Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.
View Poll Results: Which of the three option date's would be best?
July 17th
33.33%
July 24th
33.33%
July 31st
33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

2nd Annual PDR 1st Gen Day info....

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2nd Annual PDR 1st Gen Day info....

2nd Annual 1st Gen Day at PDR.
Originally posted by BushWakr
Ok guys... the response from all of you 1st Genners' has been great. Piers has noticed the interest and he say's we can book this for one of the following dates...

1) Saturday July 17th

2) Saturday July 24th

3) Saturday July 31st

Now, at this point we MAY have the option of making it a two day event since there are guys willing to travel for this.
That still NEEDS TO BE CONFIRMED regarding the 2 day option but other than that.... we can go with the best date for as many guys as possible...

There is little doubt that there will be a tailgate party or two as well as some mysterious smoke and noise at some point....ear plugs are optional....
If you plan to attend and would like some info on accomodations just shoot us an email and we'll send along some info for you.

What the overall agenda is/will be:.....
Fender chat, parts fiddling, tuning, tweaking, shooting the breeze and if there are enough guys wanting some dyno time, we'll try to arrange that too.....
The shop will be available for use as well as the hoists and so forth.
In 2003 we had hoped to see more guys wanting to do some tweaking... I don't know if it was just everyone being "shy" or what but this year, you just gotta ask and we'll jump in with both feet...

I hope that we have as many guys as possible to come out....
Last year in January during some not that great weather we had a great showing of 1st Gen trucks.... We're hoping for another summer like last year so we'll have good weather during July.

Another item as well.... no one will be turned away, so if you're running a 2nd or 3rd Gen all are welcome.
So guys you need to settle on a date and make sure you bring a shiny truck, some tools if need be and whatever else you may need to make it a good time....like that's gonna be a problem

Well, there ya go... belly up to the calendar and hash it out....

pastor bob......

note: find stick, clean collar, order some "bonus HP points" and "HP penalty flags".......
Old 05-12-2004, 01:21 AM

Well, Since I'm the only one to reply, it looks like it is going to be the 17th!

Actually, Either the 17th or 31st would work. It just so happens that the 31st is my 43rd. Wife and kiddo might would want to make the trip up with me if it was on that day. I'm certain that the pastor would "gift" me , oh say, 20RWHP?

Carl
Old 05-13-2004, 10:38 PM

Hey its me again just let me know when and I will be there. Also if any of you guys are coming from California we are going to try to meet over on I 5 and start a train of pickups up to Piers dont know all the details yet because we dont hava a set day, but I will post as soon as I know.

Stomp
Old 05-15-2004, 02:56 PM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

OK, JULY 31ST IS THE DAY !!!!!

Ok fella's ... that is the best date for the majority of guys....I know we can't please everyone, but, if you can make it out we'd
REALLY like to see you..
We'll be there to help you tweak and tune and anything else you may need...
If you want help just ASK or SPEAK UP !!!

I'll keep you all posted on any news' flashes or other things as they may come up....

pastor bob....
Old 05-24-2004, 01:41 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

TTT.......

Guys, we're on track for the 31st of July. We are working on some things to make the day a great get together.
You can get all the info you need regarding maps, accomodations etc by using map quest.
If you need more help, just drop us an email at the shop, or call for help.
We plan to do:
1) wrench twisiting for any and all who want it done.... don't be afraid to ask for help...
2) we will make the hoists available to the participants.
3) we are TRYING to arrange some dyno time, but it will depend on the nubmer of guys interested and we will likely need to do what we did last September.... a donation of, say, $25.00 ALL of which will go to charity. PDR actually has to pay for the dyno time in case you're wondering....
4) we may also have a skill driving event.. (still on the drawing board)
5) we are tentatively aiming at a start time of roughly 9:00 AM and will go until we we run out of steam or old age sets in...
6) I'd like to get Dave (hdm48) to do a porting/polishing demo if it can be worked out....I still need to talk to him on this one though...
7) I'd like to have a VE teardown (minor) demo as well as a VE tuning demo as well.
If you have a digital movie camera or regular super 8mm camera, pictures would be allowed but we'd like to have copies of any photo's/movies taken to help out the guy's who couldn' make it to the event.

First and foremost, we just want to have some fun and good times.....
Block out that weekend and make the trip up... we'll do our best to make it worth while for you all...

pastor bob.....
Old 06-20-2004, 01:20 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Just an update to the 1st Gen Day Event....

We plan to officially start the day at 9:00 AM July 31st and run until 4:00 PM, or thereabouts......
We'll have award certificates for various events... it has been suggested that we have a "Butt Ugliest Truck" award; "Longest Drive to Arrive" award, "show-N-shine... I think we'll also have a couple-O-three HP certificates as well... perhaps nearest to 200 RWHP without going over, nearest to 300 RWHP WGO, the same for 350 and depending on who shows up, we may also have 400 RWHP WGO and 450 WGO.

There will be some "flee market" sale of various parts that were "demo's" and so forth as well....
I'm working on a couple of other "prizes" as well.
You might want to practice your "backing up" skills too... someone suggested a "backup rodeo"...new one on me....
We really need you to support this event... the better the turn out the more likely it will be that next year it will grow and improve even more.....
Above all, we just want to have a howling good time, with lots of fun/wierd/not quite right stuff to make the trip worthwhile for all of you guys/gals....yep, gals are welcome too...

My next update will have locations for camping/trailer parking/motel(s) etc.
Please stay tuned and if you have any questions or ideas send them along to me via PM, or my shop email at: .... bob@piersdiesel.com

pastor bob....
Old 07-06-2004, 02:13 PM

Cool

Anyone that is coming up to this from the southern california area, I would like to chat with you asap.
Thanks!

Rob Hanson
Ramflasher@aol.com
Old 07-08-2004, 01:37 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

Latest update on PDR's 2nd Annual 1st Gen Open House Event...

Ok guys, we are trying to nail down the bit's 'N pieces of the Open House...

As noted, the opening time will be 9:00 AM, July 31st. It should run until about 4:00 PM
We'll try to do as many dyno runs as we can, especially for those who've never run or those who have travelled a long way.

We are going to try something new.... a "back-up rodeo"; as well as a laid back "show 'N shine".
Since we want to keep the "laid back" approach to this, we'll award some certificates for some of the events as well.
The only costs involved that we foresee is the dyno run itself...
At the present time we expect that a donation of $25.00 will be sufficient to cover the dyno rental for the day.

We will have refreshments, snacks, lots of fender chat, as much help with tuning advice, and lending a hand were ever possible.

If you want/need ANY info for local trailer accomodations, motels, places for meals, border crossing info and, what-have-you please contact-
Morgana Stoppler at:
>> morgana@piersdiesel.com OR phone: 604-888-4159.
It would help if you could drop an email or call and advise regarding your attending the day's events so we can finalize the info for refreshments and food for the day.
Please, do not bring along frozen turkeys, pigs or any other foodstuffs as we don't want you to have a headache at the border crossings.

Please remember that there will be no drinking and driving on/from the site... the last thing we want is for someone to get in a jam afterwards.

You will be able to chat with Piers, myself or Harry for ideas and info for your truck questions. Were ever possible we'll try to lend a hand with some tweaking and tuning for you (manpower permitting).

If you have any other questions please feel free to contact us and we'll help in any way we can.

We're really looking forward to seeing as many of you guys as possible.

OH, when you arrive, you should go to the sign in sheet and get and get any printed info or name tags/numbers as may be needed for the day...

Ok guys, lets step up and make this one the biggest yet and have a great time..

best regards, Bob ~ Piers Diesel Research Inc.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:47 AM
Patron Saint of 1st gens

PLEASE READ AND CONFIRM/DENY.....
URGENT !!! PLEASE CONFIRM YOUR ATTENDING...

I need a solid, confirmed list of anyone who is going to attend the 1st Gen Open House at PDR.... PLEASE !!! JUST A QUICK YES OR NO SO WE CAN PLAN....
We need an official head count so we can set up the food/drinks etc....OH ALSO... if you have any lawn chairs for your sorry ole butts to park in, please bring them with you ok... This will help make sure that if someone really needs to 'park it' they have a chair handy.
We don't need you to bring any food or other stuff unless you personally want something special, in which case you're welcome to do so.

Again you can contact either Morgana at: morgana@piersdiesel.com OR: me at: bob@piersdiesel.com OR phone us directly for help or info at: 604-888-4159