HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

Not dead pedal more dead spots. lp/ip??or APPS??

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 08:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Not dead pedal more dead spots. lp/ip??or APPS??

I know there are a million of these posts on here but I just wanted to hear it straight from the horses mouth specifically about my problem.

I am not sure what consists of true dead pedaling, I would assume it means the pedal can go straight to the floor and nothing happen. I am having an intermittent problem, when I am driving around I let off the accelerator and go to say make a turn step back on the accelerator and I have a brief period where nothing happens. It has seriously worried me a couple times because I get just far enough in to the next lane to be right in front of on coming traffic and then I have that second where the accelerator does nothing for me, then it comes back to life. It doesn't necessarily go to the for before it comes back to life. It is more like a dead spot in the pedal than a "dead pedal." It is an extened hesitation when I hit the acclerator. I have been reading about the APPS sensor and wonder if that could be it but I am also having a fueling problem. I have a fp gauge and my fuel pressure is nowhere near what everything says it should be. No load cruising stays around 7-8 psi. Accelerating drops to around 5 psi, and WOT can drop to 1 psi. I have taken it in to a Dodge dealership and they say the lift pump passes their volume test and say that nothing is wrong, I personally say bull hockey. I have replaced my fuel filter within the last 4500 miles and the day I replaced it I checked all my readings again and they all stayed the same. By the way my FP gauge is between the lp and the ip. I used a T connection to go in line. Could this be causing me to get false readings as opposed to say using a banjo bolt connection? I don't have any codes popping up on my odometer when I do the three turns, and I haven't got a code reader to check if any others are actually on my truck.

Everything I have is in my signature and I am still under warranty (83k) and would like to resolve this issue before I drop out of warranty. Any suggestions will be appreciated, and if further information is required to help anyone resolve this problem I will gladly provide it to help this process along. Thank you.
Old 12-27-2005, 08:52 AM

First thing. Are you getting any codes? Try turning your key on & off three times (without starting) and leave the key in the on position . You should get the codes in the ODO window. You might want to go have the truck scanned since you don't always get all the codes that way. Post the codes and we can help. Does it do it all the time? If you take it to a dealer will they say "Unable to duplicate"?
Tom
Old 12-27-2005, 09:18 AM

I turn the key on/off three times and never get any codes. The pedal problem is intermentent but seems to be happening more often.
Old 12-27-2005, 11:06 AM

Need a little more help.

Keep the suggestions rolling guys I need all the help I can get.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 PM

Go somewhere and get the truck scanned.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:41 PM

Have you tried resetting the APPS?? This costs nothing and sometimes helps.

The procedure is in the Tech Facts section.
Old 12-27-2005, 01:52 PM

That is exaclty what mine was doing till I just couldnt take it any more.
I replaced the whole APPS assy and problem went away.

dan
Old 12-30-2005, 09:19 AM

Same song

Originally Posted by zukgod1
That is exaclty what mine was doing till I just couldnt take it any more.
I replaced the whole APPS assy and problem went away.

dan
I had the same problem. Drove it for six months with it cutting out from time to time. It made me crazy and I never knew when it would fail all together. Replaced the APPS ($500 at my local *******) and no more problem.