HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

My truck has a lot of Codes

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My truck has a lot of Codes

It first start months ago . so i pulled the wiring harness check it out . pulled the ECm sent it to cummins they said it was fine. and nothing check out bad with the harness. so i finally put it all back together. and I am getting a p0118,1689, 0380, 0382,0230,1698,0522,0237, some of the codes when away after starting it up and running it. But not all of them i now most recently have a1693 companion code p 0237 0522 0382 1295??, 0342, 0606, 0112, and a few others but for some odd reason went way . Now cummins said then ECM tested fine. whatever test they do. The problems that im having is i have a dead pedal sometimes ( i bought a new APPS) didnt work, the coolant and oil pressure guages go alll over the place. i turn the key to the on postion and it reads 40psi and the coolant will read over 200* sometimes. But somtimes they work fine when the key is turned on... When i hit the throttle it pops and carries on like it fuels then doesnt. and the Cruise control light illumiates randomly. when i hit the pedal it will go on, and if i push it down again it will go out and soo on... Sorry its sooooo long it has been a long process.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:11 PM
DTR's 'Go to Guy'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sure sounds like a ground issue to me. Try checking all of the grounds, both engine side, and body side. Make sure the batteries have good clean connections as well. What all do you have as far as mods? Try removing them one at a time as well to see if it makes a difference. Obviously only the electrical mods. Exhaust, ect shouldn't make any difference unless it is causing a wire to be stretched or burned.......
Old 06-30-2008, 11:15 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
P0118 - Engine coolant temp above max acceptable voltage
P1689 - No communication between ECM and Injector Pump module
P0380 - Intake Air Heater Relay #1 Control Circuit
P0382 - Intake Air Heater Relay #2 Control Circuit
P0230 - Transfer pump (lift pump) circuit out of range
P1698 - No messages received from PCM (Companion DTC)
P0522 - Oil pressure voltage too low
P0237 - MAP sensor voltage too low
P1295 - APPS supply voltage too low
P0342 - no code listed (immediately preceding codes are for crank/cam position sensors)
P0606 - ECM internal fault code
P0112 - Intake Air Temp sensor voltage too low

With all of those issues, I'd be checking grounds. The common theme seems to be low voltage on a number of sensors. I'm thinking you have a bad ground somewhere causing low voltage. Check the ground from the primary battery to the frame (should be two) and the ones from the aux battery to the frame (should be three). The ECM is grounded to the battery itself. Or you actually have a problem with the supply voltage coming into all of those sensors, which comes from the ECM.
Old 07-01-2008, 06:32 AM

I had the same kind of problem but my ECM was shot. I think it had something to do with my Edge. I had the ECM replaced truck drove fine until I turned on the Edge and right after that same thing as what you said. Disconnected the Edge and had the ECM warrantied out, and haven't had the problems ever since. As soon as I get home in August I'm going to send the Edge in to see if anything is wrong with it.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 AM

I had a edge comp box that i gave away to my buddy to put on his 01 and it didnt change anything on my truck and works great on his. the only other kind of electrical mod is a HRVP. I have checked and double checked every ground. I am in the process of P pumping it but i wanted my guages to work properly so i didnt have to run a bunch more guages. Could the PCM possible be shot? I know the pcm receives signal from the APPS. There has got to be something wrong with either the circuit or one on the sensors is grounding becasue all the codes i am getting are off of the same sensor return to the ECM. I wander if the cruise control is messed up shorting soemthing out thats why when i hit the throttle the cruise control light comes on???