Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Muncie reports?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2003, 12:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Muncie reports?

Anyone have any updates on Muncie?
Old 06-08-2003, 02:18 PM

Re:Muncie reports?

Yeah, It is still home of ******** Tech!
Old 06-08-2003, 02:27 PM

Well the dyno broke at the end of the first day after about 30-35 trucks had been run. Then today it was rained out at the track. A few people got to run a few times but I didn't :'(. The high from the dyno was 608hp by Andy of ADT. Sleddy won the 7200lb open class and Scheids won the 8200lb class. I also didn't get to dyno before it broke and I dont believe any west coast truck did.<br><br>That's all for now<br>Nathan
Old 06-08-2003, 04:44 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its a terrible thing to drive from that far away and have to go home without dynoing or dragging. <br><br>How would one determine the winner of the dyno event if the others did not get to even try?<br><br>Dern weather sometimes &gt;<br><br>I read on the other site that CC of ATS cracked off a 12.6 ET.<br><br>Very good.<br><br>Don~<br><br><br><br>
Old 06-08-2003, 05:03 PM
Banned

I pulled up there and fried my clutch. Other than that all went well, wish i could have pulled farther. Photos have been updated in the gallery on page 29. Wes
Old 06-08-2003, 05:25 PM

i just got home about 1hr or so ago!!! all i can say is<br> &quot;HOLY ****&quot; <br>just all out CRAZY time!! not anywhere close to what i was going to expect!! me and my freinds had a blast! just wish the drags didnt get rained out!! i have 4 rolls of film to get developed and i will put some of them up maybe from the pics u can find if it is ur truck or if u know whos truck it was! there was some many i couldnt put names with truck!! plus over 1hr or 2 of video from dynos to sled pulls and drags! man what a blast everybody was great and very nice!<br> I even got to drive a truck with a DTT trans and a few ponies!!! well that just pushed my over the edge the bug is in full effect!!
Old 06-08-2003, 06:58 PM

From what I have been reading on the other site, I am glad I did not go to Muncie. The dyno broke after about 30 trucks. Lots of carnaige at the sled pulls and the drags got rained out. That would have been a long drive for a cold beer.

Idaho CTD,
I thought you wasn't going to Muncie? Just couldn't stay away?
Old 06-08-2003, 07:02 PM

Here is a quote from Justin about what happened at Muncie.<br><br>
<br>Showdown at Muncie Mitchell vs. Scheid <br>8000 Open class saturday night Pulls @ Thunder in Muncie. <br>The event of the night. <br>Smokin' Dave Mitchell Vs The Scheid truck (Kent Crowder, Dan Scheid) <br><br>Mitchell was out before Scheid (amongst a host of other trucks). <br><br>The Mitchell truck spooled and came out shakey and let out. <br>The operators pulled the sled back, Dave tried again and it was about the same. <br>This time Dave unhooked and drove the truck to the parking lot. <br><br>Couple trucks later Scheids truck rolls out of the woodwork and hooks to the sled. <br><br>Start of the pull: <br>Spoooooooooooooooooooooll Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee <br>Kent takes off out of the hole spinning tires all the way and shooting smoke out of the one stack protruding from the hood (probably 100 feet in the air). <br>At about 250 feet the truck was still accelerating (where everyone else was dying). <br>About 275 the track started to bite, but he still managed a 300+ foot pull. <br>I forget the exact number, but the crowd went absolutely nuts! <br><br>Other pulls that stood out to me were. <br>Genes win in the 7200 open, an obvious win. Sledpuller had the chargers lit real well. <br><br>Rob Thomas' pull in one of the street classes (good one!). <br>Clint Cannon of ATS had some good pulls with the Duramax. <br><br>Van Haisley had a good win, I think it was the 7200 street (I forget exactly). <br><br>Haisley's twinned truck broke, if I remember correctly popped a gasket or chargers (dont know for sure). <br><br>The EEP/Mitchell truck that is Bronze/Brown color also demonstrated some great pulls last night. <br><br>J.R. Adkins blew a charger in about 5 seconds, had it lit and sent it into orbit. <br><br>Curt Haisley also sent his charger into orbit as he started his spool. <br><br>Mike Meinecke (ATS Diesel) (Twins, Nitrous, ATS auto) <br>Mike had a great pull until his Dana 70 decided to check out of the hotel (without him). I think his pull was 260 feet (dont remember for sure). <br><br>Sean ATS Powerstroke pulled twice, second time broke his front right hub. <br><br>Strick9 Broke something at about 200 feet (not sure what happend, looked bad though). <br><br><br>Congratulations to the Scheid Truck pulling Team. <br>You guys proved AGAIN that you are #1. <br>GO INDIANA! <br>
<br>
Old 06-08-2003, 08:47 PM

We should have had a DTR meeting or even some kind of sticker so we could know who was who. I was there and only met 6 fellow DTR members. <br>DM01
Old 06-08-2003, 10:35 PM

Someone wrapped Caution tape all the way around Peter from SBC's Aztek at the drag strip!! <br><br>Merrick Cummings KDP struck his 98.5 longhorn truck 100 miles from Muncie, they did get it there though!<br><br>Attendance of this years event seemed to be double what last year was!!<br><br>TDK did not bring his truck to race me (what a suprise!) ;D<br><br>Stake you were missed at Muncie!<br><br>--Justin<br><br><br><br>
Old 06-08-2003, 10:55 PM
Chapter President

Definetly should have set a meeting time and or place for a DTR meeting @ Muncie. I was there and didn't see a single person from DTR. Maybe next year...CC.
Old 06-09-2003, 12:55 AM

[quote author=PourinDiesel link=board=12;threadid=15652;start=0#147211 date=1055129757]<br>Stake you were missed at Muncie!<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm not sure how to take that.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:03 AM

[quote author=StakeMan link=board=12;threadid=15652;start=0#147248 date=1055138156]<br>[quote author=PourinDiesel link=board=12;threadid=15652;start=0#147211 date=1055129757]<br>Stake you were missed at Muncie!<br>[/quote]<br><br>I'm not sure how to take that. <br>[/quote]<br><br>Sorry I didn't get to meet ya stakeyboy! <br><br>Sled pulls were very interesting....I'm looking into making copies of my home video which is just as I stated &quot;home video&quot; ....meaning I got almost ALL of the trucks that pulled, but sometimes the camera was bouncey waiting for a truck to start or re-start....plus me and my friends let some &quot;not so nice&quot; words slip once or twice (but not all the time) :-X<br><br>If you would still be interested in a copy of the tape PM me for more info.
Old 06-09-2003, 01:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like the east-west dyno wars are going to continue on until another year. :P
Old 06-09-2003, 07:00 AM

[quote author=StakeMan link=board=12;threadid=15652;start=0#147146 date=1055116685]<br>Idaho CTD,<br>I thought you wasn't going to Muncie? Just couldn't stay away? <br>[/quote]<br><br><br>I wasn't going to go but a fellow bomber/freak ;D asked me to go and help him drive. I told him only if I could take my truck. So we trailered my truck out and I will drive it back with the trailer in tow. He is off to visit family this week.<br><br>Nathan

Quick Reply: Muncie reports?