Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Dyno and GTG

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DEMON
dang. last minute trip cancellation. my friend has a family emergency. so no go tommorrow.
OK...thanks for letting me know bud.

When you do come up...let me know. Id definitely like to see that big yellow Dodge run.

Guess, Ill hit Princess Auto instead and spend some more $$
Old 04-28-2007, 01:06 AM

I have the small set of liteforce,, I love them, I have never had better lights, or tougher lights

Kevin
Old 04-28-2007, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Kerry, where do you get the Jetcos at? What the cost? I assume you cant get them in a round configuration....rectangular lights make me

Doc, I get my Jetco's at Kenworth in the west end of Edmonton. Since you're in Sherwood Park, see the guys at KW off 17 St. - closer for you. The dual bulb lights only come in the rectangular version, but they do make a round driving light (KC style) that are popular as well.

I paid about $20 each for my rectangular dual bulb ones, but I have an account because of the farm. Tell the guys in the parts department to give you a "good guy" price - they will bend usually. If they don't and you know what you want, give me the part numbers, I have to pretty much drive past them on days off at some point - accidently even.
Old 04-28-2007, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by Homestead
The bulbs will fit the 240's and the 170's. The coolest thing about the bulbs is that they are just Sylvania High Output projector bulbs and take about 30 seconds to change each one. No need to order the expensive "LightForce" bulbs.

Then you have the various colored lenses. They work and I have them all but for the most part I just use the clear lens, although the blue ones are very very useful when your in a blizzard on Rogers Pass at 3 in the morning. I know because I had the highway patrol follow me all the way to Golden and I was doing 100km the whole time. When I hit the Timmy's for a reload, he got out and was very impressed with the visibility even though he was behind me.

Jeff

Jeff, you can't just say stuff about saving money on bulbs without giving part numbers and a place to get them! Especially to us guys that have no idea what we're looking for and have no experience with the Light Force lights.

Whoops! Hmmmmmm, seems to me that you are making me consider spending some more money.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:27 AM

you guys talking about something like this? Its a buddy oif mines truck. I can find out where he got the light bar.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:06 AM
The Guru

Nice truck. What tire is he running? I like the rims. I wouldn't run my light that low as rocks would be bouncing into them. You should see my windshield after three months. I hate to be the guy driving towards you guys at night. I like them brite, but not to the point of blinding the oncoming drivers.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:17 AM

i had 2 light force 6" on my last suv and will never buy anything else!!!! my dad had 4 6" piaa's across the top of his company suv and when he saw mine he instantly sold them and bought light force. My favorite thing about them is the lexan covers so you never have to buy new lenses just the cover which are around 17 bucks a set.

I got my roll bar placed in my bed just to get an idea of where it goes and such, super exited hopefully will have my lights and the bar installed by next weekend (if my sorce can get my lights soon enough!!!!!) i will post up pics on how it goes

I actually got it wrong light force does not make a 8" the only make a 6.6 inch and a 9.7 inch little piece of info for ya
Old 04-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Mike I'm pretty sure they're Toyo MTs.

mine begins with one step

Old 04-30-2007, 01:06 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I you paint "TYPE S" on it you'll get another 20hp and the rear wheels easy!

Old 04-30-2007, 01:13 AM

..........oh dude I've only got Type R stickers
Old 04-30-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ohh so sorry to hear that Demon Nice looking cover though.
Old 04-30-2007, 09:33 AM

That is cool

Kevin
Old 05-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Hey swamp donkey,, do you have a company called swamp donkey? I found a notepad left in my shop today for a company called swamp donkey from FSJ.

Kevin
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM

Well, made it back from the sticks. Or lack of sticks, should I say. I don't know what you guys are talking about, Youngstown was a lot better than millenium. Only downside is they didn't clean my room for 14 days! I've got 10 days till Forestburg starts, so who ever wants to mess with some timing, let me know, I've got time to kill.

Gonna be ordering my p-pump parts this week. As of the last 10 days, the truck has been getting harder to start, and blowing white smoke at start up. I usually get a nice healthy puff of black. I think the VP is on its way out. Yay! Hopefully I won't get left stranded in Forestburg. No codes other than the usual 3. We'll see how long it lasts.

Whats are schedule looking like for a get together? I don't know what kind of schedule I'm gonna be working on the next shut down, but I should have about 2 weeks off at the beginning of July between Battle River and Sundance. After that, I think I'll be looking around middle of Septemeber.

I just realized that those HT71 64mm's are still $1300. edited by admin I might have to throw my money away on a useless turbo!

Last edited by Totallyrad; 06-26-2007 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Profanity
Old 05-02-2007, 10:39 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Tate, if you get hung up in Forestburg let me know, I can pop out to get ya. My truck should be out of the shop by mid next week. Stuck with a rental F-150. I can see why Toyota is taking over the 1/2 ton market..

Quick Reply: Alberta Dyno and GTG