MDDTR #33 Forum for the Maryland chapter #33

SkillsUSA Car, Truck, Motorcycle Show

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SkillsUSA Car, Truck, Motorcycle Show

Hey guys, had a SkillsUSA meeting the other day. For those of you who don't know, SkillsUSA is an organization comprised of individuals in a vocational career education program. We were looking for ways to raise money so I suggested a car show. We're not going to have it for a while, probably not until next school year. I was just wondering if any of the people in the Mid Atlantic would be at all interested in coming. It's going to be at Queen Anne's County High School in Centreville, MD on the Eastern Shore. We are thinking about charging $5 for a display spot, $2 admission. We might sell some food also. But there is a car club on Kent Island that has a lot of imports and they will probably come. There is 100+ members of the club. We are welcoming all kinds of motor vehicles: American Muscle, Asian Imports, Euro Imports, Mini Trucks, Street Trucks, Offroad and Diesel Trucks, All Motorcycles. Just wondering if any of you guys think this is a good idea. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:11 PM

i could bring my bike, maybe 3 or 4 friends... i'd do anything to get away for a day just give me a date.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by BigErksG2
i could bring my bike, maybe 3 or 4 friends... i'd do anything to get away for a day just give me a date.
werd...
Old 06-04-2008, 12:56 PM

if i have the new truck i'll shine it up and bring it down and blow some smoke on the imports!!
Old 06-04-2008, 04:21 PM

Maybe we will be able to get dzlfarmboy to bring his dyno and we can make some runs. Imports will probably eat that up too. But this will probably be around late September to early October. Donations are welcome too guys. Thanks for the input.
Old 06-04-2008, 04:48 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by estshrrdnck725
Hey guys, had a SkillsUSA meeting the other day. For those of you who don't know, SkillsUSA is an organization comprised of individuals in a vocational career education program. We were looking for ways to raise money so I suggested a car show. We're not going to have it for a while, probably not until next school year. I was just wondering if any of the people in the Mid Atlantic would be at all interested in coming. It's going to be at Queen Anne's County High School in Centreville, MD on the Eastern Shore. We are thinking about charging $5 for a display spot, $2 admission. We might sell some food also. But there is a car club on Kent Island that has a lot of imports and they will probably come. There is 100+ members of the club. We are welcoming all kinds of motor vehicles: American Muscle, Asian Imports, Euro Imports, Mini Trucks, Street Trucks, Offroad and Diesel Trucks, All Motorcycles. Just wondering if any of you guys think this is a good idea. Thanks for the input.
i doubt those imports will be able to get up on the dyno. but ill bring the trucks and bike. maybe ill have leonards engine i can throw in the back of the ford and tell them imports i have two engines. double the horsepower
Old 06-05-2008, 03:25 PM

or we can throw some stickers on our trucks for more power!!!... NOS stickers are 50hp, all other performance stickers are 10. sorry, i had to.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:59 PM

Wow, you too? There is a kid in auto that sweared he got like 60hp from an o2 sensor in his Stanza. Then we got on em bout some K+N stickers adding 5hp, the chrome colored ones gave you 10 haha