HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy

OK Lets start first by saying hi. I am new to the site.
Next I have a 2004 1/2 ram 2500 Diesel with 4.10 gears and a 6 speed gear box. I added 5 inch turbo back exhaust with a muffler all from mbrp and i have bds cold air intake with the delete for the turbo silencer removed. and i am running the newest version of the Edge with Juice But in the past few days i have seen my truck lossing power it just doesnt pull hard and in 5 extreme it doesnt seem like i am on 3 even, It builds then mellows out and builds some more but never pulls like it was. I removed the box and it seems like its just lacking power.

I took it to a dodge dealer and they say fuel presure is ok and that the updated my computer with an up date so i am lost they think im crazy but i know my truck it feels like a ford lol
some one please help with ideas
Old 09-18-2007, 06:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
keep an eye on the oil level the 3rd gen truck had a bad problem with the injectors going out and the edge is a pressure box so that does not help any.sounds like you are draining the rail and that is why you are losing power
Old 09-18-2007, 06:53 PM

I am new to the diesel truck what do u mean
thanks
Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 PM

the rail is what feeds your injectors. Some boxes fuel so much that your injection pump (CP3) can't keep up. Draining the rail. The reason rpainter is saying keep an eye on your oil is if you have a bad leaky injector you will see your dipstick level raise fairly rapidly
Old 09-18-2007, 07:03 PM

O ok thanks Hippie816 Any idea on what i should do is the edge no good i loved the power it did make till this. any way to tell if it is bad oild level seems the same???
Old 09-18-2007, 07:09 PM

Yes and i have been getting bad fuel mileage lately too
Old 09-18-2007, 07:17 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Start simple. When was the last time the air and fuel filter were changed? That's where I would start. Any codes? You can cycle the key from off to on 4 times ending in the on position and any codes wilil show up in the odometer screen. No codes will show done, codes will show Pxxx.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:18 PM

i had the juice on my stock truck and i was pulling my fuel pressure down. the in tank lift pump couldn't keep up with the engine with the juice on extreme i would suggest a fuel pressure gauge and check your fuel filter to make sure that isn't clogged. the fact it is pulling hard then cutting out then pulling again makes me think fuel issue with stock injectors you shouldn't be draining the rail. i can't even drain my rail with the hot juice and stock injectors.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:50 PM

Ok my fuel filter is not clogged and i just replaced it to make sure. Also I just got the truck back from the dealer and i did remove the edge before i took it there. but they say the fuel pressure is ok so they say. Now with the edge removed from my truck it still seems like my truck is not pulling hard like it did. the edge hooked up i dont even get the smoke i use to get on the higher settings. and its not like it build and stops and builds it more or less feels really flat and never pulls hard anymore.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:57 PM

And also there are no codes doing the key thing it says done. Something is not right i know my truck and its a dog i am starting to get really up set. Any one have any ideas now. Seems like the dealer doesnt think anything is wrong and i know there is.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:59 PM

stroker where in PA? thing is if the fuel pressure is fine at idle but when you stomp down on the pedal i can drag the fuel pressure down. i know of guys that had 13 psi at idle and could pull it down to zero.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:39 PM

I live in elverson pa
Old 09-18-2007, 09:44 PM

If anyone in pa is close let me know. I am so ****** about this and dealers and i know i should get a fuel pressure gauge its just weird i here with the mods i have this thing should be burning the tires and should be making some pretty good hp numbers. What can i do or tell the dealer to look at they just charged me 100 bucks to do nothing lol. If its a bad injector and fuel is getting into the oil that is destroying my motor the more i drive it o this seems to be getting me no were. But everyone here is great just dont know what to do. 50,000 miles and this thing should be a rocket ya right lol
Old 09-18-2007, 09:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try cleaning the MAP sensor, if it is dirty it may give false readings to the ecm. Can you here your turbo spooling?
Old 09-18-2007, 09:48 PM

Ya it spools and i can here it builds boost but it seems slow doing so also.

Quick Reply: Please Help me. My first Diesel not happy