Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

1/8th mile shootout - Saturday August 13th

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2005, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1/8th mile shootout - Saturday August 13th

Tim Helms aka TOP FUEL 6 on the TDR, has recently purchased a 1/8th mile drag strip called the Jefferson Pageland Dragway which is located at 3167 Peach Orchard Rd Jefferson, SC 29718. The website is www.jeffersonpagelanddragway.com. For those of you who may have been to this track, Tim has done alot of renovations since he made the purchase.

On Saturday August 13th we will be having an 1/8th mile shoot out. Gates will open at 9 AM, practice runs and tech go till 2 PM, eliminations start shortly after and the finals will run under the lights. The will be a Pro Street class and we would love to see if the same trucks still come out on top. We will also have a street class. We have been in contact with Dave Dunbar and he will bring his dyno if we can get at least 20 vehicles to sign up. Their will be CASH payout in BOTH classes IT WILL BE WORTH COMING. Please post or call me for any info at 508 660 7093 or email scott@massdiesel.com Thanks! As of now, the Garmon trucks will be there, as well as TS Performance.
Old 05-14-2005, 07:45 AM

Got some questions about rules and the purse on some of the other sites, so I will post here also.

Rules will be same as DHRA, although this is NOT a DHRA race, nor do you have to be a DHRA member in order to race. There will be one exception and that will be the weight classes, there will be a 5500 minimum weight, but you can run whatever you want, meaning you don't have to weigh a certain amount to run something other than all motor, as you would per the DHRA rules. Minimum 5500 lbs, and run what you brung, and you better bring alot.

Still working on sponsors, so the purse will hopefully be announced within 1 to 2 weeks. There WILL be a cash payout, its just a matter of how much. If anybody would be interested in helping sponsor, please contact myself or Scott.

Ted
Old 05-14-2005, 06:33 PM

if you are gonna follow some of the dhra rules why not just follow them all,the trucks that are built around prostreet running drugs will be at a big disadvantge..i thought i read in earlier post on this about not wrrying about tech,this guy owns the track,if its pure outlaw great but dont just follow the half of the dhra rules that suits,fallow them all ...by the way the dmax will be there...i think you saw us at bowling green
Old 05-14-2005, 07:35 PM

King D,

I was hoping you would see this. I wish I had known that was you at Bowling Green. Thats a nice running truck you have there too. I agree, I would liek to have it as an outlaw race, but I just passed on what I was asked to pass on. I will go back to Scott and Tim and see what they have to say though, as I have had a few people amongst the various sites mention this also.

Ted
Old 05-17-2005, 05:57 AM

not that i mind the race with rules byut if you are going to follow dhra rules part way lets follow them all the way,but any way we will be there no matter how the final rules shake down.i walked past you by the tree a few times and was going to talk with you but you always seemed to be very buisy so i didnt interupt...by the way nice times at the track...
Old 07-11-2005, 04:45 PM

Come join some of the fastest trucks on the east coast fight for the cash and the trophy, ProStreet $3000 to win, Street eliminator $1000 to win, 1st 2nd and 3rd place dyno awards, top 8 4.70 door slammers there also, many vendors, great food and fun, hotels near by

Keep up with www.Jeffersonpagelanddragway.com

or contact Tim Helms @ 704 634 2897

lets get the word out and make this big
Old 08-01-2005, 08:27 AM

Heres a link to a flyer for the event:

http://www.jeffersonpagelanddragway....rs/2005/aug13/
Old 08-01-2005, 07:13 PM

So who all is going? John P, you coming for this one? How about you Chris?

This should be some good ol southern FUN!!!