Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

CCC Chp #27 Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 07:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up (CCC) Central California Chp #27 Get Together & Dyno

Alright guys it's time to get together and put some faces with the names. So, here is what I'm think'n for the get together. One of the last weekends in October or 1st weekend of November. How do those dates sound for everyone? Next I need a head count, interest list, so I can find a neutral/mid point meeting place. Here is my thought on the meeting. Dinner @ a restraunt and then a show & shine of everyones trucks. I'm hoping to have Chapter #27 DTR stickers ready to go for all. Thanks guys.

Tye

LIST
-Buckshotmckee-Arroyo Grande
-Dieseljunkie-Arrowhead
-Cowhand-Corona=Dyno
-Dusty Rock-Ventura=Dyno
-Jonctd96-Hanford=Dyno +guess?
-Dslchkcowgirl-Ventura=Dyno +guess
-Rharveysr-Visalia=Dyno
-HemiJustin-Hanford=Dyno
-Runamuk-Sacramento????
-Gerry-Los Angeles
Old 09-27-2005, 10:31 PM

Hmmmm.....
Old 09-28-2005, 04:11 PM

Tye, depending on where you guys plan on meeting, I may be able to get a few guys together to make the drive up that way, if you don't mind. I'll have to see how busy I am, but Im thinking that things will calm down by then in my end of the world, so I'll be able to get out and do some stuff.
Scott
Old 09-28-2005, 04:27 PM

What he said^^^
Old 09-28-2005, 06:03 PM

Hey Scott, Cowhand
Good to hear from you. I'm trying to get a list of names and locations together to try and find a neutral meeting place to make it easy on everyone. Thanks for the reply. I've talked to a couple guys in the valley that want to get together, but I haven't heard from them in a couple days. So I'll keep you posted.

Tye
Old 10-01-2005, 12:52 PM

i'm still here, november would work better for me and my dad, we'll be gone the last of oct. there's about 10, maybe a few more, guys around hanford (kinda between fresno and visalia) Most of them are not online here so I'll ask them how their schedule is and get back to you.

Jon
Old 10-01-2005, 01:28 PM

and cowhand, you have to be there. I'd like to drive or ride in your truck. I found out that I tore the ears off of my current converter, which apparently was not a very good one, and I think I'm sold on the Goerend triple disc. anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunbearing
Yeah but Coors isn't beer so it doesn't count. haha
We just brewed up a 10 gallon batch last weekend. It's in the fermenter right now. Should be ready sunday. Can't wait to taste it. I made a batch with fresh ginger root about 2 weeks ago. It's all fermented but I haven't had the time to bottle it yet. Any other home brewers here?

Hey Buckshotmckee!!!!!!. Where are we having the DTR central coast chapter meeting at? May I make a suggestion ? Of course being the good guys we are we would help Spunbearing taste test his new batch and even chip in for the next batch.

Sorry for the slight highjack. Nice looking beer Brit !!!!

Ref. https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...6&page=2&pp=40

Count me in. STEAK HOUSE mmmmmm. AJ Spurs?, Casmalia? Far Western? Mexican food, Chinese, Japanese? I am not fussy, I am hungry right now

Dusty
Old 10-01-2005, 04:07 PM

i'm up for anything from the taco truck to a good steakhouse.
Old 10-01-2005, 06:57 PM

Ok then. Lets do Saturday Nov 5th if that works for everyone. I haven't heard from Spunbearing,Apache or HemiJustinn so I don't know if they'll be able to make it?
How does San Luis Obispo sound? About 3:00pm? Tahoe Joes, its a steakhouse?

P.S. I've seen some members on here from the Salinas/San Jose area. Anyone in the state wanting a nice weekend get away to God's country is more then welcome to come. I can help with locating hotels.
Old 10-01-2005, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Ok then. Lets do Saturday Nov 5th if that works for everyone. I haven't heard from Spunbearing,Apache or HemiJason so I don't know if they'll be able to make it?
How does San Luis Obispo sound? About 3:00pm? Tahoe Joes, its a steakhouse?

P.S. I've seen some members on here from the Salinas/San Jose area. Anyone in the state wanting a nice weekend get away to God's country is more then welcome to come. I can help with locating hotels.
Reminder.....Nov 5th the sun sets at 5:00 pm. Not much time for show & shine after dinner & B.S.
Would it be possible to schedule dyno runs for Sat? If I drive that far I would like to get something accomplished.
Old 10-01-2005, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by DustyRock
Reminder.....Nov 5th the sun sets at 5:00 pm. Not much time for show & shine after dinner & B.S.
Would it be possible to schedule dyno runs for Sat? If I drive that far I would like to get something accomplished.

Ooooo, I didn't think about that? I'll check into that in the next day or so. If the dyno works out, then we can do the show & shine @ the dyno. Good call Dusty.
Old 10-01-2005, 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by Buckshotmckee
Ooooo, I didn't think about that? I'll check into that in the next day or so. If the dyno works out, then we can do the show & shine @ the dyno. Good call Dusty.
No Prob. Hey you cant think of everything. Thats what help is for. This year has flown by and the days are getting shorter in a hurry. Cant believe its already Oct.
The dyno would be fun for everyone, i think. Then a good dinner ahhh what a day.
Old 10-02-2005, 10:40 AM

sounds good to me. mmm, STEAK! i probably won't have my new converter in time for the first dyno run so i'm out for that.
Old 10-02-2005, 11:22 AM

If you guys want to RACE your trucks... there is going to be a "Trucking 4 Kids" show at the Famoso raceway in Bakersfield on the 23rd of Oct.. There is lots of room to camp on saturday night in the pit's.. and race all day on sunday... there's a big add for it in the 10.4 magazine that all the truck stops carry....... just throwing out another option

Quick Reply: CCC Chp #27 Get Together