Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.
View Poll Results: Do You Plan to Attend and Dyno???
Yes! And I Want to Dyno
50.00%
Tentative/ Maybe?
37.50%
Yes, But Only as a Spectator
12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

1st Annual MSDTR Chapter #31 All Diesel Dyno Day

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1st Annual MSDTR Chapter #31 All Diesel Dyno Day

This will be a long post, so sit back relax and pop open your favorite beverage (extra points given to those who choose our clubs' un-official sponsor "New Castle")

I have secured a Mustang dyno for anyone who may be interested for Sept. 16th at 10AM in Tupelo, MS at Southern Speed & Chassis. For more info, pm me or click here http://www.southernspeedracing.com/services.htm to contact the shop directly.

The manager said we need a minimum of 10 commited rigs to reserve the full day at the cost of $750. The dyno tech will be provided, entrance fees will be $75. Anything above and beyond the cost of the dyno rental will go towards prize money awarded to the top 3trucks in HP, and Torque. So, the more who show up, the more will be awarded. Honorable mention will be voted on by attendees and be awarded to the rig voted as being the best to not qualify in the top 3 of either class.

Amounts of prize money of course will be determined by how many commit to show up. Also, a collection will be taken to tip the dyno opperator for comming in on his day off. This event is open to anyone who wants to join and watch but reserved for the 1st 25rigs who show up and sign on will be allowed to dyno (due to time constraints).

Those who sign on as tentative need to let me know by the 1st of Sept. if they plan to dyno or not if the spots are not allready taken.

I will update this as people commit.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:24 PM

Did someone say New Castle?????

I here by officially reserve my spot at the dyno event!!

Whens the dead line for reserving a spot????
Old 08-14-2006, 07:30 PM
Chapter President

Go back and read the last line Dmax!!!! If all the spots are not filled up by the 1st, or someone doesn't show up then it would be 1st come 1st served at day of event.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:15 PM

Man that sound like fun. Ill check with the boss and get back to you. Do you think they will mind my 3 legged dog behind the wheel on the dyno?
Old 08-14-2006, 10:34 PM
Chapter President

Well that would be two paws for the steering wheel and one to drop the hammer! Sounds great but don't know if I can do the dyno....that will be right after my truck gets out of the body shop(I hope), day before my truck payment is due AND THE DARN INSURANCE COMPANY STILL CAN'T FIGURE OUT WHO HIT WHO?????? So I still don't know if it's a $500 deduct or $200 deduct Please take your time...... If the truck is out of the shop....I hope, I would like to at least make the trip down there and watch. Besides....my measly 250ish horsepower is nothing. New Castle must be a below Tennessee drink....I don't know that I have seen it....well, until last weekend!!
Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 AM

Don't you people realize that it's football season. I'll be with 92,138 of my closest friends. So ya'll have fun, I know I will.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by billygoatyj
Don't you people realize that it's football season. I'll be with 92,138 of my closest friends. So ya'll have fun, I know I will.

That sounds like a great crowd of people to console each other after the loss....
Old 08-16-2006, 05:54 PM

ooohhhhh, BURN!!!!! Guess you heard that Billygoat
Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 PM
Chapter President

What's a football?? Has it got a Cummins in it??
Old 08-17-2006, 08:33 AM

People from Georgia wouldn't know good football if somebody shoved it up their .

No a football doesn't have a Cummins in it but the stadium has a tendancy to shake like one.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:09 AM

If I had to compare Tennessee football to diesel engines, I would have to say 6.0 powerjoke, always blowing their gaskets thinking they have something special...

Question...Why does Tennessee-ans wear Orange on gameday?..

Answer...They can go huntin in it on Friday, play in it on Saturday, and do community service in it on Sunday....

They have been on a downward spiral since the Peyton Manning graduated many a year ago...
Old 08-17-2006, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by HappyGA
If I had to compare Tennessee football to diesel engines, I would have to say 6.0 powerjoke, always blowing their gaskets thinking they have something special...

Question...Why does Tennessee-ans wear Orange on gameday?..

Answer...They can go huntin in it on Friday, play in it on Saturday, and do community service in it on Sunday....

They have been on a downward spiral since the Peyton Manning graduated many a year ago...
And that downward spiral is something I am taking great joy in.

In case you didn't know, I am thankfully not native to Tennessee. Also I don't like the teams in my native state. I root for where my dad is from and I intend on moving there when the oppertunity presents itself. Now lets see if you can figure out where I'm from and who I root for. DmaxEter you can't answer, that woud be cheating.
Old 08-17-2006, 12:29 PM

Oh No, your not an Alabama fan too are you??? geeze

Not only do I have to put up with them at work, but now on DTR too, why me oh Lord, why me???
Old 08-17-2006, 12:37 PM

Must be your lucky day.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:49 PM

Rollllllllllllllllll Tidddddddddeeeeeeeeee Rollllllllllllllll

Quick Reply: 1st Annual MSDTR Chapter #31 All Diesel Dyno Day