HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

truck puking diesel in colorado springs

Old 11-20-2005, 10:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
truck puking diesel in colorado springs

just got to colorado today and my passenger side is coated with diesel. the passenger side engine compartment is dry and clean above the oil pan. the drivers side is soaked with diesel. starts at the vp and goes back. some how the leak, i think between the vp and lift pump, is getting on the passenger side. i cleaned the engine compartment as best i could especially around the vp and lp. drove the truck to see if i could find the leak. the 6 output lines on the vp are wet(esspecially the top one) and a little smoke is coming from the tranny side of the lp, but the lp is dry. im completely lost. #1 anybody had a problem like this before or know anything about this. #2 anybody know a good diesel mechanic in colo springs. thanks ya'll in advance for you help.

hummel
Old 11-21-2005, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To find a mechanic, I would call ATS (located in the Denver area) and ask for their recommendation.

John (DH)
Old 11-21-2005, 07:40 AM

If you have time got to a car wash and wash the motor. Let it dry then have someone fire the truck up. You should be able to see the leak form. When my 12v blew the supply line from the lift pump to the injector pump I could see it shooting out with the motor running but nothing with obvious with the motor off. Mine was a simple fix with 2 wrenches in the parking lot at work.
Old 11-21-2005, 11:04 AM

thanks guys. but due to lack of time i ended up taking it to the dealership. it was a faulty injection line from the pump to the motor. the only way i could get it to leak was to drive it. there wasnt enough pressure reving it up and looking for it. but by the time i drove it the diesel was spryed over everything and i couldnt determine where it was coming from.
Old 11-23-2005, 05:22 PM
Banned

i had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago..

i took the pump of , pretty simple. while doing that one of the studs was loos that hold the pump to the mounting bracket.. looked at it. took it apart . cleaned the gasket , put the top of the pump back on ,, no more leaks ... installed my fuel pressure gage that night too.. im getting 11-12 psi idle 8-9 cruising 5 at wot.. so there was no bad damage.. yet!!! hope this helps ..
Old 11-23-2005, 05:47 PM

A friend of mine who hauls RV's just had this happen on the weekend as well, #5 injector supply line cracked at the top of the fitting. THE LINE CLAMPS WERE ALL LOOSE ON TOP OF THE MOTOR. Popped my hood and found 2 loose, tightened up the clamps and will recheck on every oil change. Everybody should go and take a look to save the hassle of showering their engines with diesel fuel and possibly getting stranded.