The truck bogged all the way through first gear from a standing stop full throttle launch. And it was only half way up.
Old 06-21-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
To bad you didn't get a deal on one like my buddy and his brother got. I guess it does pay to be an existing customer.

I'm finally getting places with this new quad box. I'm impressed. Quad's been real nice to work with and very willing to listen to what I'm telling him. I will say this though, it fuels very hard on the bottom end. Maybe to hard. The truck bogged all the way through first gear from a standing stop full throttle launch. And it was only half way up.
So.........it smokes.......
Old 06-21-2007, 12:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crobtex
Robert,
That kinda reminds me of "Deliverance".

Actually, I have been to the Chatooga River on the Georgia/NC border before where they filmed Deliverance!! and this area looked very similar...

But I didn't notice any latern faced banjo pickers while on our trip! Any uhhhhh activities taking place on our trip were confined to heterosexual activity only!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:14 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
Have heard it gorgeous there! Nice Pics.

Heard from El Presidente! Saw some pics of where he is hanging in Colo.... also beautiful!
And then there is flat...flooded...Southern Oklahoma.

RJ

Charlie sent some beautiful pics of Colorado!!! As beautiful as the Ouachita Area is....I have to agree Colorado is probably another step up. I have only been to Colorado once........to ski.....but im ready for another trip. Ahhhh...time and money.

And then there is flat...flooded.....North Texas
Old 06-21-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
So.........it smokes.......
Ohhhhhh I'd say just a little. How's 10-15' columns out of the stacks sound?
Old 06-21-2007, 12:37 PM

Well I'm sure if I had already bought a few FEs I would get a better deal... In the long run however I will have spent less!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Ohhhhhh I'd say just a little. How's 10-15' columns out of the stacks sound?
Hmmm. Sounds like you need twins!!
Old 06-21-2007, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
Well I'm sure if I had already bought a few FEs I would get a better deal... In the long run however I will have spent less!
hahaha....thats good right there....haha..... I think the whole B/CS chapter kept SBC Happy.....
Old 06-21-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned

Nah. Only Eric. And in reality he only bought one FE for the truck that the DD got put in. The other FE he had bought was for his old truck that he sold.

I'm up in the air right now about twins or a single with nitrous. I'm trying to look farther down the road this time on this purchase since it's the deciding factor on how I take the truck. I have a feeling I'll do twins but having 550-575hp and then flipping a switch and having over 750hp would sure be fun to.
Old 06-21-2007, 01:22 PM

Nah. Only Eric. And in reality he only bought one FE for the truck that the DD got put in. The other FE he had bought was for his old truck that he sold.

I'm up in the air right now about twins or a single with nitrous. I'm trying to look farther down the road this time on this purchase since it's the deciding factor on how I take the truck. I have a feeling I'll do twins but having 550-575hp and then flipping a switch and having over 750hp would sure be fun to.
Is there a law stating you cant have both??!!! haha....Keith was saying that nitorus kits were under $900.00 now....maybe more...i cant remember....i would just stink to get the bottle filled all the time......
Old 06-21-2007, 02:46 PM
Banned

I ain't worried about filling it all the time seeing as how it would get used for drag racing and dyno's and maybe a street run every now and again but I doubt that. I just don't think you could hold 750+hp on the street. That's why I keep leaning towards twins cause it's more power every day all day but been talking with some people and they are saying that a single with nitrous is going to be the quickest at the track so......
Old 06-21-2007, 04:14 PM
Banned

I just bought me a new billet input shaft. It's even the new one piece design. And the best part, I got it for less money than DTT charges and James said that it's a great shaft and to go ahead and get it. Now I just need to get the billet output, servo, accumulator, and apply lever and I'll be good to go.

Quick Reply: N. Texas DTR#8 - July Meet