HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First I am not sure of any Turbo Back system that doesn't require you to reinstall the Cat... May be an issue... If the Emissions Control System is not functioning properly it will cause the engine to lack power...

The intercooler is also another big issue... Stock Intercooler?

A bad Waste Gate could be causing the issue as well...

If it's a no fuel problem... Check the injector pump...

But if the pressure is fine at idle, maybe the pump is fine...
But what are your EGT's? I have the Banks system and If anything gets out of SAFE range the system cuts all the power back to save the truck... So with the Edge if you step into it and your EGT's get to high it may trip into safe mode and cut you back too...

Run through all of these checks, but I think the Cat and emissions control may be your culprit!!!
Old 09-26-2007, 04:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I will check all the stuff everyone helped me with but the guy that had to just make it sound like its all my fault because i put an edge in my truck, blah, blah, blah but hey everyone thanks. But i do know i dont think i had a cat on my truck ever. Diesel no emission testing am i right. And also i have electronic controled waste gate. wounder if i need one of those boost fooler.

Last edited by stroker400; 09-26-2007 at 04:50 PM. Reason: left out something
Old 09-26-2007, 05:14 PM

Oh... You had one!!!

At one time........ here is a magna flow Cat...

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pr...qt1=27&qv1=921

This is close to what it looked like...
Old 09-27-2007, 09:06 AM

Well I never saw that i bought it with 9000 miles on her and she was already mia then. But does the cat really make any diff i have a friend that works at a dodge dealer and he said make no diff at all about a cat.. But he may be wrong.
Old 09-27-2007, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by stroker400
Well I never saw that i bought it with 9000 miles on her and she was already mia then. But does the cat really make any diff i have a friend that works at a dodge dealer and he said make no diff at all about a cat.. But he may be wrong.
The Cat isn't going to make any difference except to give you better flow when it's gone. M Murrey does have a good point though. If you have a Juice with Attitude it will have Backdown parameters that can be set, and if you don't turn them off or set them higher it will DEFUEL the engine when you get to those parimeters. EX. EGT set for 1300 at 1350 you will de fuel. Also EDGE has Cold engine protection, so untill it reaches operating temp you will not get full fueling. You can turn these off by going to the Menu and following the prompts. Good luck.
Old 09-27-2007, 11:29 AM

The fuelling curves designed for these turcks are mapped for the back pressure presented by the catalytic converter and exhaust system. Indiscriminate removing the cat can lead to unbalancing of these settings, and may cause a reduction in horsepower.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mmurray
The fuelling curves designed for these turcks are mapped for the back pressure presented by the catalytic converter and exhaust system. Indiscriminate removing the cat can lead to unbalancing of these settings, and may cause a reduction in horsepower.
not likely though there is no way for the ecm to tell the cat is gone.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Banned

I'm no computer controlled cummins guy, but doesn't an "over-boost" situation put the truck into limp-mode?
Old 10-03-2007, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by ruquik
I'm no computer controlled cummins guy, but doesn't an "over-boost" situation put the truck into limp-mode?
I think that depends on the year of truck. I personnally have never had an overboost situation, but then I don't have a third gen either. With the right efficiency turbo it seems you could get plenty of air without excessive boost though. Remember high boost can be caused by restriction rather than lots of air flow.
Old 10-05-2007, 11:02 AM

My Max Boost recorded has been 42 lbs.... and I never got an "Over Boost" Cutback... Now Maybe Banks has some software built into the system to account for higher levels of boost to stop this... I don't know that answer...
Old 10-06-2007, 04:16 AM

there are no computer controlled emmisions systems in the 05. removing the cat does nothing more than increase flow therefore reducing back pressure. if removing the cat screwed with your vehicles parameters then so would an intake being as that it would increase the volume of incoming air to levels above what dodge had accounted for.
Old 10-06-2007, 07:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by chipmonk
there are no computer controlled emmisions systems in the 05. removing the cat does nothing more than increase flow therefore reducing back pressure. if removing the cat screwed with your vehicles parameters then so would an intake being as that it would increase the volume of incoming air to levels above what dodge had accounted for.
exactly right
Old 10-07-2007, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by chipmonk
Unless you had a programer to account for the increased flow...
Old 10-07-2007, 04:51 AM

even if i run my truck with everything on stock settings it does'nt run any differently because of not running a cat. it only runs a little cooler and more responsive because of airflow mods. removing the cat on a ctd which has no emmisions sensors to tell the ecm that anything has changed cannot do anything negative to the performance of the truck whether you're running stock or tuned settings. also air calibrations for a vehicle are not anywhere near exact due to the fact that the volume, temp, and quality of the intake air are constantly changing according to how fast you're driving, outside air temp, etc.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by mmurray
Unless you had a programer to account for the increased flow...
i think you are off track.

Quick Reply: Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy