HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

No power getting to starter now with batteries fully charged

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2011, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP No power getting to starter with batteries fully charged

Help with starting problem
I made a dumb mistake after trying to start my 95' Dodge Cummins.
I didn't get enough power to turn the engine over and ran the Batteries all the way down. Without thinking I hooked up my Batt. charger with all cables still connected instead of just jump starting it from my other truck. I didn't notice that the charger was set to the START power setting and I left it on for a while before seeing that I was boiling the batteries.
Now I get no power to the starter at all and both batteries are fully charged.
I forgot to mention that I eventually disconnected both batteries and cleaned out any corona around the battery boxes. I reconnected the batteries and then When I opened the driverside door to get in I started hearing a clicking sound coming from the Power Distribution Center.
I think maybe I caused a problem in the security system when I disconnected both batteries and that is why I can't get any power to the starting system I disarmed the alarm system siren/horn years ago and I am hearing the clicking from one of the relays. What do you guys think?
The truck kept locking itself for awhile too.

Last edited by waltlarson; 04-17-2011 at 08:42 AM. Reason: spelling & forgotten words