HELP! If you have an EMERGENCY situation with your truck, or you need IMMEDIATE technical help, use this board.

LOW heat in cab issues got worse.

Old 12-05-2002, 10:28 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
LOW heat in cab issues got worse.

boy,this HELP board gets real busy when the temp drops!
I had already been complaining about LOW heat in the cab issues and today it is snowing & 20*here. when I got in my truck this morning and started(no problem there) on my 25 minute trip home I had NO heat. instead of my usual lukewarm heat I had next to nothing but yet the engine temp was the same as usual(about 180* and thats with everything blocked off in the front.). I have heard of a water valve behind the glove box that goes bad??? any truth to that?? does the dash need removing to get tothat too??I was told that the temp control cable operates a DOOR. does it do both? I have off the next 3 days and need to tear into this. thanx , DAVE ???
Old 12-05-2002, 10:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:LOW heat in cab issues got worse.

Dave, I had the same problem but on my truck the heat/cold damper is controlled by a little motor which had gone bad. If your '95 is controlled by a cable (better setup in my opinion) and you have acess to it, remove the cable at the damper and see if you can manually move the damper by hand. When I removed the bad motor for replacement, the damper wanted to go all the way to the heat flow side and man what a difference. I got heat within about 5 minutes, my gauge wasn't even off the cold mark yet. Hopefully it is something simple like the cable slipped off or is out of adjustment such that the damper isn't closing far enough on the heat side. You should be able to feel the hoses going in and out of the heater core, if they're both warm then you know you are getting heat to the core and you have a problem with air flow.<br><br>Jim