Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

I See 4 Alaskan's On Here Right Now, Andonly One Is Signed Up For Akdtr#12.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 02:27 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I See 4 Alaskan's On Here Right Now, Andonly One Is Signed Up For Akdtr#12.........

Can you guess who it is? Yep me! I see 4 of you on here now, and I know of a couple others. Just sent membership info to a guy that is moving up here. Would like to get this club up and running! If your interseted go here. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/chapter.php

It's free! I'm begining to think I need to move to the lower 48 to join a club and go have sume fun! DON'T MAKE ME MOVE DOWN THERE, PLEASE!!!!!!

This will get your attention!

I'LL SUPPLY THE BEER!!!!

Old 01-17-2004, 02:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, I email you? Or I fill out an application and mail it to DTR #1?
Old 01-17-2004, 02:42 PM
Chapter President

Just go here https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/chapter.php and fill out the "membership app" and send it to DTR#1, "TOP" will set you up and foreward the info to me and that's it!

I think if we can get this off and running we could have some great fun! Some of my idea's for event's.

1. We could meet up at Polar raceway for fun drag's.
2. Fishing tourniment's
3. Off roading/camping

and so forth, what ever we want to do, the end is limitless!

I can even set up meeting's at HOOTERS!!!!
Old 01-17-2004, 02:49 PM

Sounds cool...it would be nice to see the different ideas and set-ups you all have in your trucks! Is Polar Raceway the Alaska Raceway in Palmer? I've never heard of Polar Raceway. hhhmmm. I've only seen 1 CTD race at Alaska Raceway and he was having problems w/ his set-up...ran kinda slow. Anyway, yeah I'll get on the application here...
Old 01-17-2004, 02:59 PM

I don't know if he's already a member on this site, but I saw a bombed CTD driving around town a month ago...sounded like a beast! Maybe if you advertise the club more people would join. Not everybody has a computer, and not everybody knows about this site. The only way I found this site was after about 2 hrs of searching the web and links, and even then, it was by chance. Maybe if there was somebody drag racing a CTD and you had the chapter pasted on the side of their truck? hehehehe...hell, why don't you race your's and whip some little rice burner and V-8 butt!
Old 01-17-2004, 03:09 PM
Chapter President

Originally posted by welder27
I don't know if he's already a member on this site, but I saw a bombed CTD driving around town a month ago...sounded like a beast! Maybe if you advertise the club more people would join. Not everybody has a computer, and not everybody knows about this site. The only way I found this site was after about 2 hrs of searching the web and links, and even then, it was by chance. Maybe if there was somebody drag racing a CTD and you had the chapter pasted on the side of their truck? hehehehe...hell, why don't you race your's and whip some little rice burner and V-8 butt!

I thought about making flyer's and stuffing windshield wipers of CTD owners, kind of corney though .... Polar raceway is in the butte, alaska raceway is on the parks hwy, not sure if they have a drag strip (ak raceway)? So far I have only one member other than me and he is in Kawait working at the moment. I would love to actually buy another CTD and set it up just for dragging, I would run mine up and down the strip for some fun though. Maybe I can get "BOB&MARK" from 100.5 the fox radio to give a plug or two. I've helped them out in the past. hmmmmmmmm?
Old 01-17-2004, 03:40 PM

Yeah, the AK raceway I'm thinking of is the one you see the sign for on the Glenn Hwy heading toward Wasilla where the Old Glenn Hwy intersects. You drive the Old Glenn Hwy for about 7 miles or so and you end up out in Butte. That's the drag strip. Then there's the oval track somewhere around Wasilla. I'm not sure where that is or what it's called...never been there.

Bob & Mark might do something for ya...not sure what it would be. But at least what they say about the whole deal wouldn't be as cheesy as flyers under windshields .

OH...good idea...what about advertising at gun shows? You know there are plenty of those up here. And you could have a TV/VCR set up w/ a video of a bunch of CTD's drag racing and pulling against the evil gassers. That should spark some interest.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:23 PM

Here ya go...http://www.akracewaypark.com/

Dang...I didn't realize this link has the driver of the Iceworm (Randy Gibson) on it....in case you didn't know/forgot...he was killed in an accident somewhere on the Old Glenn Hwy this week. He had one fast car...ran 7's...he got hit by some idiot woman who just totaled her previous car the week before. Some people don't deserve to drive. That sucks.
Old 01-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Chapter President

I have the same problem
Old 01-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Chapter President

Originally posted by Mostwanted
I have the same problem
You would think they would flock in like geese in a wheat field. But noooooooo beer's not good enough. ....

Tell ya what Mostwanted, you join up here and I will join down there and we trade of commuting to the meetings, I'll drive down there one month and then you drive up here the next!

Heck, we could call it the DTRMISFIT club. Just think it would be the first of it's kind!
Old 01-18-2004, 12:34 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
You might just be on to something with that "DTRMISFIT" thing. How bout a rotation thru KY?
ED
Old 01-18-2004, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Arrow Well while you're at it,,,,,,,,,,

Originally posted by sherod
You might just be on to something with that "DTRMISFIT" thing. How bout a rotation thru KY?
ED
Ya might as well make a swing thru WV, VA & NC cause I can think of a few more "MISFITS" to add to your chapter!

On Edit: since ya got to come thru Canada,,,,,,, I can think of a few more you can pick up also!
Old 01-18-2004, 03:12 PM

So, the computer the printer is hooked up to is broke...so, until it's fixed, I can't print out the application to fill out. Is there an application around that I can fill out online, or through email?
Old 01-18-2004, 06:18 PM
Chapter President

Fill out the one online, here at the site and then "RIGHT CLICK" on the app. and select "SEND TO" and select"MAIL RECIPIANT" and emailer off to TOP.
Old 01-18-2004, 06:24 PM

Yeah...it's in Acrobat Reader format...basically it's just a picture of the app.
I can download it and email it, but I can't type new stuff on it.

Quick Reply: I See 4 Alaskan's On Here Right Now, Andonly One Is Signed Up For Akdtr#12.........