Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta Dyno and GTG

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2007, 08:50 AM
The Guru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys are gonna get muddy. My brother live about five miles from there. I remember camping there about six years ago. Talk about bugs. I'm think that your gonna breakin your winch. Nice trucks, demon. I think that you should get some of those shiny parts scratched up. I remember mine when they looked that good. You should get the twins on your truck and see what you've been missing.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Demon, that truck just looks better every time you show it... Nice..
Old 04-26-2007, 02:01 PM

I live in Sherwood Park, so thats pretty close to where I live...

Might have to find my rubber boots and venture out there...
Old 04-26-2007, 07:53 PM

quick question do you have to drill out h2 wheels to make them fit on our trucks, i found a sweet set of 20's but they cam off a H2 and i dont know how goofy it would look without the center cap cause i drilled them out and it wont fit.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:42 PM

Demon, what time are you going to be there?
Old 04-27-2007, 11:44 AM

Oil, if they are aftermarket they will allready have larger holes. I believe that the stock H2's were only 17's. You might end up with a problem like I did though, where the center caps werent deep enough for the back wheels. I finally found another set of eagle alloys that had a deeper center cap and it fit (after some backyard modifying)

Kevin
Old 04-27-2007, 07:20 PM

thanks for the info, but the center cap of the wheel wont clear, like you said!!!

it would look pretty dirty to have no center cap on 20's oh well but i found a roll bar made by dodge for the 2500 short box, came of a 99 and built outa aluminum. Looks super white trash but should be a wicked way to mount some big 8" light force lights!!!!!
Old 04-27-2007, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by OilCountry
thanks for the info, but the center cap of the wheel wont clear, like you said!!!

it would look pretty dirty to have no center cap on 20's oh well but i found a roll bar made by dodge for the 2500 short box, came of a 99 and built outa aluminum. Looks super white trash but should be a wicked way to mount some big 8" light force lights!!!!!

You wouldn't spend that kind of money on lights, would you?

Just get some of those Jetco dual bulb driving lights and throw some 100W bulbs with minimum 14 gauge wiring (separate power for each bulb) and you'll get more output than the Light Force. Total cost is less than $50.00 instead of $400 or more.
Old 04-27-2007, 09:50 PM

I don't think you can outdo the output of the LightForce stuff especially if you step up in the bulbs.

Yeah they are expensive but worth every single penny.

If you think the 8" are bright, try the 10" THE reason I always travel to the coast or anywhere for that matter at night. Daylight and no traffic!!!

Jeff
Old 04-27-2007, 10:18 PM

I'm going to have to get with someone and see them for myself in person. Until then, I'm still suspicious.

After driving OTR anywhere from Houston to Anchorage in my past, I have yet to run into anything better as a driving light than those Jetco rectangular dual bulb lights and the reason I had them on my '98, and have on my '07 - not Procomp, Hella, or a myriad of others.

One bulb on those lights spots, while the other has a wider pattern for the ditches. There must be a reason why they are the choice of so many Northern AB and BC OTR drivers. I haven't been on a road or highway yet in our part of the world where we can (due to hills / curves / oncoming traffic), or it's useful, to see farther than 1 km. I personally don't care what's on the road, my OEM lights do that well. I care what's coming out onto it from the ditches / treeline.

I will say that I have no problem saying out loud if they are better once someone let's me "see the light" per say. Until then, I can't see myself personally spending that kind of money over something that's already proved itself to me time and time again just to try them out.

Just an opinion and open to change upon proof.

suspiciousKerryout
Old 04-27-2007, 10:31 PM

I have to agree with seeing is believing, I was the same way until I bolted these things on and adjusted them up.

I can honestly say, with mine adjusted the way they are, I'm am putting light easily a mile down the road and over 100ft + to each side of the highway.

The beauty of the LightForce lights is they are focusable like a Maglite flashlight. If you run 2 lights, you can focus one into a spot for distance and the other for width. If you step up to the vertical filament bulbs, which rate at 1,000,000 candle power but actually are 1.3 million, you adjust both for pencil beams for distance and turn them out to the sides to not only give you distance but width also without losing any center fill.

Yes it is very amazing just how many critters and such are looking at you from a mile away. One of the reasons I have another set of 10" sitting here on the floor waiting to be installed.

If we ever get the chance to chinwag some night during a get together, we can go for a night drive, I'll change your mind.

Jeff
Old 04-27-2007, 10:40 PM

Let's plan on it whenever the oportunity provides. I gotta see them then. Are they available with these verticle filaments on the smaller version(s)?
Old 04-27-2007, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by Festus
Let's plan on it whenever the oportunity provides. I gotta see them then. Are they available with these verticle filaments on the smaller version(s)?

I would like to see the Lightforces at night as well. Everyone Ive ever talked to RAVES about Lightforce and says exactly wheat Jeff did -"They are worth every penny"....

Kerry, where do you get the Jetcos at? What the cost? I assume you cant get them in a round configuration....rectangular lights make me
Old 04-27-2007, 10:48 PM

The bulbs will fit the 240's and the 170's. The coolest thing about the bulbs is that they are just Sylvania High Output projector bulbs and take about 30 seconds to change each one. No need to order the expensive "LightForce" bulbs.

Then you have the various colored lenses. They work and I have them all but for the most part I just use the clear lens, although the blue ones are very very useful when your in a blizzard on Rogers Pass at 3 in the morning. I know because I had the highway patrol follow me all the way to Golden and I was doing 100km the whole time. When I hit the Timmy's for a reload, he got out and was very impressed with the visibility even though he was behind me.

Jeff
Old 04-28-2007, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil
Demon, what time are you going to be there?
dang. last minute trip cancellation. my friend has a family emergency. so no go tommorrow.

Quick Reply: Alberta Dyno and GTG