Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

12 Cummins Rocky Mountain Truck Fest

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2004, 11:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 Cummins Rocky Mountain Truck Fest

Just to let you guys know,

Open house at ATS for TDR and all July 24, Saturday before the Truck Fest. VP for Cummins Rocky Mountain is going to be helping out too. Sounds like they are going to try and run the dyno too but I don't have a time yet.

Dates:
Jul/25/2004

DRAG RACING, TRUCK SHOW, TUFF TRUCKS, VENDOR MIDWAY, LIVE MUSIC, BURNOUT CONTEST AND MORE!

Schedule
Gates open 8:30 am
Time Trials 9:30 am
Eliminations 1:30 pm
Show Awards 3:00 pm
Big Trucks: NO TRAILERS, PLEASE!

Admission
Race/Show $30
Spectator $12
Children 12 and under FREE with paying adult.
No participant entries accepted after 11:30 am.
Commercial Vendor displays have limited availability call (303) 697-6013 X164.

Drag Racing Classes
2WD Street Truck Eliminator and 4WD Street Truck Eliminator
Must be street-legal, no electronics, slicks & open exhaust permitted. Trophies begin in quarterfinals.

Pro Truck Eliminator
Open to any type of truck. Cash prizes begin in the semifinals. Trophies to the finalists.

Big Truck Eliminator
Open to any tractor, farm or dump trucks. Cash prizes in semifinals. Trophies begin in quarterfinals.

ATS Diesel Performance Diesel Truck Shootout
Open to all diesel powered pick-ups. Cash prizes and trophies beginning semifinals. Low qualifier bonus from ATS Diesel Performance.

Cummins Bonus Payout
Learn how you can double your payouts in Big Truck Eliminator and ATS Diesel Performance Diesel Truck Shootout with Cummins Power. Get all the details at the event.

Smokiest Burnout Contest
The contest will see who can create the smokiest burnout! (one minute time limit). An additional $5 will be collected in staging lanes from participants to benefit the "Race-to-Read"® program, Bandimere Speedway's race-themed reading program. This is limited to the first 15 contestants.

Truck Show
Show awards for any type of truck in over 20 classes, plus specialty awards for: Best Engine, Best Paint, Best Interior, Best Engineered 4WD, Best Engineered 2WD, and Best of Show.

Tuff Trucks
Test man and machine on one of the toughest obstacle courses in Colorado. All trucks welcome. One class. The top three are awarded cash & trophies. Also awards for Best Air and Crowd Favorite.

Host Hotel
Days Inn Denver West
15059 W. Colfax Avenue
Golden, CO 80401
(303) 277-0200

No Tickets available on-line.
Tickets sold the day of the event at the Bandimere Speedway Box Office or for advance tickets call (800) 664-UWIN.
Old 07-20-2004, 05:37 PM

Who all is coming?

Who all is coming?
Old 07-20-2004, 11:28 PM

I'll be there for sure even if I don't race.

I haven't had much time to get my truck ready. I did some testing the other day. What do you think?

Old 07-21-2004, 07:40 AM

I like it. Are you coming out to the ATS Saturday event?
Old 07-21-2004, 09:13 AM

I probably won't make it to the ATS/CRM meet and greet. To many things to take care of before I can go to truck fest.

PS

I think the name should be changed to "Smoke on the Mountain" .
Old 07-22-2004, 12:23 AM

Looks good Stakeman, maybe I'll see you Sunday then.
Old 07-25-2004, 03:27 PM

Originally posted by StakeMan
I'll be there for sure even if I don't race.

I haven't had much time to get my truck ready. I did some testing the other day. What do you think?

WEAK!

Kyle
Old 07-26-2004, 08:50 AM

Just wanted to thank all of the folks at ATS for helping put on this event. I ended up in the runner up spot in the ATS Diesel Performance Diesel Truck Shootout class. I didn't sign up for the Cummins payout bonus as I certainly did not plan on making it that far, but thanks for the $300 anyhow!! I lost the final by .003, but had a great time. I'll try to post pictures in the next couple days. I only decided to run that truck yesterday morning since it was easier to bring the Dodge up to the pits with the tent and other stuff for the baby. I actually brought my old '51 Ford F-6 Dump Truck to race in the Big Truck Eliminator but went out in the first round due to missing 4th gear. Good thing that I decided to race the Dodge also!! Thanks again ATS.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:39 AM
Banned

I think bracket racing in the diesel shoot out was stupid. I want to see the fast trucks running over and over, not the ones that ran a 18.01 on their 18 dial in. Boring!