Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

2nd Annual Claremont TD Roundup (new date)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 09:51 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I could probably make the meeting if you want. Name the date.

Chris
Old 06-02-2004, 06:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should be able to make it by 1900. May be a few minutes late, don't get off until 1700 then I get to play in traffic.

Pick a Monday. Just to throw out a date, the 14th would work for me.
Old 06-02-2004, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
14th is Okee-Dokie with me ,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The 14'th is when I go in to have this stint pulled out and all the little pieces fall down then. I may very well be back on the Perkosets by then.

You guys all know where the hall is so feel free to drop by on the 14'th and have a talk with them and I'll be there if I can. There just a good bunch of country folks. They usually talk finances and stuff for about a half hour and then talk whatever you need. So any time between 19:00 and 19:30 would be good to stop by.

Someone give me a call that evening if I forget to remind me. If I'm not on the mind altering pills, I will be there.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:31 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by Dieseldude4x4
Someone give me a call that evening if I forget to remind me. If I'm not on the mind altering pills, I will be there.
Hey Joel,,,,,,,,,
I can always stop by your place and pick ya up,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, kinda like a "Designated-Driver" ,,,,,,,,,,(now there's a scary thought,,,,) ,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Besides,,,,,, it will be fun watching ya bump into stuff and try to stay coherent!
Old 06-02-2004, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Very Dennis. Just for that, I drop the stone in someone elses driveway.
Old 06-16-2004, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Well, Dennis and I talked again to the CVFD people at their weekly meeting Monday. They seem pretty excited about having us back again. They were pleased with the way we conducted the meet and really impressed with the way we left the place after we were done. I'm actually glad now that the state park turned us down because this is a much better location.

Dennis and Top and I have been discussing ways to increase attendance this year. We were talking about making up some flyers or something. We purposely kept it small last year until we could see how it went. As good as that one went, I think we are ready for more people so if you can think of ways to get more diesel trucks there, lets see what you got and make it happen. This could turn out to be the biggest thing on the east coast you know.

Looks like we will be able to park some campers back by the woods which would be great. We can have adult beverages after all the people go home.

Hey Tim, Dennis mentioned something about a diesel generator you may have access to. Can you still get that for a day or two if everyone decides to camp? Remember, this is the end of July so it will be hot as he, er ah, really really warm. I will have the GN there with tools and the dump trailer for trash again.

We are only about five weeks away folks so lets get this going and make it the best ever Claremont Roundup.
Old 06-16-2004, 07:15 PM
DTR Advertiser

Yeh, I can probably still get it. I have 4 25kva diesels at the shop, provided they are not on job sites I can get one. No way of knowing for sure till it gets closer, but I usually have at least one there. Maybe I could leave it broke till the day of the event? I hope we have more there this time, but last year was a good time with just 30 of us. Let me know if you need anything else. Tim
Old 06-16-2004, 09:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I agree with Tim. Perhaps there weren't as many trucks, but it made the atmosphere a little more relaxed and David was able to let us do tuning ON the dyno, which he usually doesn't do.
Not that I don't want more people to come, I just wouldn't mind if it wasn't as big as Muncie.

Chris
Old 06-17-2004, 05:27 AM
Administrator

I don't think you have to worry about being as big as Muncie but hey, you never know. I'd like to se about 50 or 60 trucks. That would be pretty cool.
Old 06-18-2004, 08:37 AM

Ya I liked the pic of the trucks with the dyno chart below. Thats awesome.
Old 06-23-2004, 07:50 PM

could i get someone to send me some directions and the agenda for this whole get together? This is the first i have heard of it and it sounds like fun. Thanks.
Callum
Oh yeah if anyone close to me is going i wouldn't mind following or something thanks again!
Old 06-23-2004, 07:51 PM

oh yeah my email is callum02@msn
Old 06-23-2004, 08:56 PM
Administrator

Originally posted by callum
could i get someone to send me some directions and the agenda for this whole get together? This is the first i have heard of it and it sounds like fun. Thanks.
Callum
Oh yeah if anyone close to me is going i wouldn't mind following or something thanks again!

Click on pic for pictures of last year's event.
I will include your email address when I send out info on this event in the next week or so. We have some folks that will be coming from the Jacksonville area and hopefully from Raleigh, so keep an eye on this section of the forum.
Old 06-24-2004, 05:55 AM
Administrator

From the south, take I 95 north to Stony Creek, go east on Rt 40 through Waverly to the end of 40 in Spring Grove. Go straight across Rt 10 on to 646. Go left at the Y and the fire hall is about a mile on the left.

OR

Take I 85 north to McKenny, again Rt 40, and follow the directions above from 40 east.

From the north or north west, take 64 east or 95 south to 295 south. Get off 295 south at the 10 east exit in Chester. You are about 40 minutes from the hall in Chester. Take 10 east through Hopewell, Burrowsville, Cabin Point, and a few other little wide spots in the road, to Spring Grove (don't turn left in Cabin Point when you see the Claremont arrows). Take a left on 646 between the post office and the Crossroads store. Stay left at the Y and the hall is a mile or so on the left.

If you're coming from far far away, like Disputanta, let me know if you need further directions.

(lets see if Dennis catches this one)

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Claremont TD Roundup (new date)