Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

2005 Texas Rally Announcement

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 04:25 PM
MDW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 Texas Rally Announcement

The 6th Annual Texas Rally will be held at http://www.guadaluperiverrvresort.com/ on October 1st & 2nd.
We have the 6000sq. ft. pavilion for the weekend. So make your reservations early and mention the LSTDR for the rally rate.
We will be updating this post as more info becomes available as to whom we can get to come for the seminars.

There will be an 11:00 O’clock “quiet” time that will be strictly enforced. You be asked to leave if you are unable to adhere to this campground rule. No exceptions.

We are in need of an offsite facility for a dyno event. I have been in contact with the dyno guy from last year and he is very interested in returning but we need an offsite facility so as to not cause the other campers stress.

Now for the unfortunate side the rally’s that is going to cause the cancellation of future events if we don’t get this under control.
The subject is Back Door Vending: We have in the past had people show up with company trucks & trailers with large logos adorned on them that have been unwilling to support the LSTDR club with a small vendor fee and sell products that capitalizes on the VERY hard work of other that I find reprehensible.
THIS WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ANY MORE. If you show up with a company truck and/or trailer be prepared to pay a vendor fee. If you are unwilling then you will be asked to leave. No exceptions. This is a club and should NOT be exploited.
I want to commend Laredo Performance Diesel (Merrick) of his support last year. He sent in his check for the vendor booth but I returned the check because of the amount of Back Door Vending that went on that I didn’t think it was fair for him to pay when we had more vending going on by people who were not willing to support the club. Please do NOT support these people, as it will be the undoing of this event. How are we going to ask vendors to participate when garage vendors will under sell them?
I regret that we are dealing with this as I have been told this is one of the main reasons Tulare has been cancelled.
This Rally takes an enormous amount of time with only praise as a reward so it is getting harder and harder to put this together each year.

I believe we will have an excellent rally this year now that we all are informed as to what the issues are. I believe this will clear things up and make the event even stronger.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:52 AM
Tire Hater

I'll definetly go up there Micheal, I can take Merrick if you want, or maybe make sure he can't go, I'll let you choose
Old 07-22-2005, 10:31 AM

Can you give a little more information? I am new to site so this rally thing is also new to me. What is it all about ? About how many show up?
Old 07-22-2005, 01:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi James,

Welcome to DTR! Glad to see another fellow McKinneyite. There is going to be a rally/dyno day in Lewisville tomorrow (saturday 23rd)....You should come and meet some fellow diesel owners. There are a couple of threads on the topic here.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:52 PM

sounds great but heading out to the lake for a day of skiing
Old 08-03-2005, 12:18 PM

There should be some sorta item that the sellers have on display that "proves" that they are supporting the club. Just like we have sales tax permits that must be on display. This would make it much easier to id who is who..

I've been to many swap meets, even the 50th corvette meet. The diesel meets I have attended were 6hr deals..What's up about this event? I take it, that many vendors will be there. This is great to ask the people directly the questions that you have had about their product. I expect sales of these items? Did someone say something about lectures to help educate us? SO, clue us newbies in. How much did you say registration/etc would cost? How soon do we need to reserve space? Do we have to prepay a portion?
Old 08-05-2005, 08:40 PM
MDW

To Whom It May Concern:
I am posting to inform whomever that I am officially resigning from The Texas Rally Event Coordinator.

As you know the rally is scheduled and will take place.
Its been a pleasure at times but it has been very trying most of the time and I just don't have it in me to do it anymore.
If someone wants the position please contact Curtis Harris.

Good Luck, Michael
Old 08-20-2005, 06:15 PM
Banned

Is this thing still taking place? I'm already starting to plan for it.
Old 09-13-2005, 07:01 PM
Tire Hater

So what's the news on this, is anyone gonna go?
Old 09-13-2005, 07:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I believe there was a notification on a competing forum that, since no one stepped into the breach to head this up, it was cancelled.

Rusty
Old 09-13-2005, 09:46 PM

Due to the lack of campsite reservations(only 1 to date), the 2005 Texas Rally is cancelled. The number of reservations are the only way to insure that we have a building to hold the rally, and they have a group that wants to use the building and they have the numbers to make it happen. We didn't.

So far, no one has stepped up to help keep this going. With Michael starting HotRodDiesels and my new job, neither of us has the time or energy to put something like this together. We both hate to see the rally go away, but we've done all we can for the past 5 years.

I do hope to see everyone at the DHRA Nationals on November 12th at Houston Raceway Park
Old 09-14-2005, 11:17 PM
Banned

That really blows. I'm really sad to hear about this. Oh well. I'm gonna try my hardest to make the HRP meet though.