16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

TS in April deffinately going only

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 08:20 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TS in April definitely going only

So this is to firm up our plans for going to TS. If your not sure if you are going DON'T post in here. I only want people who are positive you are going as in have taken the vacation days off of work.
So far we are going to leave either Wed night or super early Thursday morning. That is yet to be determined.
We need to get a head count so we can provide the transportation.
Right now Travis is towing TJ's truck and has 4 guys in the truck.
Tony said he will drive also and can accommodate 4 people, Todd is leaving from Leonard Town so if you live down near there you might be able to get a ride with him.
So lets hear it, plans, ideas what kind of food your bringing etc.
DON'T POST IN HERE IF YOU AREN'T GOING!! I will have the moderators delete your post.
MARYLAND RESIDENTS ONLY PLEASE!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here's what I know so far (not much...): I'm towing my 5th down with the wife; Scott and Leonard have 2 of the 4 available beds. I think Leonard is riding with us? And someone else said they might also ride along from house. Plan on leaving at what time, 10pm-3am Wed. night? Where do we want to meet up? If you guys are coming down I-95 I can meet you at exit 104 at the Mr. Fuel or Pilot. That's where I'll be connecting off VA-207. Mr fuel generally has the cheaper diesel. As far as food I was thinking about bringing along a bushel or two of oysters along with other essentials. Or we could just wait 'til we get there and make a grocerie store run.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:00 AM
Banned

I'll hit a grocery store to get some simple snack type food, but Friday the open house at TS is catered, and breakfast is free at my hotel. For dinner on thursday there is a good chance that a big group from CompD will gather at one of the local watering holes for dinner and drinks. And Saturday there is food at the track for those interested, as well as at the fairgrounds Saturday night for the pull.

These are just my plans, nobody has to follow them, but Friday is a busy day at the shop if you stick around for the night time activities, and Saturday is quite busy with the track event and then getting over to the fairgrounds for the pull. If anything the best bet would be to load a cooler with stuff to make some subs and take that to the open house and track because there's not much time to be going back to the campground to eat without missing the action.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:22 AM
Chapter President

TJ you didn't vote in the poll.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:30 AM
Banned

i was planning on driving down to todds and riding with him. i have taken off work, but its the military so they could cancel my leave if need be but count me in for going. "you bring the steer, ill bring the beer"
Old 01-30-2008, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet
TJ you didn't vote in the poll.
SLACKER!!

I was planning on having the oysters for the after activity gatherings at the trailer. I have to get a cooler with wheels for travelling around the track with. I'm guessing they are allowed from what TJ is saying.
Old 01-30-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by crabbelle
i was planning on driving down to todds and riding with him. i have taken off work, but its the military so they could cancel my leave if need be but count me in for going. "you bring the steer, ill bring the beer"
I don't see your vote in the poll.
I guess it's OK if you don't make it cause they pull your leave chit. We'll let that slide if it happens.
I assume you realize I live 100 miles or more South of The Cave. Leonardtown, MD...ZIP 20650
When would you plan on driving down?
Old 01-30-2008, 12:42 PM

I am going and I am staying with sunir and will drive somebody just needs to let me know I have room for 2 more because sunir is riding with me also
Old 01-30-2008, 12:44 PM
Chapter President

MARYLAND PEOPLE PLEASE VOTE SO WE CAN GET AN ACCURATE HEAD COUNT!!!!!
Old 01-30-2008, 12:45 PM

Sorry about that
Old 01-30-2008, 12:54 PM

todd i'll just come to your house after work on wednesday and head to work from your house monday morning if thats ok with you.
Old 01-30-2008, 01:11 PM

ill be there for sure! i work in BG so it aint that far of a drive...

Hopefully make a few passes and hook to, just for the fun of it not looking to be competitive, cept for the night time activites then ill be competiting lol
Old 01-30-2008, 02:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think that everyone knows that I am going, I'm towing TJ down. Since Leonard is going to ride with Todd we now have room for one in my truck. I am bringing Captain and Coke, Gatorade, assorted chips and snack mix.
Old 01-30-2008, 03:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TKC2000
I don't see your vote in the poll.
I guess it's OK if you don't make it cause they pull your leave chit. We'll let that slide if it happens.
I assume you realize I live 100 miles or more South of The Cave. Leonardtown, MD...ZIP 20650
When would you plan on driving down?
im 2 hrs from you. i guess ill leave from my house 3 hrs before you wanna leave. i took off wednesday through monday. when did you guys get back last year?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:19 PM

I voted 'going and have a ride' ...will be riding up there with Tony in his truck (I think he's got 2 more seats in the back left)...I got shotgun already ...we're splittin' a room and stayin with everyone else in the hotel that TJ told me about. This event should be a fun one, cooler races here we come!

Quick Reply: TS in April deffinately going only