Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

CCC Chp #27 Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runamuk
I was TOLD!, " YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER TO GO TO THIS WEEKEND AND THE BABY IS YOURS!!!"

Someone please help me before her head starts spinning and she spits that green goo at me again!!!

LMAO!!! Wife is officially 8 months +++ and I need an exorcist!!!

I will not be there this weekend as I have other things that I'm TOLD I WILL be doing!

Sorry guys I'll bring the midget to the next one

Rick

Hey Rick! If it makes you feel better I got a baby shower that I was told "YOUR GOING TOO!"
Old 11-06-2005, 06:36 PM

Well it was good to meet you guys, don't know what was up with the dyno or the guys running it...I have the Banks Stinger Plus system on my truck with the addition of a piers hybrid hx35/14cm, which is not really too big for the fueling I have(there is room for more though!)

I've built small block chevys with 450-500ft-lbs at the flywheel and they don't even compare to how my truck pulls.

For those of you who don't know, my truck apparently mustered 371ft-lbs according to their dyno. EGT never went above 600, boost hit 29 only for a split second when they started the run and then dropped down to an average of 8-10 psi for the majority of the run. I've driven a LOT of different trucks and cars with a big variation in power and I know for a fact that my truck does not drive like it has 370ft-lbs at the wheel.
That was $70 that I would really like to have around still.

From Banks website:

"Test vehicle: 1995 pickup with 5-speed manual trans • Solo vehicle weight: 6,200 lbs • Towing combined vehicle weight: 17,000 lbs.

Horsepower and torque measured at rear wheels."
Old 11-06-2005, 07:52 PM

hey guys... just got home. it was cool meeting yall.
i wasn’t really happy with my numbers either. i put down 249hp. but someone said that having 35" drops you 50hp??????if so that would put me at 300hp. which is what i was guessing. and they said to add 30% to get flywheel hp. and that would mean i put down 390hp.... i would be very happy with 390 hp... because i don’t have anything major done to my truck. now if you take off the 50 hp for 35's it would be like 239hp. at the flywheel. when i dragraced my truck i did the math and came up with 340rwhp...that could be off a little.....
another thing i was a little confused about is that they kept saying that mustang dynos read low... i would think that not to be the case... because we have slow revving, high torque engines. the more load you put the more hp they are capable of making.

Dusty. i didn’t hang around long enough to find out if you were happy with the numbers you made.... your truck sure sounded like it was making more then 270... something... if i remember right.

Jon. it was great to finally meet you. we will have to make a trip back to the coast so you can come join the fun on the beach... or maybe in the campground,

Tye.. thanks for the directions to the CFN.... i ended up needing the fuel after having the return line on my truck go bad and losing about 10 gallons of diesel onto the road. Also, Thanks for setting everything up I had a good time.

Rick. Your truck obviously makes more hp/torque then mine. Pulling the grade showed that... also thanks for the help with fixing my truck. And the food. Always sooooooo good. Thanks.

Other then all this funky stuff with the dyno... had a great time!. Cant wait to have another get together.

Justin
Old 11-06-2005, 08:39 PM

Justin: I was hoping to put down around 300 hp made a high of 276 hp and 643 Tq. This was my first dyno run, dont really like others driving my rig either but at least I got to ride shotgun. On the bright side on the way home from Stanford a guy in a shiny white 4x4 Duramax Xcab with gauges and dual exhaust started playing with me. I got up next to him blew a bit of smoke, backed off, got side by side and we were off. Had to show him three times what the mighty CTD could do. Smoked him all three times. He tooted his horn and gave me the thumbs up. Pretty cool!!!!! Later that night coming into Ventura a guy in a 3500 4x4 Dually X-cab blew past me at about 80 thought he was bad with his blacked out windows and his buddy sitting in the cab with him. I got up next to him let him hear my 5 inch, slowed down and he started pulling away from me!!!!!! I thought I was going to lose then my old CTD got wind and said BYE BYE Duramax!!! Smoked him. Always wanted to run a Duramax got to do two in one day. It was a nice ending to a good day.

Dusty
Old 11-06-2005, 09:08 PM

What do you have done to your truck??? it sounded good! is it an auto?

my truck did
249hp @2200rpm 45psi and 1500*
596 ft/lb @2200rpm (truck usaly only does 1400* WOT )

is that odd for peak Hp and Torque to be the same Rpm?

dusty, acording to there 30% loss in auto 4x4 you would be making 358 to the FW...
Old 11-07-2005, 09:33 AM

Hello all!
It was great to finally put names and faces together Saturday! Sorry about leaving so soon...I just wasnt in any mood after my run on the rollers ..
For some reason it doesnt make since to run 50lbs of boost and not go past 650* of egts and just make 301 hp..
And yes I would like to have that $70 still in my pocket after that...

Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rick
Old 11-07-2005, 10:21 AM

Rick... with all the BS corrections and loss. i mad more hp to the FW then you
Old 11-07-2005, 10:28 AM

Quit adding salt to the wound!

Rick