HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

tranny lines shooting out fluid

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 09:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tranny lines shooting out fluid

ok so my 97 blew one of the tranny lines that go to the cooler. up front..... anyone have the part number for me to get new ones:? it rubbed on the crossmember and just wore threw. now i know one is return and one is pressure its the pressure one that blew is there any way i can patch it for a day or two with a hose and some hose clamps??????/

thanks guys for any help.
Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can patch it with about any power steering cooler hose and some clamps. Make sure whatever hose you put on is compatable with oil. It would be a good time to think about replacing the drainback valve or removing it as well. Most of the transmission failures I have seen had that checkball closed off. I usually replace the lines with hose and put one large cooler out front. Saw it drop trans temps on one truck almost 60 degrees! I don't run it thru the radiator cooler either. One large, quality cooler works well in most cases. Takes a little longer to go into overdrive when cold, but I can deal with that for lower overall trans temps.